Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1010 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 1010
ACOM 1010 Reviews: 69 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $2340 USD
Description: KW 160 - 10 m PA, 700 W PEP

Jan 2007 Note - Vine Antennas, UK agents for ACOM, have advised that their ACOM 1010 amplifiers now have a fan- noise reduction modification that reduces fan noise considerably whilst maintaing sufficient cooling of the amplifier tube

More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1010.

G7JZD Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2018 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Great little Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just had this Amplifier for 1 Year now, and all i can say is it is a Great Amplifier, it does all it should do, and if you make a mistake it shuts down. It is very easy to use and just strolls along very easy at 400 watts our UK limit. Does send out 700 watt easily into my dummy load, very quiet in use. Would i buy one again, i sure would, but don't think i will need too, it is a solid build job.

MIKE G7JZD

KY6R Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2018 03:15 Send this review to a friend
Super Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I previously had an ACOM 1500 and loved it. After making all my DXCC goals - I wanted less power, smaller form factor, but still a tube amp. Solid State amps with auto tuners spook me if and when something goes wrong at the antenna. Tube amps still seem more forgiving to me.

ACOM's TRI tuning is easily my favorite. I like to know firsthand if the antenna and power amp have any issues - so I prefer having my hands on the dials. With the TRI tuning, and the fact you do not need a tuner if your SWR is 3:1 or less, I can tune in seconds and know with confidence that I'm ready for the pileups.

AB7OY Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2018 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Looks great, works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the 1st amplifier I have ever used. I downloaded the manual before I received the amp and read it through. When I got the amp I hooked everything up and was operating within minutes. It operates smoothly and quietly at all power settings with no strain, but a satisfying amount of gain as is reported on the other end. I have keyed the amp a few times when things were not set right and it simply goes into standby mode. The tri tune feature is exceptionally easy to tune. Highly recommended!

ON5HB Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2017 04:17 Send this review to a friend
Solid performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I drive this amp with a TS-590S and it easily outputs 800W.
Nothing bad to say about this amp apart that it takes long to warm up.
I would buy another Acom any day.

AD0GW Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2017 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using for one week I can say that it meets all of my expectations. Tuning is way easy.

I originally wired it for 120V, but after a couple of days I switched it back to 230V. Switching operating voltage requires soldering jumpers. There are many options for voltage settings, which could lead to confusion, but the documentation was sufficient to figure it out.

G7JZD Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2017 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Great Amplifier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just had the Acom 1010 Amplifier for three days now. Simple to set up, and simple to use.Most of the recommended settings are very close, just made a crib sheet of the exact settings so i can go back to them quickly.
Will write another review in a few weeks, but a very happy Man with this purchase.
G7JZD

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2017 21:31 Send this review to a friend
SWEET!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Only been using it since tuesday, been many years since I used a tube amp, guess i didn't forget as much as I thought I did. 750w most bands, It will do more but want it to last, am using it on 160m and 75m most of the time the guys I talk to on
160m say its not as load as the ALS 1300 700 vers 1200 watts, but it 2 S units up on my Kenwood TS990 at full output, so its doing what it should be doing. I run it through a tuner, the ACOM is seeing a 1 to 1 match, the amp is very quite an heat that comes out of it is just slightly worm, going to give it a 5 right off the batt. The extra tuning is not a big deal when using a Palstar Auto- tuner, this AMP is backup for me till I get the ALS1300 back from the factory...................73s.............kb6hrt

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2017 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Acom 1010 is a superb medium powered amplifier that will easily produce 700 watts.The build quality is excellent along with the finish so looks great on any shack bench and the single russian ceramic GU-74B tetrode is cheap to replace should you ever need to,I did the fan mod jumpering-out resistor R35A for slightly more fan noise and much better cooling which i prefer.Tuning is so easy and takes seconds with my pre set cheat sheet.I paid 1200 for the Acom 1010 new and now they sell for 1695 just over a year later (Brexit bandwagon or pure greed not sure which) so a huge price increase. Still a lovely designed amplifier that works very well and like all the other Acom products very reliable.I use it Daily with no faults or issues.

DB3GF Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2017 00:27 Send this review to a friend
and DURABLE  Time owned: more than 12 months
...see my first reviews from 2009 and 2011; this black box drives my antenna now for more than seven yrs in SSB, CW and PSK31 w/out any trouble and it's first tube - and I'm still happy w/ this EXCELLENT DX tool. 750 Watts are the legal limit at Germany, so it's fine over here. Overall rating: OUTSTANDING

LA9JFA Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2016 01:46 Send this review to a friend
Great AMP  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got my ACOM 1010 two years ago and used it a lot.
Its a great amp easy, safe and fast to operate.
With 50 60 watt input it works smooth and calm with 500 - 600 watt output.
I used the amp with 80 meter loop antenna, CushCraft R6000 and 9,92 meter homebrewed vertical and it works fabulous with all of them. Enough to get through pilups.

Here you are protected at all mats. Almost impossible to make mistakes and it goes into distress immediately if you make mistakes.
If you drive 100 watts input you may of course break the tube. Some hams have done that thoughtless.
Recommendation; Read the manual.