Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | OM Power OM2500HF Help

Reviews Summary for OM Power OM2500HF
OM Power OM2500HF Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $now 3328: later 4397
Description: 2500 W output in CW and SSB, 2000 W out in RTTY, AM,FM and digital modes. 40 to 60 W drive for full 2,5 KW.
More info: http://www.om-power.com

You can write your own review of the OM Power OM2500HF.

F5VHJ Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2018 11:44 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this amplifier for 11 years. It has been used in many contests by different operators.
Only one problem and a new circuit board was shipped without cost. Service (OM3RM) is outstanding. Very good investment especially now with new final tubes (FU-728F) that are not as expensive to replace compared to the original final tubes. Lots of output that is reliable. What more could you ask for?

N2ETJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2018 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Buy Me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
First amp was Heath Kit SB220, a great amp for the money . A few years later I got toe bug for a new amp so purchased an Alpha 91b, another good amp but got bug again so upgraded to an Alpha 99. 8100 was next then a 8410 and then a 9500. The 9500 had a major melt down and needed to get another amp so OMPower was suggested to me from a friend. I am so glad he recommended tha OMPower. A real beast, easy to tune and clean as a whistle . Array Soulutions was great to deal with ... thanks Jay If you are looking for a high power amp look no further.....

WZ4I Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2018 07:46 Send this review to a friend
Top Shelf   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the OM2500HF to replace an Emtron DX-2SP (great amp) that I recently sold. Ordered through Array Solutions (Jim and the crew there are great). Very reasonable time from order to receipt of amp. Amp was packaged extremely well, and received with no damage. Shipping was via DHL.

Build quality is second to none. Controls feel heavy duty. Cabinet finish and labeling is nice. The LED tuning display is similar to my previous amp, and it's very easy to understand the tuning parameters. Has 2 230/240 VAC inputs, which I'm running single phase, on 2 outlets. Amp came with the power cables with 20 amp plugs.

A tuning chart is supplied that will get you in the ballpark for tuning. Tuning procedure is like other tetrode amps. Has several protection circuits that should prevent mis-tuning procedures. Amp produces output levels as advertised on all bands. Will easily exceed 2500W out into a dummy load. No reports of any signal distortion on any band.

One feature that would be nice is a 2 step, temperature controlled blower/fan circuit, similar to what the Emtron amps used.

K2FW Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2017 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Amp!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Last summer I was looking for a new Amp after my old Amp was constantly giving me problems. I looked around online and made phone calls & even spoke with other Ham Operators via email. After all of this I settled on the OM-2500HF. I'm glad I did,since it's been nothing but tremendous over the last year of operation. The Amp works on every band from 160 meters to 10 meters & takes very little drive to achieve legal limit output. It's super easy to tune & only takes a few seconds. And the service & communications from Jay & Jim at Array Solutions is top notch. I couldn't have asked for better information & service then what I received from them. They're a credit to the hobby!
So thanks to Array Solutions & to OM-Power for delivering a FB product.

F5LTB Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2016 12:04 Send this review to a friend
New ceramic tetrode  Time owned: more than 12 months
Updated review.
When leaving A65 to France for retirement I sold my 2500HF to a local A61, still using it with full satisfaction. As I'm planning to buy a new amp, I was thinking to reconsider my choice when I saw the use of the Chinese FU-728F ceramic tetrode who is bit away from the Svletana GU84B specs ! A GU84B is able to work up to 20 minutes, full charge without cooling before be destroyed and much more (The owners of GU84B knows) and these spec are quite unique.
But today, to find a good GU84B is a challenge, because they are out of production, very expensive and unfortunately, few of them respond to the original specs. Tibi, OM3RM, knows in order to maintain as long as possible the high class of the OM2500, the new tetrode must be at the same level of quality to give full satisfaction and I'm fully confident it will.
Actually I'm testing a smaller German amp, with an Svletana GU43B and I will share my comments on eHam on a later stage. But if I decided to increase again my power, for sure the OM2500 would be my 1st choice.
73's de Philippe F5LTB

DD2CW Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2013 03:41 Send this review to a friend
Great power  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello,
just returning from the Clipperton expedition TX5K were we have used also two OM-2500HF amps and two OM-2000HF amps-
They have running FULL power for about 10 days 24 hours a day with temp aroun 50dgr Celsius or 120 degr F-
The other pas showing a lot of problems with this temp even at low power,so for me the OM-POWER is the best Power that you can buy on the market.
Thanks to the OM-POWERTEAM for your great Power.
dd2cw

IT9TJH Rating: 2/5 Oct 31, 2010 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Cheap @ HI price  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 18 months of use I can write nothing that "it not worth the money!"

deficiencies:
-NO vacuum relay (on qsk cw it seems that you are a Tip Tap dancer)

-Very noisy fan (I think that a 2 step fan is a MUST)

-NO 6:1 ratio knob

-SWR protection does not works well (I can tx with 5 of swr on 160m)

-2 Phases line is not easy for everyone

-HT primary voltage is not selectable, you CANT select 220 to 230 or 240v

-24/28 & 18/21 band switch, not a good thing on his price class!

-HT meter works at end of scale 3kv

never again

F5LTB Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2010 23:55 Send this review to a friend
1st class Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
S/N 0735, I ordered it in May 2007 from the factory when in Congo, 9Q1TB, 2003-2008, and thanks to Tibi for the fast shipment in a strong wooden crate. I'm still using it today at my location in UAE, A65BI, 2009 - 2012 ?
Under 2x240v phases it handle up to 3K easily on my Bird testing equipment. Never any problem, quiet, easy to tune, very fast response in case of any mistuning. Profesionnal build amp, it simplicity make it work full charge for longlasting period if needed without any stress. As I'm playing exclusively qrp/qrpp on cw with my K3, I've not tested if the internal relays can support qsk and may be I would prefer vacuums ones for that purpose.
The OM3500 was already on the market when I ordered my OM2500 and it was not a price issue but the choice for the OM2500 was the tetrode because the GU84B has many technical advantages, longer life time warranty, can be fixed on any position, 30' full charge without cooling before be destroyed, etc...
But when I've recently watched the SV9CVY video on the OM3500 Automatic, I'm bluffed ! Really impressive and still the same professional buiding. Great job from OM Power !
I will not sold my OM2500 as it fit most of my expectations but I will consider the OM3500A for low band playing when back to France for my retirement.
Anyway for those who wants the best value for money Amp, no better choice than an OM2500HF.
73's
Philippe

DJ0ABR Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2010 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Dream Machine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this amp opens the world. I used an Ameritron 811H before, which was a nice machine, but was overloaded at maximum legal power.
The OM2500HF has so much reserves on all bands and makes a crystal clear and powerful signal.
With this perfect amp I am ready for the upcoming solar cycle.
Thanks to Tibi for the good support and the very fast delivery during the ham fest.

PY4BZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2009 19:11 Send this review to a friend
Dx machine  Time owned: more than 12 months
These days I was thinking of a word to try to define the quality of om 2500, but after a long time I realized that I have no capacity to try to put into words the quality and technology involved in the OM 2500 the only thing I can do is thank Tibi.now I'll dream a little louder and I leave for OM 3500.And remember this amplifier power over 2000w, so be prepared cable and antenna to support this power.sorry for the English and I hope they understand the text.