Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Help

Reviews Summary for WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV
WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV Reviews: 265 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $90
Description: An extremely well made G5RV type antenna. Kerry (WA2NAN) builds these antennas with excellent materials and very good attention to detail. The center insulator is a really nice piece of work and all the connections are soldered and have heat shrink tubing on them. I am not affiliated at all with WA2NAN but have one of his antennas and it is great.

Info: kerry@northnet.org

You can write your own review of the WA2NAN True-Talk G5RV.

NU9S Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2018 01:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am on my second G5RV purchased from WA2NAN because the first one was damaged by Florida storms. The reason I am writing it to thank you for making such a high quality antenna for a great price. It is built like a tank and better than any other G5RV I have tried and I've tried a few. It handles the nasty weather we have down here in Florida during storm season and tunes up great on most all bands.

W5GTG Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2018 02:00 Send this review to a friend
G5RV Jr. Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Perfect for my needs. Excellent workmanship and Kerry was there to answer all questions. Mounted on my 40' deck because my house is on piers and the ground drops at a 45 deg angle in front, so the inverted V works great for now. I've made a lot of dx contacts on 20m. Still need to try the other bands, should be able to tune 6-40m. I made some offset brackets out of 1" pvc to keep the ladder line 14" away from the pole and made the choke out of a piece of 4-1/2" pvc I had laying around. Dipole is situated east to west. Thanks WA2NAN

MTMAPMAKER Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2018 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a G5RV Jr. built by Kerry and it is an outstanding piece of workmanship and materials. It has been up for a year now and looks as good as new. I wanted to fill-in the directions not covered by this antenna so I bought a popular EFHF 130 ft antenna and put it up about a month ago. It had a small choke wound on the end near the balun and the wire broke there during one of our Oklahoma wind storms. I soldered it together and put it back up. It broke again! What a cheap design and It had 3 S units more noise than the G5RV Jr. I bought the full size and up it went. Great reception, high quality and LOW noise. I learned my lesson!!

K8ZK Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2018 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Well Built in USA  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second WA2NAN antenna. My first lasted ~15 years until it was attacked by a rodent. After a temporary repair, it was clear the sun and elements had baked the materials and it was probably time for a new one. I generally do SWL on several SDRs, so I cannot speak for TX performance. But the 102' appears to do well for my needs. It appears that Kerry has improved the design over the years, as my new one looks more robust.

VA7JH Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2018 18:55 Send this review to a friend
A quality antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is built like a tank. All connections were properly sealed. My first contact made was on 40 meters and managed 4000 kms Ft8 with 20 watts. I would recommend this antenna to anyone.

K4SSN Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2018 13:16 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased back in December and after 2 months on the air , I can confirm what others have said about this antenna is true, its a performer.
I was impressed by the build quality , but, the performance is what really struck me.
Kerry is a great guy to deal with, very helpful and professional. If a G%RV is what you seek, then look no further than this antenna.

N0AVR Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2018 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Best multi-bander I've found.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm on my second G5RV from Kerry. (First was destroyed in a thunderstorm.) I keep trying other antennas (dipoles, end-fed, etc.) and I keep coming back to this one. Tunes on all bands it's supposed to. I work the entire US and tons of DX with great reports. I have it up about 55 feet. Quality of construction is superb and the price is right.

KD4BBQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2018 14:06 Send this review to a friend
True-Talk G5RV I Am Very Pleased  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had my True-Talk G5RV antenna for almost a year now and am very pleased with it. The parts used to build the antenna are of the best quality and the manufacturing is excellent. The performance of this antenna is excellent on all bands and it out performs my end fed zepp especially the receive. Kerry gives great customer service with very good communication and fast shipment. I am also very pleased with the price.

KE8HVA Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2018 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking to build my own antenna like a proper Ham but at $100, you simply cannot build a G5RV cheaper, especially not with this quality. The design and build are incredible with the custom designed center insulator/ladder connector feeding the coated wires into waterproof connectors, well crimped ends and solid end insulators.
Mine is suspended 40 feet into a tree in an inverted V that fits my small city lot pretty well. In conjunction with my TS-590SG's internal tuner, it operates great on bands a G5RV is intended for. Even in bad band conditions, I was able to talk to California from Michigan on 50 watts with it on 40.
It is temperamental on tuning up on 80 meters but this is because I believe one radial is too close to my aluminum flashing which I will correct in the Spring.
Really a great buy if you have the room for a G5RV. The coated wires and sealed connections make it worth the extra few bucks over the bare wire, flimsy one with the green insulators from another brand.

W5YAK Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2017 05:33 Send this review to a friend
5 Stars  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
From the moment I clicked the buy now button I have been happy with my purchase. Kerry made immediate contact with me and continued to answer my questions promptly and offer impeccable customer service. The 102 G5RV is well built. I put it up about 30 feet as an inverted V at about 120 deg angle. Using an FTDX 3000, Ameritron Al-811h, and an ATR-20 tuner it tunes up well on 10-80- hadnít tried 6. In the first 24 hours Iíhad Qsoís with 8 states and 3 Dx contacts. It seems to propogate in all directions well. No RF feedback, so I didnít bother with the ugly balun choke.