Reviews Categories | Ham Logging Software | MacLoggerDX Help

Reviews Summary for MacLoggerDX
MacLoggerDX Reviews: 160 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $95.
Description: General-purpose logging software with interfaces to many radios, internet DXClusters, TNCs, and QRZ CD ROM database. Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
More info: http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html

You can write your own review of the MacLoggerDX.

W6JTB Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2018 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Super!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tech support from the author is off the charts. I had a question on an early Sunday morning and had a reply before I got out of church. This feature filled program is worth every penny of the licensing fee...two thumbs up!!

WD1V Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2018 02:40 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Log & Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was one of the first users and have observed first hand that a fine program has continued to evolve and just get better and better and better. Its literally fun to use and expands every QSO experience with great insights and assistance. Enjoy!

N9SDC Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2018 01:47 Send this review to a friend
The Best Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running MacLoggerDX for about a year and have to say it is a terrific program for the Mac. It does everything I need and is relatively intuitive to use. That said, I am no computer geek and there are times when I don't understand why something unexpected occurs. If I cannot find it in their instructions which, by the way are well written, I email the question to support. When I do I am always impressed at how fast a response I get and how professionally my concern is addressed. It is very rare to find a business that shows such respect for their customers. I highly recommend this product!

KB4EUZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2018 10:26 Send this review to a friend
MacLoggerDX and it's Technical support is AWESOME!.   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have recently converted my station over to a MAC and IC7300. Went with MacLoggerDX and I am not disappointed. The program does everything I need for Logging contact, chasing DX/WAS, and contesting. I have to say my hat is off for the superior Tech Support you get from Don Agro VE3VRW at dogpark support. All questions and issues I have experienced have been answered very quickly and corrected my problem. The Logging program is great and the Tech Support Awesome.This package you will not be disappointed with!
73's de Fred KB4EUZ

KB3TAW Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2018 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent logging software for Mac users  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally, superior ham software for us Mac users. I have used other software programs for years on a PC and they cannot compare with MacLoggerDX on my iMac. I am not a technical person but I had very little difficultly connecting my Kenwood TS-2000 and setting up this software. I think this software is great, very user friendly and I am a very pleased new user.

WD4DXQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2017 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Best Logging Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have recently converted my station control and logging over to the Mac platform. I still have Windows boxes for certain tasks, but for ease of use and trouble-free operation the Mac is the way to go. I just got tired of constantly chasing bugs with Windows and HRD. I am running the latest paid version of HRD and Win 10, and it is just "flakey" and unreliable. I am an IT analyst and chase problems all day, so the last thing I want to do is come home to relax and and deal with PC issues. A PC is just a tool like any other and should just work when you need it to. Anyway,I digress...MacLoggerDX is reason enough to switch over to the Mac for your amateur radio logging. It is an elegant program that is intuitive and powerful. It also appears to be bug free and just works when you need it to. Support is also a quick email away if any questions arise. Botton line: Excellent product and support. It is not free or cheap, but in this case you get what you pay for. It also integrates well with MacDoppler, which is also the gold standard for satellite tracking programs.

K1LTJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2017 12:36 Send this review to a friend
The best there is  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using MacloggerDX for a number of years, and I have tried almost all of the PC offerings. MLDX is in an elite class by itself. There must be something it canít handle, but I havenít discovered what that might be in 4 years of use. Rather than write a full and detailed review which would be way too long, I will describe one typical way I might use it.

Step 1 - Locate station to work in DX cluster window and double click on the call. That instantly sets the rig frequency and mode, the amp in turn is moved to the right band if needed, and set memorized antenna tuner settings. My Steppir DB-18e is tuned to frequency, and rotated to point at the selected station. MLDX indicates all info on worked, confirmed, needed by band/mode etc. For entertainment, during the 10 to 30 secs that may take, I can watch my beam swing around to the proper heading on the MLDX map screen.

Step 2 - Make the contact and log it. MLDX instantly gets all QRZ data, logs the qso locally in its database, and sends it to LoTW. So far thatís one double click on a call in the dx cluster window.

There is so much more to the software, and it performs flawlessly. The rig and antenna are connected with simple usb connections. Easy, fast, and feature packed, and it keeps getting better.

KC9NWP Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2017 10:30 Send this review to a friend
Hands down best option for Mac  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hands down best option for Mac (or any OS in my opinion). Easy to use, feature packed, and data is well laid out. -- Really well laid out.

It's so nice to have a modern interface designed with form AND function in mind. Yes, function over form, but if you can have both, why not?

SQLite database means I'm not locked into anything.

Upload to LoTW, eQSL, clublog, qrz, hrdlog is easy or automatic.

Integration with digital applications is well implemented and well documented.

Considering the number of free logging applications, the price gave me pause, but it's been worth every penny.

AD4WX Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2017 10:28 Send this review to a friend
The best logging application on the Mac!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Reading all of the positive reviews of MacLoggerDX on eHam is what convinced me to try it out. After just a few days of trying it and other logging programs, I knew MacLoggerDX was the logging application I would be using and made the purchase.

MacLoggerDX is easy to use and has a lot of features, not just for logging. It does rig and rotor control, DX spotting, awards tracking, schedules, QSL card generator, label maker and lots more.

The support is excellent. Iíve only had a couple of minor issues with MacLoggerDX, Don VE3VRW has been very fast to respond and help me quickly resolve them.

I highly recommend MacLoggerDX, it is a fast, stable and well supported logging application.

SV1DKD Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2017 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best Log Application there is - PERIOD!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've tested about every major logging app there is (both on Windows and MacOS) and have switched to MacLoggerDX for about a year now.

Simply put MacLoggerDX is the best all round Logging Application for the serious DXer. Here are the attributes that just set it apart from the competition:

- Beautiful User Interface, with both a user-friendly modern/hi-tech design, and highly informational interface.

- Easy to Use and extremely SIMPLE to configure. No endless menus, tabs and config options, and no more endless macros/shortcuts to memorize. Unlike other popular logging apps, It's truly simple, yet very powerful and works out of the box! You'll be up & running within seconds (just like any other well-built app for the Mac).

- Beautiful 3D Visualizations (with a full resolution 3D DX Map/Globe), DX cluster spotting, Band Spotting, Award breakdown and so much more (including dx cluster spot notifications, with per band / mode & local / dx filtering, plotting on map etc)

- Full RIG, CW Keyer and Rotor control, extremely easy to integrate with your shack

- Automatic lookups from all the popular Callsign databases (QRZ.com etc)

- Automatic uploads of logged QSOs to LoTW, eQSL, QRZ.com, ClubLog and more, in REAL-TIME

- Automatic confirmations via LoTW, eQSL, QRZ.com and more

- Automatic QSL card generation, build beautiful customized QSLs with a click of a button, people will love them!

- Log integration with other apps such as FLDigi, WSJT-X, Export/Import, Backups & Recovery etc is a breeze

- Automatic DX Spot Notifications - you can track DX cluster spots and even specific callsigns/dxpeditions in real time.

- Automatic Award Progress Tracking - track progress of your DXCC/WAZ/VUCC status and more

- The best support I've ever seen. In an addition to a full comprehensive & continuously updated online manual, the good people at DogPark Software are *extremely helpful, fast and responsive* when you encounter trouble. I've had questions that I've sent during the weekend and late at night, that were answered almost immediately and comprehensively - amazing!

- New features and updates continuously released. This application just get's better and better over time, in fact I can't express my gratitude enough to Don VE3VRW from DogPark Software (the creators of MacLoggerDX), as *EVERY* feature request I have submitted has been implemented! It just doesn't get any better than that.

In short it's the best ham radio buy I've made in my 25 years as a HAM radio operator, and for the serious DXer is a small price to pay for the value that this software package offers.

Congratulations to Don VE3VRW and DogPark Software for this fantastic application!

Buy it and you won't be sorry - Highly Recommended!