Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners/Matching Networks | Dentron Jr. Monitor Help

Reviews Summary for Dentron Jr. Monitor
Dentron Jr. Monitor Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $79.00
Description: Antenna tuner, mobile?

You can write your own review of the Dentron Jr. Monitor.

NE0P Rating: 4/5 Mar 8, 2006 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Good basic tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had one of these for a little while in the mid 1990s. Tuned up things ok, but I never could figure out how to read the reflected power meter that came built into it. I don't think it had an antenna switch on it, but I could be wrong.

KG4HUP Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2006 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this little jewel for about 5 years an use it out camping an have it mounted in my Honda CRV for mobile use. I captured mine for about $40 bucks an will most likely have for several more years. Really works great an is very small so you have more room for more radio gear. If you find one get it, you will like it. Thanks Tom KG4HUP

SANBORN_EX_AD9DX Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2005 12:53 Send this review to a friend
The Mouse that Roared  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have enjoyed my Dentron Jr. tuner for several years, it's what I take with me when I go camping and have used it to tune my IC-706IIG into a 1/4 wave wire slung into the canopy of trees overhead.

It seems to be able to tune everything hooked to it.

Acts like my Dentron MT-3000 with regard to tuning procedure.

One trip to a No.Cal campsite, wire thrown into the trees overhead, received a '25-over-9' signal report from W6OBB in Pahrump,Nv utilizing this diminutive but smooth-as-silk tuner behind my 100w FT-100D.

I've also successfully run 450w pep after tuning with 50w through the Jr.

I have the specs and paperwork but won't share it with someone only giving a '3' to a '5' tuner!

The only drawback I've found is the relative meter reads too low on some bands and too high on others, I use the swr meter in the rig for tuning.

Just a great and solid little tuner! 73

W4KPA Rating: 4/5 Oct 16, 2004 06:57 Send this review to a friend
26 years and counting  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these 26 years ago, and its still in daily use. I've used it portable, mobile, and fixed in all kinds of situations and for all kinds of antennas. They work great, and obviously, they last.

WK0F Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2004 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
You can find these little guys in classifieds for not much more than $30. In my opinion, they are built like a tank and are easy to use. The RF meter is worthless though.
To the SV station below, I can scan my manual if you still need one. I'm on qrz.com
WK0F

N8AUC Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2004 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Oldie but goldie  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for 26 years now. Bought it brand new when I was a novice, original price was $79. It is probably best $79 I ever spent in ham radio. Lately, this only gets rolled out and used on Field Day.

I think the max power rating for this little guy is 300w. Should be plenty for a 100w rig. I've never run more than 100w through mine, and it has performed flawlessly.

If you can buy one in good shape, grab it. You won't be sorry.

73 de N8AUC
Eric

SV1ENG Rating: 3/5 Sep 28, 2004 07:50 Send this review to a friend
good for the price, very good construction quality.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I gave $50 including the shiping/handling from USA to my home, so the rating should be higher, only 1 antenna out, can't be better, very small! readings on it:no need for an additional bridge, I wrote this review to ask for a copy of the manual as I don't find it in the web, I think that I will come back with a better rating! It is not a MFJ, it looks much better. Please contact me for the manual via e-mail.