Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Astron RS-35M Help

Reviews Summary for Astron RS-35M
Astron RS-35M Reviews: 171 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $169.95
Description: Astron 35 amp (ICS), 25 amp (continuous) linear regulated power supply.

You can write your own review of the Astron RS-35M.

N8FNR Rating: 4/5 Apr 6, 2019 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Great power supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 15 years my RS-35M failed. I have an external LED power meter on it and it was rocksteady at 13.9v until this week. Suddenly it started flickering between 13.9 and 14 and then the fuse popped. Tried a new fuse and that popped. Tried a new AC cord but the fuse still popped. Well 18 years is not too bad in my book so I ordered a new one from Dx Engineering. With free shipping it was $240 and I got it in two days. The new one is a lot nicer as the meters are now lit with LED's and there are two Powerpole outlets on the front of it.

K6QT Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2018 04:09 Send this review to a friend
Best power supply I've owned!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned an RS-35M for a couple years now. It has worked to perfection. Just plug it in, screw the polarized leads to the back, and turn it on. It's ready to go. I had some MFJ (watch out!) switching power supply (can't remember which). I should have read up on different hams' experience with it. Many a ham had cried over the loss of all their radio equipment plugged into the thing. One day I turned it on and even though the voltage was set to 13.5, the voltage went out of control; the meter was just pegged, and 3 radios got fried! Cost me a couple of grand. Then some nice and experienced ham at an HRO in California said if there was any supply he would buy, it would be the Astron RS-35M. I bought it immediately (and bought all new radios, to my chagrin!) and haven't had a problem. Very good workhorse; it can go on for hours and days at a time with reliability.

KB9ERU Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2018 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Illuninated Meters. Sweet!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I retired my trusty old RS-35A with a new RS-35M when I recently upgraded radios.

After unboxing and powering up, I immediately noticed the illuminated (LED backlit) meters.

Astron, just when I think your product couldn't get any better - you go and install LED backlit meters. Nice!

Everyone knows that the RS series are stable and dependable workhorses. I've installed quite a few in the LMR world back in the day. I would expect many years of faithful service from this RS-35M.

...did I mention the illuminated meters? hihi...

WB2LCW Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2018 15:40 Send this review to a friend
Dependable Power supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my RS-35M used from a ham in Queens NY.
It worked very well but once in a while it would oscillate the voltage. I hunted around and found a
solder joint on the circuit board that was not that shinny. I removed the solder from the PCB pad.
I scrapped the component leads with a razor knife to remove any oxidation and re-soldered.
The power supply has been rock solid ever since.
I bought it used and Ive had it five years since.

KG7OR Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2017 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Dependable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the '35M for my new HF transceiver due to my experience with an RS-20M that has powered my VHF base stations for 27 years. That one has been so dependable that I've never thought about it in all that time except to turn it on and off. So far (one month) my '35M has lived up to its little brother's reputation. The brightly illuminated meters are a nice touch.

AI4WC Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2017 10:43 Send this review to a friend
My second look...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yesterday, because of my poor eyesight and frailty, I mistakenly thought I was reading amps instead of volts on my RS-35M. The PS was working perfectly! I am happy to know that my "former" good feelings for Astron have been restored, and I apologize for my error!

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2017 07:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Power Supply!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my Astron RS-35M for over 16 years and it works GREAT! Kind of like the energizer bunny . . . Just keeps working! Highly recommend as a power source for any ham shack. You won't be disappointed!

W9HH Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2017 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid Power Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I guess it's time for a review after 27 years of service. Owned mine since 1990 - Never a problem at all. I worked for a 2-way radio shop at the time this one was purchased. It's what we sold, serviced and had the best luck with.

The RS-35M did not have lighted meters when I acquired mine, so a few years ago I finally decided to install my own blue LED's. It adds a nice touch.

If I ever needed another bench supply for the shack, I'd probably look to Astron first based on the reliability and clean output of this one. highly recommended - My rating is a solid 5 for sure.

W5EJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2016 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine in place and turned on now for 13 years, never an issue, always puts out the same steady 13.8 volts it did when I bought it. It is well grounded and runs 3 HF radios, 2 VHF/UHF radios and countless perhiperals. Highly recommended.

WD5FUN Rating: 1/5 Feb 15, 2016 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Who Engineered this thing?  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like a previous reviewer I was astounded to find that after about a year the amp meter light burned out. So I thought I would pop it open, replace the bulb and be back in business. No, there was no bulb to replace, you have to buy a new meter to get one that is lighted. I can't believe that anyone would do that. I am not going to replace it, I just want everyone that sees my shack to see that I have only one meter that lights so I can tell them why not to buy an Astron. I gave it a 1 because it does power my radio.