Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Help

Reviews Summary for MTS /Malcolm Technical Support
MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Reviews: 204 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $50/hr
Description: Repairs Icom + ?
More info: http://mts-icom.wix.com/hamradiorepair

You can write your own review of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support.

SWL377 Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2019 19:17 Send this review to a friend
ICOM surgeon extraordinaire  Time owned: more than 12 months
Scott has been doing this for a LONG time. Accordingly, he has seen just about everything that can go wrong with ICOM radios so the chances of your problem being something brand new to him is low. That experience is priceless and results in lower repair costs since he doesn't have to do extensive troubleshooting to identify a problem he is familiar with. Scott has zillions of 5-star reviews and just a couple of angry outliers. I don't know what happened in this tiny fraction of cases, but I've never had anything but excellent service and repairs from MTS. We are lucky to have Scott as ICOM no longer supports much of the gear that he still works on. I'd give MTS six stars if I could.

KA1KLO Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2019 19:14 Send this review to a friend
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious  Time owned: more than 12 months
Scott is always a pleasure to deal with. Keeping my 20 piece 1980's Icom rigs and Accessories going can only described as a pleasure. Scott "The Man" One word professionalism.

N7ZRZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2018 00:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Guy with Great Service 5*  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Icom IC-820H developed an RF output problem on the UHF side. After about a year living with the problem I decided to give Scott an MTS a try at repairing my Icom. From the first quick response on email, I knew why Scotts ratings are soooo good here on eHam. We did have a small hiccup but Scott was ready for an equally fair solution to the 2nd round problem. Never met the man, but sure would like to as he seems to be the kind of guy you would like to find out more about. I know that in the future if any of my ham gear need help I will send it to Scott at MTS with Total Confidence...
Scott wants to make sure his customers are satisfied with his work and that really shows with his proud work ethics.

Thank You - SO Very much Scott!
73' Darrell - N7ZRZ

WA4IPU Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2018 23:24 Send this review to a friend
Icom HT repair.  Time owned: more than 12 months
My IC-T8A HT stopped working on the battery. Icom service said the radio was no longer serviceable. A local ham friend of mine recommended Scott Malcolm. In a quick response to my email to him, he diagnosed the problem and provided the very reasonable repair cost. I sent the radio to him, and in just a few weeks I received the handset back, repaired and very well packed. The problem was exactly as he diagnosed without even seeing it. I am very happy with his service.

WB3DYE Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2018 04:16 Send this review to a friend
good experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted to say that Malcolm was a great help to me.

My Icom 706 ,k2g was having some issues and I was ready to pack it up and send it to Malcolm. I talked to him on the phone explained what what going on and he suggested it was operator error on my part ;-)
He was RIGHT!! After checking the radio and following his suggestions the problem disappeared!!
I would highly recommend MTS to anyone wanting a repair and/or advice!

WA9WCN Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2018 20:02 Send this review to a friend
Icom 741 (IC745)   Time owned: more than 12 months
Scott was very professional...Excellent communicator about the issues with the gear. Scott was able to track down leaky transistor, diodes and a cap on the RF unit. Overall alignment after a 4 hour on time. The price of labor and parts was very reasonable. The receiver sounds like a brand new piece of equipment. I would highly recommend his service. The radio was returned after about 2 weeks including transportation from Las Vegas to Toledo, Wa and return.

W4AMP Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2017 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Icom man!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent Icom tech with affordable prices. Actually cares about his customers and does a great job. The only tech I would trust with my Icom 375A.

WB8DTJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2017 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Fixed my Icom746Pro  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had a problem with my Icom IC746Pro and was discouraged, thinking that it would cost an arm and a leg to get it repaired and back on the air. I contacted Scott and he offered a suggestion as to what the problem might be and an approximate cost for the repairs. I forwarded the rig to Scott and was pleasantly surprised to hear that issue was not as severe as first anticipated. He updated the rig with a couple of mods and the cost was considerably less than what I had anticipated. If you need work done on your Icom equipment I can think of no one better to help you out.

KB1NO Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2017 21:34 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-761 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm on the opposite coast, so it was going to be expensive and risky to ship the heavy IC-761 to Scott.
I agreed to pay Scott for his time and he guided me through the repair via email.
I've used Scott before on smaller rigs, and was very pleased with the outcome.
I couldn't be happier with the outstanding service that Scott provides.

KC4PX Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2017 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Repair of IC-910H  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 1296 Module would not operate in my IC-910H. I contact MTS to see if they were interested in repair of this radio. Communications was excellent all along the way from my shipping, his receipt of the radio, to final shipping back. MTS described what was found, (bad 5 volt regulator) repaired and also performed temperature testing which showed a hot regulator. They suggested I approve a modification where the regulator needed a heatsink - I approve, and the radio has been in excellent working order. MTS also indicated that if the display ever failed, they could also replace it. I highly recommend MTS