Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 733 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

N2SLO Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2018 21:27 Send this review to a friend
    Passed General 9/22/18  Time owned: more than 12 months
    This is the only way to study and pass the exam. If you don't take this seriously, you will not pass. I studied the material with the goal to pass the exam, but more importantly to learn the material and hopefully become a better operator. I had purchased this back in 2013, then again in 2015 as I was not serious. The folks extended me an extra year due to a serious family issue which was appreciated. Not only did I pass, but scored a perfect 35/35 on the General exam. Thank you Ham Test on line- not bad for a Finance guy to pass with a perfect score. See you on the HF bands..

N1TIZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2018 15:01 Send this review to a friend
    This is the way to go for sure to pass extra  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This is the way I passed extra in 28 days score 93 at 1 to 2 hrs study a day. No turning pages to hi-light answers in a book, The program learns you! really, and knows where you need to focus on weak areas. Great study tips along the way. It also shows your progress day to day. And the team support people are there for any questions you may have. I would say this is best way to really Learn, and pass the extra exam or tech,or general, 73 de N1TIZ/AE -.-

KI5AOT Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2018 04:14 Send this review to a friend
    A GREAT TEST PREPARATION TOOL  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I was able to pass the Tech and General exam in late June, 2018 with high scores after one month of concentrated study. The Tech and General exams actually seemed easy. I was also able to pass the Extra exam in late August, 2018 with a score of 90 after two months of concentrated study. I used HTO to help understand material as well as study for the tests. I also used eHam exams to help me study and prepare for my Tech, General, and Extra tests, but I felt I really understood more with HTO. I did focus on studying the material until I got stronger in any weak areas. HamTestOnline was worth the cost in time and money in preparing for the tests. Thank you, and Praise God.

KW4ART Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2018 00:49 Send this review to a friend
    Best way to study!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    About a year ago I took the advice of a fellow ham and subscribed to hamtestonline before testing for my Technician and General.
    After a couple of weeks I passed both with great scores!
    Then just a few weeks ago, I began studying the Extra course. Two weeks later I took the exam and passed with a perfect score. I could have never done this without hamtestonline. I highly recommend this program!

W1WIU Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2018 18:30 Send this review to a friend
    Great way to upgrade !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Upgraded from General to Extra in 4 weeks. About 32 hours of study in 45 min. to 1 hour per day blocks.
    I found it best to use the "Study" mode and only start taking the "Practice Exams" about 1 week before you plan on actually taking the VE exam. The Adaptive Learning System developed by John, W1AI, and his staff really works !!
    Jim W1WIU/AE !

W6CCT Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2018 00:57 Send this review to a friend
    Great Study Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    After attempting the Extra upgrade i always felt totally unprepared. Went over the answer books for last three question pools. Then someone mentioned hamtestonline so I tried it. The review process on your weak spots really helped. I spent no more than 40 intermittent hours during the last two months. I did become aware of and took a two day Extra class over two Saturdays. after the second Saturday we took the official exam ans passed it with a great score. I will definitely recommend this course to anyone interested in preparation for the Tech, Gen or Extra tests.

AG6KL Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2018 02:45 Send this review to a friend
    Very well Done  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    Have started getting my license 3 or 4 times in the past. Decided this time to get it done. Found a test site and date near me, about 5 weeks in the future. Started working through the material for the general class, about 30 min a night for about 3 weeks. Getting very high grades on the practice tests. Just on a whim, with two weeks to go, took the extra class practice test and scored 64% without any study time. Spent the last couple of weeks working on the extra class stuff. Took all three tests, missed one question. Thank you Hamtestonline.

KA5DAQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2018 14:53 Send this review to a friend
    Successful enjoyable prep for Extra license  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Became general operator over 40 years ago. When I started looking at preparing for the Extra exam, I realized that many new and exciting things had happened in Ham radio, which I was completely unfamiliar with.
    HamTestOnline is a unique study application with the ability to track what you have learned, where you are weak, and what you have not yet reviewed. The ability to repeat questions that you miss the corrects answers to is what really drills the information in. Not only do you gain understanding of the principles involved, but you learn to recognize the correct answers. The math can be somewhat challenging. The supplied text for the area in question is also usually adequate. I used another handbook for some in depth explanations of things I didn't understand.
    I spent an average of about 90 minutes per day, every day, for 54 days and aced the test the day after finishing my studies. I'm almost 70 years old and am sure others would not need as much time.
    A great learning experience for me. Thanks HamTestOnline!

KG4YUS Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2018 01:55 Send this review to a friend
    Jamb Up!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Spent just shy of 10hrs over the time of about 2 weeks with this program studying for extra. Passed with an 88. Would have been a 90 had I not second guessed myself on a couple of questions and changed my answers. You cannot go wrong here!

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2018 14:50 Send this review to a friend
    Great product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    Although I passed my Extra Class in 1980, I use this program to help want to be Ham operators. It is inexpensive, and explains the topics very well.