Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4 Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4
Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4 Reviews: 89 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $79.99
Description: Coax switch with lightning surge protection.
More info: http://www.alphadeltacom.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4.

KD4CQZ Rating: 1/5 Jun 27, 2019 15:30 Send this review to a friend
100% failure rate  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased two Delta-4 switches and in less than a year both had problems with the switch grounding a selected antenna.Alpha Delta never responded to any of my emails asking for assistance. If these switches have a warranty, how you would make a warranty claim is a mystery.

Despite the robust appearance of the switch, the internal switching mechanism is fragile. Unlike my Daiwa antenna switches, which use a very solid switch/contact mechanism, the switch mechanism in the Delta-4 switch is flimsy. The build quality is marginal. The switch mechanism is soldered to the SO-239 with silver plated metal strips. Soldering is crude and soldering running under the strip was the reason for one of my switches failing. The strips are not insulated and are so close to the grounded body of the switch that, in my case, each switch developed a ground on either the common connector or one of the antenna connectors.

I was able to repair both switches by placing electrical insulation between the metal strips that connect to the SO-239 and the body of the switch.

The number 2 and 3 antenna inputs are slightly more robust than the outer, #1 and #4 inputs due to the switch being more flexible near the outer, #1 and #4 inputs.

There are definitely better choices for antenna switches, especially if you have an antenna with a higher SWR, and or, you have an amp.

K0COM Rating: 1/5 Mar 30, 2019 04:37 Send this review to a friend
Can't trust them  Time owned: more than 12 months
After several months of strange behavior with 2 Delta-4 switches I finally pulled the back off of one and find the issue. The central buss that connects to the center common is made of too flimsy a material and when #1 position is selected, the curved buss bar rocks and shorts to the #4 connector as well. I'm glad my acom 2000 has such good protection safeguards. Perhaps the 2 position models would not suffer from the same issue. I'm getting rid of the 4 position switches and looking for something I can trust.

N1AUP Rating: 0/5 Mar 26, 2019 11:27 Send this review to a friend
Had problems with 3 out of the 5 that I bought.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought 5 of these for a major ham shack project. Three have had issues. I attempted to contact AD's support. One email listed on their web site is not valid, and the other never generates a response. Phone calls are never answered, and voice mail never responded to.

I finally took the switches apart, and the inside components are very flimsy. If anything wears slightly, or is slightly bent from use, the switch fails. These units seem to be hand soldered, and they are not consistent.

At $99, I expected far better.

Had a Daiwa switch before, and it was flawless.

WB9AZA Rating: 2/5 Dec 17, 2018 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Needs Better QC  Time owned: more than 12 months
I always have had excellent results with their antennas, simple designs that work well when properly installed. The antenna switches are a different story. The problems begin as frequency and power increases. The 4 position units have great potential but lack in quality control. The internal contacts in positions 1 and 4 need proper adjustment for full contact. Not noticed until power levels and frequency rise.
The rear metal plate where the grounding cable would attach is insulated from the main body due to paint. Both the main body and rear plate are well painted before assembly but only the ground strap circle has the paint removed. My new switch as of last week (I have 3) had no conductivity from the main body to the grounding plate. Removing the paint under the tapered screw holes and aligning the contacts resolved all the problems with my switches. These could be first class antenna switches if Alpha Delta would take better care of these small but critical issues. Would I still recommend their products, Yes but inspect your purchase before using the them.

W0BKR Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2017 06:42 Send this review to a friend
Good Quality Switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had both the 3 position and the 4 position switches, solid, easy switching and no issues. No noticeable cross talk/bleed over as compared to many of the B/W Switches....I would get one any time without reservation....

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 20:03 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 5. Of these switches .only one has given me trouble ,very easy fix .just a realignment

KT4EP Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Great product w/one exception  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my switch two years, now, and the only problem I have is when I switch to position number 2, sometimes I have to "jiggle" it to get it to connect properly. I noticed this when I was working JT65 and switching between antennas that sporadically, there was no signal until I tapped or jiggled the switch. I haven't taken it apart and for now do not intend to. I would buy another one if needed.

WC4R Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 08:30 Send this review to a friend
No failure  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use two of these. One for radios, one for antennas. I've switch them back & forth countless times for many years and they have preformed flawlessly.

N2DY Rating: 1/5 Feb 28, 2017 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Poor Design  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like several others, the switch developed a dead position. I opened it up and was shocked at the very poor design. The contacts use a piece of very weak and bendable ribbon wire. That ribbon moves and bends over time and makes poor contact. Worse, it has a tendency to leave more than one position connected at times, a very bad thing for those that use the switch to switch in different radios rather than to switch different antennas. I was disappointed since i am a big Alpha Delta fan. Believe it or not, the new MFJ Rhino antenna switch is of better design and quality. I replaced my Alpha Delta 4 position with one of those and no issues at all.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2017 10:20 Send this review to a friend
THE STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the Alpha Delta 4 for many years. No problem and lots of peace of mind with its built in protection. I am buying my second one today for another station.