Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 224 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

KN4ZZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2019 02:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had problem with Kenwood TS 2000 would not transmit.
Bill did a wonderful job repairing my radio. Great work can't bragg enough on the job he did.

Tnx,
Bill

KC2QJB Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2019 23:32 Send this review to a friend
ALS 600 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill provided quick service at a reasonable price. I would not hesitate to use Bill's service again and highly recommend him to others.

KO4NR Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2019 23:13 Send this review to a friend
RF Board Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent a Kenwood RF board in to have the resistor and capacitor replaced that were removed for the Inrad Roofing filter mod. Got an email from Bill telling me it was finished when I was expecting an email saying he had received it. Man that was fast service!! Must of fixed it the day he received it. Very reasonable cost as well. I hope Bill never retires!!
Bill Smith KO4NR

K5GET Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2019 00:34 Send this review to a friend
N4ATS excellent service K5GET   Time owned: more than 12 months
Without hesitation, I recommend Bill Grassa (N4ATS) for outstanding service work on electronic equipment, where it be repairs or upgrades.
Bill recently worked on my Kenwood TS-870S for a digital readout problem; he fixed and returned the radio in short order; cost to repair was very reasonable and the radio has worked great since being returned.
A couple months later I sent my Alpha 91B amplifier to Bill for repair. The Amp was blowing the F3 fuse on startup; the Amp
would not power up. The problem had to do with failure in the soft startup section of the HV transformer circuit. Bill diagnosed the problem and made the needed repairs. Now it works great!
Bill and I communicated as needed by phone and text; he kept me informed as to the issues and his progress with his diagnosis. I am beyond pleased that Bill fixed my radios; he is an expert in my opinion, with over 40 years experience doing this. I checked Bill out before sending him my radios and determined him to be an honest, fair and dependable individual.
I give Bill a AAA+++ rating; don’t hesitate to use Bill (N4ATS) for your radio service needs. “73”

K0FTC Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2019 22:35 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-7200 Quiet Scan Modification  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I asked Bill to perform the QRRS (Quiet Relay Receive Scan) modification on my Icom IC-7200 for its use in MARS ALE. This modification is outlined at http://hflink.com/icom/ic7200/ and one of the few places I found with a narrative expalnation is at www.m0lmk.co.uk/2013/11/09/icom-ic-7200-qrs-mod/ in which the writer states that it is "tricky" and not for the "faint hearted". Bill said he had done it before and asked me to send it to him. Within a few days he performed the mod and sent it back. I was amazed at how reasonably he charged me for the modification and shipped the radio back with additional padding beyond the factory shipping I had sent it to him in. I've been using the radio scanning MARS ALE for several days now and the modifiaction works great! Thanks Bill.

W9BIG Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2019 01:41 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had a mirage B3030G amplifier that was stuck half way in key up mode when I turn it on. Bill provided excellent service. He made all the repairs to like new condition, It really works GREAT now. I highly recommend N4ATS for amplifier repair.Thank you for a great job Bill

AI6FK Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2019 16:46 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received back from Bill the amplifier I purchased from eBay. All the problems associated with operation of the FANs and the degradation of receiver sensitivity were fixed and the amplifier works great now even when driven with my TS-940 (40 watts in about 500 Watts out in CW on 20mts).
It was returned very, very well packed in perfect condition via FEDEX ground.
Prior to sending it, we went over the problems and Bill assisted me in troubleshooting the linear trying to avoid sending it for repair.
Thank you Bill !

W4EZY Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2019 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Better Than New  Time owned: months
Sent my sick Yaesu FL-7000 amp to Bill. After the repairs and ten upgrades, works better than it did new. Very well packed and arrived in perfect condition.

KK4ANE Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2019 22:21 Send this review to a friend
Like Brand New, maybe better!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a used AL 1500 with lots of goblins. Intermittent key. Turing on and off all by itself. Even a fuse blowing now and then. Took it to Bill and he gave it the old one-two and now it is like Brand New maybe even better! He was fast, informative and fair, very fair on the cost. Thanks, Bill you are wonderful.

AD5MD Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2019 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I called Bill and discussed with him the issue I noticed on my TS-590SG. I sent it in 2 days after and he got back at me 2 days after he received it. Asked me some questions and started sending me pictures of the tcvr on his work bench. After some very close analysis He found the culprit, got back at me that He can fix it and that if I wanted to, he suggested a mod for better transceiver performance. I asked him rhe cost I'm looking at including the mod and parts ----- SAME Hourly charge and that's it + of course the return shipping via Fedex! I know that the transistor and wires/terminal/silicon compound still cost money but boy... A technician will surely charge with mark-up, not with Bill!

To top it all he was very responsive to my calls and text messages even beyond business hours.. and the best part, I had the transceiver back in my shack 10 days after ot left! Impeccable service!