Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 756 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KC9OET Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2019 17:59 Send this review to a friend
    hamtest online is great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    hamtest online is a great teaching program i studied using it to pass my extra,exam i passed it getting 49 out of 50 correct,so i would recommend it to anyone that want,s to pass the tech,general,or extra.

KF4FHU Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2019 22:29 Send this review to a friend
    Best study tool ever  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I went into the HamTestOnline thinking it would be like every other certification practice tool. I can assure you this is not just a testing tool, it is a great way to learn the subject matter of Ham Radio. The study mode really keeps track of your strengths and weaknesses. It keeps on you, and does not forget when you log off to take a break. It is the most patient Elmer that there is. Before you know it, you know the information perfectly. I wish HamTestOnline could do such intuitive study drills for the Microsoft Certifications. I went through the EXTRA one month after passing the General. There is no magic. You have to work with it at least 3 hours a day. You can do it! I highly recommend HamTestOnline.

AG7RL Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2019 23:56 Send this review to a friend
    Effective and efficient online learning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    HTO is going the be the best choice for nearly everyone. It includes everything you need to pass. No need for extra books or other training resource. Don't even need to own a radio yet.

• HTO delivers 100% as advertised, and exceeded my personal expectations.
    • I spent 2.5 months preparing using HTO and then passed all three exams on the same day.
    • The adaptive learning is interactive and your readiness is tracked from one day to the next.
    • HTO tells you when you reach a point where you have learned enough to pass the exam.
    • When I took the exams, over 80% of the answers instantly obvious. A bit like how speed reading works.

K5CKX Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2019 02:17 Send this review to a friend
    Very useful test prep system   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I just passed the Extra Exam Saturday after using the Ham test online curriculum and practice test. I feel after using this system that I have a basic working knowledge of the material required for the extra privileges and know how to research and find information I need for basic projects.
    I also used Ham Test Online for my Tech certificate. With both exams beginning passed on the first try. I’m very pleased with the coarse and the way it customized study for my weak areas.

KM6KOQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2019 12:34 Send this review to a friend
    Very Helpul  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Great product!! Much better than the books & manuals. I've tried them but they didn't work for me. With HamTestOnline you get the material and then the associated test questions at a pace you can absorb. So you learn both the information and the test questions as you progress through the program.

I've used HamTestOnline for all 3 of my license exams. Just passed the Extra Exam after studying 1-2 hours a day for 3-4 weeks. Got a 100% on my General exam last year and an 88% on my Extra Exam.

WD5DAW Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2019 13:51 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Was a Ham back in the 70's, decided to get my ticket back. After using ARRL's Tech and General books and getting to General, a VE told me about this program. I was hesitant at first. Then made a login and purchased the Extra guide. After using it a little, found that this is the absolute best way to study for Ham tests hands down!

ANDREWKRAWLS Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2019 15:43 Send this review to a friend
    The Gold Standard in Getting FCC Ham Radio Certified...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I highly recommend prepping for the FCC exams with John and the folks at HamTestOnline. They've got the test preparation down to an exact science. I'm so glad I stumbled on their advertisement before reading the ARRL guides to completion. The HamTestOnline software drills novice to HAM experts on the exact topics they need to know in order to get FCC certified. Oh and let's not forget their customer service is terrific. A simple email and they quickly get back to with strategies to maximize your time or suggest based on your progress when it's time to take the exams. Thanks, John for helping me get certified. I'm forever grateful. -Andrew K. Rawls KN4RJB

K1FNX Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2018 12:33 Send this review to a friend
    worked for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    1'st licensed in 1963, last test I took was General in 1965. Never needed anything more. Just back on low bands as last log entry was June 1978 and became frustrated by General band restrictions. I purchased the ARRL Extra Study guide which is a very complete document and a great reference but wasn't what I was looking for in quest for Extra. An Extra friend suggested Hamtestonline. I put in 21 hours of study and passed the exam with a 96% score. Purchased course on 11-21-2018 and passed test on 12-13-2018. To be fair I am a retired working design EE so all the electronics topics required minimum study time but I am 71 years old and retaining all the other information required study and repetition which HTON did for me quite nicely. I also took 15 practice exams on QRZ (to see all 715 possible questions) and backed up various topic material with the ARRL guide. This was probably overkill, but I did score 96%!

This is a good way to get your ticket and get on the air where you will gain working knowledge beyond recalling the answers to captive questions.

MP, K1FNX

K2ADA Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2018 17:24 Send this review to a friend
    It WORKS!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Signed up for the service while prepping for the Extra Exam. 19 hrs of study and passed the test! Great Service, nice responsive site. Highly Recommend!

Andy K2ADA 63 yrs old

AG7RE Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2018 05:51 Send this review to a friend
    Just Do It! In 1 to 3 months you will have your Extra License!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    When I began at #7872 or whatever the number was, I knew I would never make the top ten list. I wanted to just pass the Technician test “at all” so I could get my start.

After using HTO for 3 weeks and reading about others doing the three test I realized I was wasting my time by not including the other two. Never in my wildest imaginings did I consider also making it to number one.

12-8-18 I made it to first place in the top 10 on HamTestOnline. Now here I am with two more days to study for the triple test. There is no pressure at all.

12-10-18 9:00 pm I passed all three tests. The first examiner grading my test kept saying "This is wrong, this is just completely wrong, This is crazy." The other examiners were looking over his shoulder because he was not making any red marks. Finally, he did mark two wrong and with a big grin said, "I was beginning to think you were not human." Another said "We don't get many who take all three tests at the same time. It took me 50 years to go from Technician to Extra and you have done it in 50 minutes!" If the VEs and I were 45 years younger, they would have been throwing me up in the air.

They started each person one at a time taking a test. I was toward the last to start my first test. I was trying to go as fast as I could, so I wouldn't be keeping everyone late. There was no time to re-check my answers. Those who had passed their tests began to talk with excitement. It was distracting. But that is real life. HTO had me prepared for that. I was completely calm and confident taking the test because it was just like studying with the normal distractions at home. Studying at home I had already got many questions wrong and then had to answer them many more times to get it right. And HTO has patiently explained to me exactly why each distractor is the wrong choice.

In the three test versions I took tonight there were NO calculations or references to circuits or graphics. And too bad because I am good with those.

Having studied for so many hours with HTO those few questions on the actual exam form made the test seem way too easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to take each test. It takes longer to wait your turn to start the test and to wait for your test to be scored and recorded.

12-11-18 At 7:00 am this morning the FCC posted AG7RE as my call sign. That was REALLY fast. 10 hours!
    12-12-18 I am now a Laurel Volunteer Examiner.

If you don’t have your Amateur Extra License you have to start now. Don’t stop at Technician or General. With HamTestOnline it is so easy to go all the way that you are crazy not to just go for it. You can also make it to the Top 10 Scores list. Don’t think the guys at the top can block you. That is not the way it works. You can even make it to first place. I did it and I am not going to just hang out forever at #1 because it is not about me it is about you getting here.
    The next two months are going to pass whether you do this or not. If you do you will have your amateur Extra License!
    D. Evans AG7RE