Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Electronic Equipment Servicing - WA4GEG Help

Reviews Summary for Electronic Equipment Servicing - WA4GEG
Reviews: 129 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 160~6 meter Yaesu SSB/CW Transceiver Repair
More info: http://www.HamRadioBug.com

You can write your own review of the Electronic Equipment Servicing - WA4GEG.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2019 21:57 Send this review to a friend
radio like new  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent FT1000 MK5 Field to Byron for display repair and a complete check.He found various problems and did repairs.The radio is like new and the receiver matches the IC7610 in performance.He's the best!

KF7UOV Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2019 23:25 Send this review to a friend
FT 1000MP MKV  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
just got my rig back from Byron,he fixed the random scan issue and did some needed upgrades, rig was only gone a month and 2 weeks of that was in shipment, won't hesitate to send to it back to him if the need arises. very happy and satisfied with his work

N7RD Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2018 15:54 Send this review to a friend
MarkV Repairs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had just purchased what Byron called, a super nice but completely vanilla rig just like from the factory. First thing I did was send it to him. I had done my research on these great rigs and knew he was the one to upgrade and fix everything. If you ever have a problem with a FT-1000mp rig don't think twice, just send it off to Byron. The whole time the rig was there he kept me up to date as to what was wrong and what he had done to fix it. I don't believe I've ever had a better experience with getting a radio repaired. I would rate Byron's work as the best for these Yaesu rigs. You won't go wrong that's a fact. Thanks to Byron WA4GEG for making my Yaesu the best for years to come.

K4LMP Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2018 20:34 Send this review to a friend
FT-1000MP Serviced  Time owned: more than 12 months
Byron did a wonderful job on my FT-1000MP. He repaired the power supply, did the LED backlight conversion, made a few other repairs, and did a complete alignment. It works as good as new, and was only out for repair a little over a week.

I am very pleased with his work, he is very professional, and does high quality work. I would send my beloved MP back to him in a heartbeat!

KB9ENI Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2018 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just used Byron and he did a great job. I had a mic issue and he tuned up some other things too. Very satisfied with his service

Mark Muckensturm
KB9ENI

KL7EZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2017 19:32 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT SERVICE – EXCELLENT RESULTS  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Mr. Campbell recently provided exceptional service on two of my FT-1000MP MKV Transceivers. I requested both rigs to have the comprehensive alignment, a backlight LED upgrade kit and I-F sampling buffer board installation (for a pan-adapter connection). The LED addition is crisp and clear. The pan-adapter is an excellent addition to the MKV. Both rigs returned back to me within a few short weeks and working great. He carefully packaged each transceiver and was received at my home in awesome condition. The process was painless as I closely followed his shipping requirements. Byron promptly and thoroughly answered all my questions via email. His fee is also very reasonable. I will not hesitate to send my MKV(s) back to WA4GEG if future service is needed. I definitely recommend Byron’s MKV electronic professional service.

Scott (KL7EZ)

W3ULS Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2017 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Recommend the LED Mod  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used WA4GEG's excellent service several times. The latest was for a used MARK V I recently purchased. It got a new LED display, a key click mod, and a thorough going-over. The rig sounds terrific.

I highly recommend the new LED display. The Mark V's display is now crisp, clear and bright. Better than when it was new.

John, W3ULS

KF4RWA Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2017 07:06 Send this review to a friend
Power iss  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have an FT1000Mp with internal power supply. After pushing the power button the rig can take from five minutes to two hours before it comes on. byron fixed power supply,dsp a-unit board,-9vdc supply,pigtail at the relay board, my contour and N.R stop working he fixed that too, alignment and adjustment to restore full specs the 1000mp work like NEW price was not bad.

W0BKR Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2016 15:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Repair Source!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Won't go into all the details but my Field had experienced a direct lightning strike via the DC power input. When the radio would power ON, all icons, I mean every display icon would illuminate, no receive, no transmit. Picked up another used Field almost right away. Sent the damaged one to Byron, he repaired it! Control board had been damaged that other techs said you might as well trash the radio. Byron works magic. Radio works fine, sounds fine, and I highly recommend him for any FT-1000.

W8CAR Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2016 11:11 Send this review to a friend
excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had lightning damage at my station and thought my 1000MP was a goner. Sent it to Byron for evaluation and he was able to fix it and did an alignment. Total time about 2 weeks including shipping. Good communication via email. I would highly recommend his professional and excellent service to anyone who owns one of these fine radios. Easily a 5+ rating.