Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Yaesu Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu Factory Service
Yaesu Factory Service Reviews: 261 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Yeasu's Amateur Radio Factory Service Center in California
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=ContactUs&DivisionID=65

You can write your own review of the Yaesu Factory Service.

KB9ERU Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2018 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had a suspected control board issue with my less than a year-old FT-450D. Unit is under warranty, so off to Cypress CA it went.

I received an email August 7th from the repair center advising the arrival of the radio, and a 2-3 week wait to repair.

I received another email August 10th confirming control board replacement, and a FedEx tracking number. Radio was repaired and turned around in less than 36 hours.

To say I am pleased is an understatement. Thanks to all involved at the Cypress facility for the excellent communication, and expedient repair of my FT-450D!

K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2018 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Fast & responsive  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had good experiences with Yaesu service.

I haven't yet needed to send anything for repair but I've had a few small issues with the FT-891 & FT-817nd radios which were solved via eMail.

The guys whom I talked to were knowledgeable and quick to respond. I've been in customer service in some form for most of my working life and so I appreciate how it is to work with many folks and various issues on a daily basis. If you are respectful to them then you can expect same.

K1GUY Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2018 15:45 Send this review to a friend
why i buy Yaesu  Time owned: more than 12 months
I always have a Yaesu radio in my shack...and my car, with the Yaesu 120A. And for those who know how to install a mobile antenna, it's great with the Yaesu 891 Radio.

Whenever I might have a question, the Yaesu service department is always there with very very helpful advise. Only once did I send a radio to them with 3 day turn-around...nothing found, as it was a short in my coax (intermitent). Found the short as it was weather related and the radio just performs as new. Yaesu service is GREAT, and I will always highly consider buying another Yaesu radio as service is important after the sale.

NA5AR Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2018 22:48 Send this review to a friend
PLEASED WITH THEIR HELP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought a new 2 mtr rig, being an old man I had a couple issues I did not understand so I emailed them and got a response quickly and after a couple they help me understand all and got the rig working like I needed. I am happy. Thanks Yaesu for the help.

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2018 18:31 Send this review to a friend
GREAT SERVICE  Time owned: more than 12 months
GREAT SERVICE TURN AROUND TIME 2 WEEKS COULD NOT ASK FOR BETTER SERVICE 73

WB9AZA Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2018 19:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
All my dealings with Yaesu Service have been excellent. Tim Factor and his techs have treated me with an understanding of my issues and communicate well. You overheated customers should try the same to them. I have spent many years in the service industry and found treating each other with respect really works.

KG5WY Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2018 21:57 Send this review to a friend
FTdx5000 OLEDs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hats off to the people at the Yaesu repair facility in Cypress California.
The repair technicians and engineers did an outstanding job replacing the 3 OLEDs on my FTdx5000 that recently went bad.
I did not want to attempt this repair myself due to the disassembly/reassembly complexity.
Communication with all the staff was friendly, professional and knowledgeable.
The repair and turnaround was very fast and the price was much lower than I expected.
I am a happy Yaesu customer and owner.

K3JKQ Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2018 01:19 Send this review to a friend
Great and quick service  Time owned: months
Just sent am Yaesu FT 817 in for a problem. I have not used the rig for some time and actually had forgotten a programming feature which gave me the thought I was having a problem with the rig. I sent it to Yaesu and got a quick response and a call that diagnosis was underway and that it looked like I had just overlooked making a programming selection I needed to do. They requested that there be no charge and sent the rig back with no charge. The tech I talked to was great and I have no problems with this service. As a result i just ordered a new FT891. Other brands of equipment have not been nearly as good with service

N2THD Rating: 0/5 Feb 6, 2018 08:01 Send this review to a friend
Lost in translation  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not too very long ago I had an FT-5100 dual band mobile that needed help. At this point I'm not exactly sure what the issue was, but I contacted Yaesu service by phone about it. This was in 2000 or 2001. They told me to send it in. So in spite of the warnings I had received from friends who had shared their horror stories of dealing with Yaesu Service, I packed it up well and sent it off. They had it for about 2 weeks when I called on the status. They had no idea what I was talking about and said they didn't have the radio. I told them I had a shipping receipt and they had received it. He took my info and said I'd be contacted. Coincidentally the next day my radio arrived at my doorstep. I opened it and read the papers inside. No charge? I was amazed! That feeling last right up until I read farther into the note accompanying the receipt. There was no charge because they no longer serviced the 5100. That was the last time I ever sent anything in to Yaesu for repair. The only Yaesu products I buy now have to be so low priced I can pass them up or something I know I can either repair myself or turn around and resell at a profit. I own only 3 Yaesus now, an 857 I got for nothing from a buddy who couldn't get it working correctly, an 857D new in the box I horse traded for and now resides in my truck, and an 897 I bought used a long time ago for a really good price. My regular radios are an IC7300, a Ten Tec 565 Orion, and a Collins S-Line station. No more Yaesus for me.

N9BC Rating: 0/5 Jan 12, 2018 12:59 Send this review to a friend
Would not Honor their Offer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I upgraded to the latest firmware on my FTDX-3000 and after the performing the upgrade I noticed I could no longer set the power level past 50w. I called Yeasu support and ended up talking to Tim Factor. At the time of writing this is. He is currently the support manager. So now that I have him on the phone we downloaded the firmware once again. And he walked me through the process which I did a few times but I would entertain him and go through it again. If flashed just like before with no errors. Looking at the firmware versions I noticed that on the TFT version it was set to the correct one but also had more info than any of other firmware that was loaded. I took a short video of what I was seeing and sent it to Tim. He said he had never seen that before and needed to send this up to the Japan engineers.

A day later or so he got back to me. Stating the firmware that after installing the TFT firmware was once checked by pressing GEN+50+ENT Plus a forth key by mistake and then a second time by mistake. That is what caused it to be locked in to the EU/JAP 50w restriction. This condition can only happen as described. It was a innocent mistake by me by pressing the keys. He then offered to repair the radio at no charge but I would have to send the radio in to them.

No too happy that I have to send it in. But I would like it fixed. So I picked up a nice Pelican case packed the radio in and sent it off Via UPS. $120 later it is on its way.

A few weeks later I got an update. Not from Tim but another support person. He told me that the technician that looked at my radio noticed I had performed the MARS/CAP mod and shorted the control unit and that is what caused the issue. He then said to fix it I would need to pay $375. I replied back with what Tim had stated that came from the Japan Engineers that the only why it could happen is the key sequence that I mistakenly did. More emails exchanged and was told I would still need to pay the $375.

I personally think they canít re-flash the board and the only way is to replace it. I also believe the MARS/CAP did not cause any issue since that was done over a year previously and did not have any issues adjusting the power level past 50w. I find it very disturbing that Yeasu would not honor the offer they initially told me. If I would have known they were going to charge me I would not have spent the money on a shipping case and paid for shipping it there. Needless to say I did not have them do the work.

Extremely disappointed with Yeasu and their dishonest practices.