Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.)
Reviews: 200 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom-authorized service center for Amateur, Avionics and Marine radios. Also services some "Standard" Amateur Radio models. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan.
More info: http://www.sarts1.com/

You can write your own review of the Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.).

N1AUP Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2019 12:40 Send this review to a friend
Repair on Icom 706. Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my 706 in for an intermittent transmit issue. SAR was attentive, and gave great advice on securely packing the radio for safe transport. They diagnosed the problem, and repaired the issue in days. They also agreed to burn it in for a week to insure that the radio was indeed fixed. They then shipped the radio back as promised. Finally, they charged a very fair price for their services.

I was so impressed, that I'm sending them a second 706, and my 730 for alignment.

Highly recommended.

K4MO Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2019 20:22 Send this review to a friend
IC-706mk2g 1 week turn around  Time owned: more than 12 months
It left here dead. Came home a week later working like new. Great price and service - very professional.

N5PPR Rating: 4/5 Jan 29, 2019 18:23 Send this review to a friend
7300 no power out, Fixed quick  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
14 days from Mississippi to Michigan and back. Output dropped to 8 watts two days prior to warranty expiring. SAR Technical Services repaired the defective transistor updated the firmware and tested. The round trip was quicker than I expected. I will put it on the air as soon as I get home. If I need service again on Icom gear I will send it to SAR. They were highly recommended.

AF6G Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2018 23:17 Send this review to a friend
Super Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent in my 1 month old Icom 7200 to SAR for no power out on any band or mode. They had it repaired, under warranty, and in route back to me 2 days from their receipt. They were kind enough to return the radio in the factory box I sent it in, adding bubble wrap cushioning in the factory box, then placing that box into another box with Styrofoam peanuts [double boxed]. Radio works fine now, even seems to receive better, but that could have been related to the original issue [reseated 2 flex cables on the RF board]. I highly recommend SAR Technical Services, Inc. for service on your Icom radio.

K7DR Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2018 21:07 Send this review to a friend
IC7000 Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an IC7000 that had the common driver up in smoke failure. It's been sitting around the house for a while, so I finally decided it was time to have it repaired. I'm in metro Detroit area so sent it off to SAR. I dropped it off at UPS on a Thursday, and Monday I was called to say it was repaired. I gave him my credit card info, and it was back in my hands the next day! Radio is great and back to full output. I'm going to give it a workout for June VHF contest, then field Day.

Dave - K7DR

K8TS Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2018 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
7300 had an issue with power output--sent everything to Matt on Monday, gave him an email heads up that it was coming. Tracking said he got it on Tuesday, Thursday UPS sent a notice that rig would be here on Friday and would need someone to sign for it. Emailed Matt to ask what he found. No return email. Got a phone call, he went over all that he found, and some additional alignment he did, explained the probable cause and what to do to avoid it. I explained I had not done the latest firmware update, and he told me when I was ready to call him on the phone and he would walk me through it! Great turnaround, super service, just a great guy to work with. Total 5 days ship to receive. Unheard of service.

KL0S Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2017 12:13 Send this review to a friend
My Best Choice for Icom Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Matt at SAR Tech Services has repaired two radios for me, first my IC-910H back in 2014 and most recently my IC-7600. The 7600 developed a nasty intermittent power output issue that I couldn't tackle at the bench. I dropped it off at the local UPS store here in Virginia on a Wednesday and had the radio back in my hands the following Wednesday, absolutely amazing. Fortunately the intermittent fault demonstrated itself within 5 minutes of Matt putting it on the bench; he replaced a failed PA driver and changed out the other as a precaution. Top notch service...totally satisfied, highly recommended! 73 - Dino KL0S

AC3DB Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2017 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Very nice to deal with  Time owned: more than 12 months
My IC7300 got blew out from my last house party and I had it fixed and back in less than 2 weeks. They even put the latest firmware in my radio for me. The man there was very nice to deal with and he explained everything very well and answered my questions thoroughly. The repairs cost less than I expected. The radio was packed better than how I sent it out there. Very happy. Not that I get excited about radios getting blown up and sending them away to get fixed, but If I ever do, I'll be happy to send them to this place.

K4JQL Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2017 13:21 Send this review to a friend
7100 digitizer problems   Time owned: more than 12 months
My Icom seemed to have digitizer issues from the get go but I just kept fiddling with it until my warranty ran out. Long story short, called Matt and dropped off the rig he replaced the digitizer control unit and had it back to me in 7 days. Great guy, easy to work with, reasonable prices. I have Icoms: 746, 746Pro, 706MkIIG and the 7100. I highly recommend Icom and Matt at SAR Technical Services. First Icom that needed repair after over 17 years of ownership. 73 to all. K4JQL

N2IRO Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2017 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Great experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Matt upgraded two 7851s... mine and a friends. He did the jobs quickly and professionally. If I need another upgrade or repair, SAR is my choice. The whole matter was a great experience.