Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna
Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna Reviews: 58 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: 15" long, male SMA connector, flexible dual-band antenna for handheld transceivers. 1/4 wave on 2 meters, 2.15 dbi gain on 70 cm (Mfgr claim).

You can write your own review of the Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna.

KJ4KKI Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2019 04:47 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic HT Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I upgraded my stock duck to this antenna when I first bought my FT-60 back around 2009. It performs very good, and is a sturdy antenna. I still keep my original antenna handy, such as when I'm going in stores, etc. Around town, it hits repeaters for the most part. But, it is out-performed by the Diamond antenna by quite a bit.

I participated in a bicycle rally, acting as the roving check-in. While most of the time involved using a 50 watt mobile on very hilly terrain, there were a few times when we were stopped and I was out of the car. I easily hit a repeater about 15-20 miles away (I know...line of sight), but I have had really good luck with repeaters in other areas.

The antenna works well for scanner use, provided the agencies don't go digital. All in all, this antenna would make an excellent addition to your radio equipment. It is very durable, having withstood several instances of "accidents".

A couple of people complained on other sites that they had to shop around for a gasket, so you couldn't see where it screwed on the radio. They were quite upset. Really?

WX2WMU Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2018 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Good on FT-2DR  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is an excellent antenna. I notice the gain on 440 especially and even a bit on 2-meters. I recommend very highly for any Dual-Band radio with an SMA connection.

N4DJT Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2017 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Upgrade...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is well built. it's much better than the comet I was using and 100 times better than stock on my little baofeng 8 watter.
I can now easily hit all my local repeaters from inside my house.
It does make these little HT's a little top heavy. but it is a beefy antenna, can live with that.
I will be getting another for my 4 watt HT.

K7AEL Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2017 18:08 Send this review to a friend
I was a bit cautious but...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the mixed reviews on here, I was very cautious about getting this antenna, but the guy over at HRO assured me I'd be happy I had it. This antenna replaced my SRH519 after I discovered that just because I can open a repeater does not mean that I can be heard. There are several repeaters near me on very high mountaintops and I could routinely hit a repeater 35 miles away with the SRH519, but it was always reported that I had a very noisy signal. It has been amazing the number of people that think I've got a brand new radio. I've had great reports of outstanding signal coming through the repeater. I'm also hitting repeaters that were only reachable when I had the mobile antenna in the car hooked up to my radio. I will be taking this antenna on its first tour at a public service even that is way out in the sticks where I know hitting the repeater with an HT is hit or miss, I'm looking forward to really putting it through its paces. For now, I think it's better than advertised- I'll change the rating if anything happens that causes me to change my mind about the antenna. As has been mentioned elsewhere on the reviews of this antenna, it is a behemoth! It is not fun to carry on your belt, but it is not impossible. As soon as I get a good mobile that is crossband repeater capable, the 519 goes back on. And even then, this antenna will see the light of day when I've got only an HT to work with.

W7TKX Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2016 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Up Date  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I want to up date a review of the Diamond SRH77CA. I wrote a critical review on Nov 22, 2016. I have and use Diamond products, they are good quality and perform well. After thinking about the antenna and my positive experience Diamond products, I took the antenna back to the store and asked “what’s up?” The antenna was in fact faulty, I was given a new antenna and it works very well. My apologies for the bad review.

VE6ICE Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2016 19:59 Send this review to a friend
VSWR Test results  Time owned: more than 12 months
Always had good results with this antenna. The tests were done on a Rohde & Schwarz ZVH8 Antenna tester using an N Male-to-SMA Female adapter. No doubt the adapter introduces some reflection, so actual performance will be slightly better than reported here. Also see my review of the Diamond SRH320A for comparison, as those tests were done with the same test setup on the same day.

Diamond SRH77CA 2m/70cm (Yellow Bag) Genuine
============================================
VSWR = 1:2.6/1:2.4/1:2.1 @ 144/146/148MHz
VSWR = 1:3.0/1:1.7/1:1.2 @ 420/435/450MHz

Minimum peaks in VSWR:
========================
1:1.5/1:1.1 @ 161/447MHz

So performs as advertised I would say.

14FRS1548 Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2016 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice product !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello,
I receive this antenna 4 days ago and i use it on my FT1DE on 446 MHz.
All reports give a +6dB to a +12dB gain over the stock antenna. Thanks Diamond...
73 to all and HNY !
Philippe

KD2AFY Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2015 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Big improvement on FT1DR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna showed a big improvement over the stock rubber duck on my fr1dr. The stock antenna is just plain awful. Yes 15 inches is too long to carry on my.belt, but that's not a big deal to me.

KC2LOG Rating: 2/5 Apr 3, 2014 17:53 Send this review to a friend
No center contact on my rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this great little antenna for better receive and transmit. On my XTS 5000, it does not have center contact and will not transmit. Looks to be well made but just does not work as my other aftermarket antennas. Check your applications before buying. Will have to get a different style adaptor/antenna.

KG5AEN Rating: 0/5 Mar 4, 2014 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Overall not a good antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this for an upgrade on my ICOM ID-51A. Not only was the reception not any better than the stock rubber ducky antenna, the antenna wouldn't even screw all the way down on my SMA mount. Stood off the base about 1/4". I wouldn't recommend this antenna to anyone.

Look elsewhere. I ended up sending it back and getting a Comet SMA-24. Which is exceptionally good. Another review for that antenna.