Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | TE Systems 1454G 2 Meter Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for TE Systems 1454G 2 Meter Amplifier
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $473
Description: High Power 350-400 watt 2 meter FM/SSB/CW rf sensing amplifier

You can write your own review of the TE Systems 1454G 2 Meter Amplifier.

DONMTEXAS Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2018 19:41 Send this review to a friend
Re review after 2 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 2 years of careful use I can honestly say that I would do it again in a heartbeat. The T E Systems amp has done me proud. After putting up a Diamond X510 antenna which is an omni directional high gain with a 17 foot raidome. The antenna will only take 330 watts so I have to pull back the drive to stay under that. The amp gets me GREAT signal reports. I have talked simplex fm over 450 miles! The preamp allows me to hear stations that my ts2000 can't hear with it's preamp and with both preamps on it just gets better. I am in southeast Texas as far south as you can go without going into the Gulf of Mexico. I talk simplex to stations north of Dallas and Shreveport Louisiana and they are suprised that I am not using a beam 200 feet up.

I use fans on the amp now. I use 4 of them because they are small but I just lay them on the heat sink and they do the job well. I have never tripped the overheat!

I would recommend this amp over any other. Satisfied? No. I am delighted with the T E Systems amp. I love it! Get your own. This one is MINE. If I ever need another amp you can rest assured that it will be a T E Systems.

DONMTEXAS Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2016 04:03 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my 1454G a couple of weeks back and wow! My signal reports on ssb and fmhave been phenominal driving it with 60 watts from my ts-2000. I can get into a repeater 100 miles away even in terrible band conditions to check in to their ARES net at sunset, the worst time of day for vhf fm! When checking in to a ssb net for the first time the older hams were amazed that a new ham was checking in from so far away with such a great signal. The GAaS fet preamp really helps pull out those weak stations on fm or ssb. I have used it on fm simplex with the key down during qso's and nets for up to 3 minutes and the heat sink barely gets warm and that is without a fan! This is a real performer.

I am using it with a RDC Bulldog 55 amp power supply and it does cause the power supply fan to come on so even though I do not have an ammeter in the circuit I can tell that it is working the power supply. I have read other reviews of TE Systems amps of how they heat up and need fans added, but this one barely gets warm and that's without a fan!

The guy I ordered it from on the phone seemed to be very knowledgable of his product and guided me to make the best selection for my needs. I have a couple of more antennas to put up and I will have a station that will dominate 2 meters in my area. I could not be more pleased. I will review it again after I've had it for a couple of years and seehow it goes. I went with TE Systems on the recommendation of a trusted ham friend. His advice appears to be sound.

73 de KB5DON

VE2DC Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2011 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Good bang for the buck  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you want a bit more reach without springing for a legal limit amp, this will get you half way there for a fraction of the investment. I have the 1454 without the pre-amp since I use a mast mounted pre-amp. I also had to disable the RF sense switching to avoid interfering with my sequencer. Puts out 350W easily and can take the full output of my IC910H without smoking anything but requires about 60-70W of drive for a clean 350W out. I routinely work 500Km with a single yagi and have made tropo QSOs well beyond 1000Km. Great value and solidly built. I ran a weekly net on 2M SSB and it didn't get very warm. Of course it would running 350W on FM, but why would anyone do that ;-)

KI4ECW Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2005 14:58 Send this review to a friend
None Better!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This one is built like a tank - superb quality and craftsmanship. It stays cool under contest conditions and it gets the job done.

I've previously owned Mirage and RF Concepts 2 Meter amps. The TE Systems line of products beat them hands down on quality, reliability, and durability.

If you want the biggest and best mobile 2 meter amp, this is it!

Dennis / K1ECW