Reviews Categories | Ham Software/Apps - Other than logging | Ham Radio Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Deluxe
Ham Radio Deluxe Reviews: 466 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Control software for a variety of radios.
More info: http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Deluxe.

NN4U Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2019 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Gold standard in integration and support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ham Radio Deluxe, v6.4.0.907 was released in November, 2018. By coincidence, I purchased it a few weeks later. But before I say why, here are my biases: I wrote simple Ham Radio programs in the 1980s doing business as Ham Data Co., when we were all using paper logs and eyeing our Commodore 64 or Radio Shack TRS-80, thinking ďWhy arenít you helping?Ē And Iím new to todayís Amateur Radio, having just returned from a 30-year absence. So things that most of you are familiar with, like DX Clusters, PSK, external sound cards, software defined radio and the last few years of free logging software, were all new to me in October, 2018.

With that said, Iíll share that Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) software was one several companies I reached out to. One of them, who asks for consideration because they have other ďrealĒ jobs, never responded. Other excellent options either focus on a niche or donít offer the level of integration I want.

As you may know, HRD is a collection of five programs that share information, so the user doesnít have to. HRD integrates logging, rig control, satellite tracking, mastering anything digital with their DM-780 module, and rotator control. (And they support a long list of radios.) The level of HRD integration is unique. Some examples include: If my cursor is on a callsign and I press the QRZ.com radio button, the website pops-up with that callsign already located. Uploading to LoTW, which would otherwise be a process, is a single button push in HRD. Or, one can scan the list of DX clusters and see whether youíve worked them, need them on that band or received confirmation from that callsign or country. The awards section is worth a complimentary review of its own. And if that werenít enough, one can double click on that same DX cluster entry and, through integration, HRD will tune the rig to that frequency and mode, rotate the antenna and allow you to auto-populate several log fields if you make contact, including an entry on how best to QSL. Canít do that with Microsoft Office!

But the icing on the cake is the excellent support offered by the fulltime HRD team. My gold standards for support have been my Credit Union, our CPA, Norton Security and Amazon. Our CPA is the only one who comes close to the level of technical support offered by HRD, but she costs more and sheís paid on a subscription basis. Iíve been impressed by receiving email responses from HRD support tickets in less than 24 hours. And, given my steep learning curve, Iíve appreciated the option to pick up the phone and call HRDís helpdesk. But, today, I was blown away at HRDís offer to schedule a session for them to remotely log onto my computer and settle the details of synchronizing the external sound card with Windows, my USB device and the rig.
As you can tell, Iím an HRD fan, but theyíve earned it, the old fashioned way. 73, Chip, NN4U

AJ7G Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2018 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Great customer service and great mu;ti-function progra!m  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needed some help setting up the program. Called HRD and was immediately transferred to Kevin, KC7FPF, who subsequently went to work and solved the problem. Great service and thanks Kevin!

Randy AJ7G

G7OXK Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2018 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Fine multi-function program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Many years ago I tried HRDL and did not find it of much use. However in January 2018 I decided to try it again and was so pleased with the program I paid for it once the free trial was over and for the past 10 months I have it running every time I operate. It interacts with my IC7300 and IC 71000 rigs.
One advantage of operating my IC7300 from the computer using Ham Radio De Luxe is no wear on the controls on the rig, so the rig stays looking like new (no messy fingers) so keeps its value better.
The latest updates with HRDL are excellent and the Logbook is the best I have found so far for general logging.
Working FT8 using the program from WSJT which runs through HRDL, if you have the logging set up on HRDL once you have ended a QSO on FT8 it will log the contact into HRDL's log and HRDL will check the call on QRZ.com and or other call data bases and fill in the operators name, QTH, distance. frequency, report, etc.It is fun watching the log appear with all the details filled in.
Also when logging a CW or phone contact just click on ADD in the logging program and it can instantly look up the call on QRZ and others, and also in your log book to see if and when when you last had QSO with that station.
I have not had to use their customer service as I have managed to get everything up and running myself.
I have also used HRDL's inbuilt data program Digital Master 780 (DM780) and tried it using Olivia and PSK modes both of which worked perfectly.
There are lots of other functions in HRDL that I have yet to use and try, but it is worth buying the program for the rig control and the excellent log book alone.
I have it installed on two computers one in the shack and also on a PC in my home as I sometimes like to make updates to the log book from the comfort of my desk indoors. You a can install HRDL on more than one PC if you want to at no extra cost.
I recommend this product.
John G7OXK

N2QLQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2018 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Produce..excellent customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started with the free version, and now am using the paid one. Not only is it full featured (there are some I dont use like rotator control), but the customer service is excellent. I had to replace my computer and was having problems with the logbook. It could not be resolved via email, so Ferry logged in with Teamviewer (another great product..you can operate remotely using it), and had me up and running again in 15 minutes. Well worth the $100.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2018 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second review...

For 100 (USD), you really can't beat it...During these times, (Band condition is the tank), the digital modes is a good way to make DX contacts. Having a suite of digital modes to choose from is truly amazing. For example, Olivia what a digital mode, (-13db below the noise floor, and have a QSO), if conditions are better there are many various digital mode one can choose from. About the support it was good for me, but realize there are zillion of combinations and many different HF transceivers. Bottom line, it takes effort from the Ham operator, and with the instant gratification mode, this is challenging situation for all parties concerned.

In summary, one can not expect a better product for 100 (USD) than HRD/DM780

K2KA Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2018 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Great program and support  Time owned: more than 12 months
This program is the ultimate logging, rig control, digi mode software. Their tech support is fantastic. Especially Ferry PD9FER. Well worth the $99. Tech support $49 per year after.

W5RRP Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2018 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Superb customer support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used HRD for years. Yes, it is complicated (especially for this ďold phart.Ē But I must tell you that the help and support I have received from the HRD staff has gone above and beyond anything I ever expected. They have even given me great advice about computer issues that were not related to HRD problems. When I deal with HRD support I always feel like I a dealing really smart friends.

KJ3LR Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2018 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Flawless  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The best all around Ham Radio software out there!
Customer service is Tops too. Well worth the bucks.

N2OGK Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2018 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
This product is by far the best Logging software I have used in my 25 years. After resolving my customer service issues with the company I have changed my review to give them the 5 which the product deserves.

KA7RAI Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2018 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Look no further... This is it.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've tested all the free and donate applications out there some so-so and some just never really preformed. Then I bit the bullet and bought Ham Radio Deluxe. There's no comparison, This program just flat does what it says it will do and then some. And the support... Better than anything I've ever seen. I got a reply back at 2AM from Ferry, he was very helpful and I was amazed at the time of day he answered my question. If you want a Ham program buy this and don't bother wasting any time on the others.