Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Help

Reviews Summary for Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine
Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Reviews: 235 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $48/hour prorated
Description: Ham radio repair (Icom and Kenwood HF/VHF/UHF multi-mode radios).

Note: If you are posting a review, please mention what model of radio I serviced for you. And please abide by eHam's rules: Only one review per customer. Thanks. Mike - N1EQ

More info: http://www.n1eq.com

You can write your own review of the Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine.

W8KTH Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2018 14:36 Send this review to a friend
Truly 5-Star Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I selected Mike to service a very unusual problem in my ICOM PRO III. I had told him upfront that I didn't want to put much labor into repairing the rig, since it was now 11 years old. Several other people who advertise that they work on ICOM rigs didn't want to touch this one with the strange symptoms. All it took to repair was one small electrolytic cap and an adjustment. Mike serviced the rig in record time and it was back in my shack in exactly one week. He even performed some extra checks gratis. His attention to detail and fair labor rates means he will be servicing my ICOM rigs in the future. Thanks Mike!

W3BFC Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2018 12:21 Send this review to a friend
No better service anywhere for ICOM gear!.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Believe all these reviews. Mike is the best organized service I have ever used in 63 years of hamming. Period. Trust him and use his services for your ICOM gear. W3BFC

W1DGL Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2018 19:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a power out issue (HF only) with my 706MkIIG and contacted Mike about it for possible repair.
He told me what it might be, so I sent him the rig and when he got it, apparently he correctly diagnosed it.
I authorized the repair and the bill (including return shipping) was a LOT less than I was expecting.
Radio works like a charm again and I've taken his suggestions as to how to prevent it from happening again.
Would recommend him to anyone.

W1JFF Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2018 12:00 Send this review to a friend
Great again!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The CI-V port stopped working on my Icom 746PRO. I emailed Mike on Monday and explained the problem and he emailed right back and said to send it down and he would take a look at it.
Shipped it out Tuesday he received it Wed. Thursday morning he emailed that he would work on it and keep me informed, Thursday afternoon he told me what he had done and the radio was fixed and what the cost was and shipped it out that afternoon with a tracking number and I had my radio back Friday.
Everything works just great. If your Icom radio isn't working right Mike is the guy to fix it!
He has done work for me before and if I need something fixed again he will be the first call I make.
Go to his website and follow the instructions for shipping and communicating with him and you will have a good experience and your Icom will be fixed and it will be fixed right,fast,and at a very reasonable cost.

W2WHT Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2018 08:26 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am remiss for not posting this earlier. I had the great fortune of asking Mike to fix my 746. I say this because he lived up to my expectations and then some.

I sent my rig to him and it was back in about a week. The cost of the repairs was very reasonable and my 746 is working flawlessly.

Communications between Mike and myself were perfect and prompt. I Heartily recommend Mike for any repairs to the equipment types he services.

W4JPP Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2018 08:08 Send this review to a friend
fast, highly recommend  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an icom 706mkiig that was not transmitting on FM. Emailed Mike with the symptoms, he had me send it to him. Mike sure to read his shipping instructions on his site well...they are there for a reason...double boxing etc...I sent it on a Thursday, he rec'd it Friday, and Monday am he completed the repair...I paid via paypal and that same morning I rec'd the ups ship tracking number. Even thru this quick process Mike emailed me to let me know radio rec'd, estimate of what he thought it may be, confirmation of repair..Just good communication. Very much appreciated. Highly recommend.

KA1FSX Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2018 07:30 Send this review to a friend
IMPECCABLE!!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
From my very first email to Mike the service was GREAT . Mike is a true professional and pleasure to work with. Everything mentioned ion his Web page is exactly the way it is written. Mike fixed my Icom 746pro ,explained the problem and made the proper repair and had my radio back to me in 1 week door to door. Top Notch Fees were extremely fair I was shocked. As long as Mike is fixing Icoms Iíll own Icoms.

KA1FSX

N8OPS Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2018 21:21 Send this review to a friend
superb, very fast, low price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Icom 7410 wasn't working well. It didn't hear much, s-meter was wacky, etc. Mike was very fast and communication was superb. My radio now works better than it ever has. Mike's prices are extremely fair for such high quality work. I could not be more pleased.

W2WHT Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2018 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Superb!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mike repaired my 746 and the turnaround time was phenomenal!!

The charges were more than fair and I would not want to use anyone else to repair my radio.

His communication is excellent and I am extremely pleased!!

Thanks MIKE!!

W5MT Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2018 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another well deserved 5 for Mike!

My IC756ProII had an RF/ESD overload issue that manifests itself as instability of the TX when XMIT on 6m. The TX can be stabilized by adding in 6 dB of receive attenuation, but unless you like pressing buttons a lot, it costs you sensitivity on that band. I was impressed that Mike had written a white paper from his experiences in seeing and repairing this issue, as well as developing a little absorber circuit he tacks onto the board to hopefully minimize (or eliminate) possible future failures of same.

After a couple of email exchanges, with Mike very promptly replying to each (< 1 day), I sent the radio with instructions to make the repair (& install the absorber circuit), check out a possible NB issue he also has written a white paper on and perform a general "health" check of the 15 YO rig.

All done, Mike said the rig was in good shape and no other repairs were needed, charging me only 2 hours for the repair/mod I requested, plus parts and a new lithium battery. A bargain to be sure! The lead time was 2 days in his shop, also a bonus!

I would not hesitate to make use of Mike's services in the future. Only downside... from TX to ME, UPS Gnd is 4 days each way... hihi