Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Geotool Pickup Truck Stake Pocket Antenna Mounts Help

Reviews Summary for Geotool Pickup Truck Stake Pocket Antenna Mounts
Geotool Pickup Truck Stake Pocket Antenna Mounts Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $64.95
Description: PICKUP-TRUCK ANTENNA MOUNTS!!
FOR VEHICLES WITH STAKE POCKETS!

DESIGNED BY A GEOLOGIST/HAM RADIO OPERATOR

STRONG ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND OFF-ROAD CONDITIONS
The antenna mount design so unique
it has been awarded a patent!

Our heavy duty PICKUP-TRUCK ANTENNA MOUNTS were developed to provide AMATEUR, CB, and COMMERCIAL radio operators with a very strong, easily installed antenna mount for several types of antennas.
Off-road driving puts a significant strain on light-weight antenna mounts currently being sold. Relatively strong "ball" mounts require drilling 3 holes in the body of your vehicle. However, these permanently damage your exposed sheet metal, and can eventually cause fatigue of the body panel. GeoTool Antenna Mounts take advantage of the extra strength of the stake pocket holes, which are designed to handle large racks for transporting equipment and materials. Our mounts are inserted into the stake pocket, and anchored to the bottom of the stake pocket by a 9/16" bolt. GeoTool mounts will endure rugged off road conditions, and will easily cope with modern freeway and turnpike driving.
More info: http://www.geotool.com/antmount.htm

You can write your own review of the Geotool Pickup Truck Stake Pocket Antenna Mounts.

KO4NR Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2019 00:45 Send this review to a friend
Great craftmanship!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Can't be beat for an excellent stake hole mount for a pickup. I helped my friend, KA1FUE, install one in his 2006 Ford F-350 for a Yaesu 120A screwdriver antenna. Worked like a charm.

The machining was top notch with no machine marks to be found. The SO-239 VHF connector was a work of art.

Rick (WA6JKH) at Geotool has resumed production of these mounts. That was great news to my buddy and I. Rick is still updating his web site and gearing back up so be patient when contacting him. He will get back to you as this is not his day job.

Installation instructions included with the mount are excellent with lots of diagrams and pictures.

Bill KO4NR

W9GF Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2012 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic! Just installed on my 2012 Chevrolet Silverado  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a fantastic mount! Originally purchased it for my 2010 Silverado but I traded the truck before I had a chance to install my HF gear. Over the weekend my son and I installed this mount in my new 2012 Silverado (in the drivers side - rear stake pocket). Installation was very easy and instructions were very clear and easy to understand. I installed the Little Tarheel II and my ICOM 7000 and couldn't be more pleased!

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2011 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Perfect solution  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The best mount out there I could find. Bought a ISM-1 and VHF-1 in May 2011. Just use proper grounding and bonding and you'll have an excellent mobile system.

W4KPA Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2009 08:09 Send this review to a friend
A glowing after-action report  Time owned: more than 12 months
I call this an after-action report, because I took the mount off of my pick up yesterday, so I can sell the truck. I had it on there for nine years, and it gave me excellent service every day. It cleaned up as shiny and nice as when I bought it, and when I replace the truck, this will go on it as soon as possible. It's a great mount.

K4GST Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2008 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Will last longer than your truck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Superb design? Check.
Massively strong? Check.
Wonderful documentation with color photos? Check.

Yes, you will pay over $80 to get this mount delivered to your door. No, I can't think of a stronger or better looking way to mount an antenna on a pickup.

K4QXX Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2007 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Strong mount  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed two of these mounts on my 2005 Dodge 1500. The mounts were a bit of a pain to install (because of the truck, not the mount) but once installed, they work and look great. I have gotten many compliments on the "clean" looking installation. The mounts are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. The customer service was great as well.

Burch
K4QXX

K4GUN Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2007 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Add me to the list  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed two of these on a 2007 Toyota Tundra. Not only are they well made and very stable, but the direct service is outstanding. Toyota just changed the dimensions on the stake pocket for the 2007 so I called to talk about it. Rick was unaware of the new dimentions so he stopped by his local dealership to check it out for himself. He sent me the correct mounts (turns out its the same as the Ford mount) and had them to me very quickly.

Great product, great service and I wish Rick all the best.

W6FCS Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2007 12:39 Send this review to a friend
This is a great mount!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed on a 2001 Toyota Tundra with a tarheel Ant. I made all the connections to the mount 1st. Then strung the coax with connector thru the large hole and into the cab. Then dropped the mount into the pocket, screwed in the bottom bolt, and added the shim to firm up the mount. Connected the coax connector to the TS-480SAT, and screwed in the tarheel, and we are on the air. Ran over all the rough roads I could find and mount is solid. This is the only way to go.

W7UV Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2007 14:11 Send this review to a friend
It's Great!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I installed the HF on the Port side of my F-250 and the VHF with SO-239 on Starboard. They both work great! They look like a Million Bucks and are by far the strongest and most attractive mobile mounts I've ever used in over 30 years of hamming... Highly Recommended!

WB5NMZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2006 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding mount!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought mine to mount a hamstick on my 2006 Ford F-150. Mount was easy to install and looks rugged enough to tow a boat! I really like the way it gets the antenna clear of the truck body, too. High quality workmanship evidenced throughout and the company owner will work with you to ensure you get exactly the right product for your application. If you're planning on adding an HF antenna to your truck, this is the way to go.