Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.)
Reviews: 197 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom-authorized service center for Amateur, Avionics and Marine radios. Also services some "Standard" Amateur Radio models. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan.
More info: http://www.sarts1.com/

You can write your own review of the Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.).

AF6G Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2018 23:17 Send this review to a friend
Super Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent in my 1 month old Icom 7200 to SAR for no power out on any band or mode. They had it repaired, under warranty, and in route back to me 2 days from their receipt. They were kind enough to return the radio in the factory box I sent it in, adding bubble wrap cushioning in the factory box, then placing that box into another box with Styrofoam peanuts [double boxed]. Radio works fine now, even seems to receive better, but that could have been related to the original issue [reseated 2 flex cables on the RF board]. I highly recommend SAR Technical Services, Inc. for service on your Icom radio.

K7DR Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2018 21:07 Send this review to a friend
IC7000 Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an IC7000 that had the common driver up in smoke failure. It's been sitting around the house for a while, so I finally decided it was time to have it repaired. I'm in metro Detroit area so sent it off to SAR. I dropped it off at UPS on a Thursday, and Monday I was called to say it was repaired. I gave him my credit card info, and it was back in my hands the next day! Radio is great and back to full output. I'm going to give it a workout for June VHF contest, then field Day.

Dave - K7DR

K8TS Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2018 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
7300 had an issue with power output--sent everything to Matt on Monday, gave him an email heads up that it was coming. Tracking said he got it on Tuesday, Thursday UPS sent a notice that rig would be here on Friday and would need someone to sign for it. Emailed Matt to ask what he found. No return email. Got a phone call, he went over all that he found, and some additional alignment he did, explained the probable cause and what to do to avoid it. I explained I had not done the latest firmware update, and he told me when I was ready to call him on the phone and he would walk me through it! Great turnaround, super service, just a great guy to work with. Total 5 days ship to receive. Unheard of service.

KL0S Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2017 12:13 Send this review to a friend
My Best Choice for Icom Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Matt at SAR Tech Services has repaired two radios for me, first my IC-910H back in 2014 and most recently my IC-7600. The 7600 developed a nasty intermittent power output issue that I couldn't tackle at the bench. I dropped it off at the local UPS store here in Virginia on a Wednesday and had the radio back in my hands the following Wednesday, absolutely amazing. Fortunately the intermittent fault demonstrated itself within 5 minutes of Matt putting it on the bench; he replaced a failed PA driver and changed out the other as a precaution. Top notch service...totally satisfied, highly recommended! 73 - Dino KL0S

KB3LSM Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2017 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Very nice to deal with  Time owned: more than 12 months
My IC7300 got blew out from my last house party and I had it fixed and back in less than 2 weeks. They even put the latest firmware in my radio for me. The man there was very nice to deal with and he explained everything very well and answered my questions thoroughly. The repairs cost less than I expected. The radio was packed better than how I sent it out there. Very happy. Not that I get excited about radios getting blown up and sending them away to get fixed, but If I ever do, I'll be happy to send them to this place.

K4JQL Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2017 13:21 Send this review to a friend
7100 digitizer problems   Time owned: more than 12 months
My Icom seemed to have digitizer issues from the get go but I just kept fiddling with it until my warranty ran out. Long story short, called Matt and dropped off the rig he replaced the digitizer control unit and had it back to me in 7 days. Great guy, easy to work with, reasonable prices. I have Icoms: 746, 746Pro, 706MkIIG and the 7100. I highly recommend Icom and Matt at SAR Technical Services. First Icom that needed repair after over 17 years of ownership. 73 to all. K4JQL

N2IRO Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2017 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Great experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Matt upgraded two 7851s... mine and a friends. He did the jobs quickly and professionally. If I need another upgrade or repair, SAR is my choice. The whole matter was a great experience.

W8SPM Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2016 21:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a update to a prior review I made on SARS-Icom Service Center Michigan- I have been a ham for most of my life and have used Icom equipment for many years! About 10 years ago I sent a Older Icom Radio to Matt Adrian at SARS ! He spent quite a bit of time on the phone talking to me about what was wrong and what it took to fix it ! I had never in my Ham life had someone take the time to actually talk to me about my concerns! Since that time every Icom radio I have that needed service I have sent to Matt and the experience was exactly the same as before! Matt will talk to you about your concerns and not cut you off as most people do ! I have emailed Matt several times and he always responds to my emails! I would advise anyone needing service to take the time to try SARS in Michigan ? You will not be disappointed ! Sam Maze W8SPM Parkersburg,WV

K2WH Rating: 1/5 Oct 9, 2016 06:55 Send this review to a friend
Not Fabulous Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years ago, I sent my 756pro to Michigan, (I don't recall who worked on it), but it had a receive audio problem in which upon turning the rig on, the receive audio was very low even with the volume all the way up. Strangely after about 1/2 hour, the volume level was normal.
So, after 1 month in their possession, and after numerous parts replacement (mostly capacitors), the rig was returned with slightly better audio but with the Monitor function not working at all. It was working prior to shipping it to ICOM service center. I would sent it back to them again, but am hesitant since they were unable to fix the original problem and made it worse with a new problem.

WA9MNF Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2016 05:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I called Matt a couple of weeks ago and asked if I could drop off the Icom hf rig since I would be driving near his location. He agreed and I dropped it off and explained the problem. less than a week later he called and said it was ready. The turnaround time was very short and he went the extra mile and repaired another defective part. The repair charge was really reasonable and it works great. He has worked on the rig before on unrelated problems and has never disappointed me.

I sure hope he stays in the repair business for a long time to come.