Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 769 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KF4NXC Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2019 21:47 Send this review to a friend
    The best  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Incredible software that is intuitive in that it learns and drills you on your deficiencies. John, the developer is a great guy and is so helpful. Passed my General and Extra today with flying colors. Well worth the price, though some have complained about to cost, I think it is an absolute steal.

KJ7BFQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2019 14:20 Send this review to a friend
    Only way I passed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I bought a book and began studying for both my General and Extra exams. When I started the General, the book was good, but i wasn't retaining the information well. After I started HamTestOnline, they began drilling me on the questions, concentrating on areas I had trouble with. When I finally took my exam (1 month study with HamTestOnline) I passed 100%.
    My Extra was even harder. With the book I was really struggling. It explained things well, but i wasn't retaining it. When I started with HTO, they again started working with areas I had trouble with. With both exams, I used both the Study and Practice exams. I finished my Extra test with and 88%

K7VIQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2019 06:23 Send this review to a friend
    Costs but works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I used both HamStudy.org and HamTestOnline.com to pass my exam for Amatuer Extra and feel they both helped.
    I liked HamStudy.org for its simplicity to get me started with its unconfusing interface and more basic answers. HamStudy.org built my confidence to continue forward with getting 79% OVERALL APTITUDE and on there practice test I got 88%. In thanks I contributed by buying a Signal Antenna from their store. I learned a few memory aids there and gained confidence that I continued to use going forward.
    I also used HamTestOnine and here I learned with its more in depth material placing it deeper in my memory for test day. The site has much more going on and has a more complex menu system that I found initially distracting while learning. However as I got more familiar and got used to it I reached 98% and got 90% on their practice test.
    So, using both sites I can say that they both helped me. The former was free, simpler to use, gave me a few memory aids, and built my confidence that I could pass. The latter set the information more deeply with more detailed information and gave me even more confidence that I could not only pass but at a higher percent for a margin. I passed my test at 92% - on Mar 30, 2019.

KX4QP Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2019 00:40 Send this review to a friend
    Three tests in one day, 2x2 call  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I signed up for General only with four weeks until my testing date (no license at that time). Ran through that, signed up for Extra, ran through that, and reviewed both together for a week prior to my exam. Passed all three elements in under an hour and a half, missed four questions total (two on the Technician that I hadn't studied). Not unheard of, I know -- but I'm very happy with the result and my new 2x2 call.

KN4BPX Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2019 20:49 Send this review to a friend
    Invaluable Study Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
    There's not a whole lot that hasn't already been said here, so I'll keep this short.

While HamTestOnline was not the only learning tool that I used for my license tests, it was certainly the most valuable (and flexible, and comprehensive) tool that I think I could have used for my exam prep. Since the proof is in the results:

Technician and General exams both passed on the same day, and on my first attempt.

Amateur Extra exam passed with a score of 98.

I'm no genius, but I did study a lot. HTO made that process about as easy as it could have been.

KD9JTU Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2019 21:54 Send this review to a friend
    Outstanding study guide  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    Lessons are clearly structured by folks that have experience in education and learning theory/practice. Topic areas have plenty of optional detail so you can chase any particular interest into the weeds if you'd like; yet at the same time the regular tract lesson plans are interesting, and well illustrated with graphics where useful. Tracking of your learning process helps to focus on weak areas...a very useful way to review things that are at first difficult. One piece of advice, do take the ARRL site practice exams once you have completed your course of study. HamTestOnline practice exams are the same material, but I did find some phrasing differences from the ARRL site so it is worth while to do both. Of course, on the ARRL site, your answers aren't tracked, so it doesn't help you to identify and then focus on weak areas. Bottom line: Highly recommend HamTestOnline as the go-to for ALL your Ham levels. Worked for me: 100% on General and then the Extra exams, first time!

KF5VPJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2019 22:30 Send this review to a friend
    3 out of 3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Used Hamtestonline for all three exams. They were there when I had questions. Great to get it all done. Thanks John

W2OZB Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2019 15:48 Send this review to a friend
    Can't argue with success  Time owned: more than 12 months
    As new HAM i ran through Tech and general quickly. Then, I took time out and learned CW. returning to the books, I went through the extra portion and passed it. As a "non techie" I can say I could not have doe it without HTO!! TU HTO!

W1BCC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2019 17:52 Send this review to a friend
    Impressed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I was away from the hobby for 50 years and although I love my vintage gear, I struggle with traditional prep methods.

This is one area of the hobby where I welcome the 21st century. Adaptive learning works!
    The advice was spot on: I focused on the "study", and not on learning all 712 questions by pounding away at sample exams.

These people are very responsive. I was confused about an explanation and sent an email note. I received a surprisingly prompt and useful answer along with analysis of my work. It was very encouraging to hear the prediction that if I were to test then, I'd only get a couple of questions wrong.

Having two weeks before my next VEC opportunity (and little faith in my short term memory), I continued to spend an hour or so on study each day.

I breezed through the exam in about 20 minutes, missing 3 questions which I might not have had I worked the math (didn't bother to bring a calculator).

I seems that hams are still the cheapskates I knew back in the day. Yes, I looked at the free on-line sites. I also read the reviews.

Buy it. It's a steal at the price!

KM5DI Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2019 15:26 Send this review to a friend
    This works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This highly interactive study method really works and in my experience was more effective than simply studying from written texts. The positive reviews on exam are not exaggerated. I wish this method existed years ago. If you dedicate a little time to this method it will work.