Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 206 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

KD5ZSX Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2018 22:51 Send this review to a friend
Replacement for 2SC3133  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill is a tremendous knowledge base and is always ready and willing to helping us hams. Recently I was trying to get a 950SDX transmit working and he truly bailed me out. I had purchased some 2SC1945 transistors to replace the 2SC3133 drivers which are no longer available anywhere. When I installed the 2 new transistors, there was no output at all. Bill responded to my eham forum listing telling me that there are many counterfeit transistors. I had been checking transistors using the diode setting on my DMM and while that will find an open/short....I certainly learned it doesn't detect counterfeit transistors. Bill recommended getting a Peak Atlas DCA55 transistor tester which I did and quickly found that the transistors I had received marked Mitsubishi 2SC1945 were not that at all....have no idea what they are but using the DCA55 I learned the emitter and collector were reversed on the transistors I had received. Thanks Bill for being a lifesaver!!!

KB0UXV Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2018 02:58 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running a FL7000 amp which has been going strong 10 years after Bill updated the unit, and was paired with a TS590. I recently picked up a FT991A and purchased a custom band data/ALC cable from a seller in Italy on Ebay. The radio did not work with those cables, Bill and Tom helped me figure out that I needed to set menu 141(tuner) to LAMP (Linear AMP). The help was spot on and prompt. I learned that Tom makes custom band data cables for the FL7000, had I known this I would have ordered from the master instead of Ebay. You won't be disappointed with service from these fine folks.

K6ZB Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2018 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Fast, competent and reasonable in price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can vouch for Bill, N4ATS, as an extremely competent and superior repair expert. He fixed my THP HL-1L fx in less than a week for a very reasonable price. He communicates very well, too.

K5TH Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2018 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT-817 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Years ago I made the mistake of packing my FT-817 in my suitcase when I went on a flight. The baggage gorillas damaged both of the rotary encoders after the bag had been opened and repacked by the security folks at the airport. I put up with the damage for way too many years and finally decided that it was time to get the neat little radio repaired. I researched a number of repair services here and Bill (N4ATS) had excellent reviews, so I contacted him and sent my radio to him for repair. It arrived back home safely today and I am happy to say that it works like new again. I had considered buying a new FT-818, but decided that it would be foolish to spend that much when my radio worked like new except for the tuning issues. Bill saved me about $600 and no need to explain to the XYL why I wanted to buy a new radio!

Thanks Bill!

KX4DX Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2018 21:53 Send this review to a friend
Commander VHF-1200 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my Commander VHF-1200 in for repair of what appeared to be a power supply problem. It turned out that the amplifier was working perfectly and it was discovered that there was a supply voltage problem which was then traced to a faulty circuit breaker at my home, something that I should have checked before sending unit to Bill!
Bill provided excellent communication before, during and after his evaluation and returned unit expeditiously in a custom-made shipping container.
Excellent service!!!

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2018 23:08 Send this review to a friend
N4ATS SIMPLY THE BEST  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
FELLOW HAMS BILL IS A GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH VERY HONEST AND KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING THANKS BILL FOR GREAT SERVICE 1 WEEK TURN AROUND VERY DEPENDABLE 73S

NN4X Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2018 23:41 Send this review to a friend
Came Through Under Pressure  Time owned: more than 12 months
My 6M amplifier recently required repair, and I took it to Bill. He found the problem within a couple of hours, and knowing how short the 6M E's season is, expedited the parts so he could turn it around for me within a week.

It works better than ever now. Thanks again, Bill!!

W4FID Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2018 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Very helpful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I talked to Bill on the phone to arrange dropping off my amp. He asked a few questions about what its problems were and my experience/ability with high voltage circuits and what I could do on my own. His advice was to get tubes from a source he was confident about (turned out to be a great source) and put them in, do a few checks, and 90% chance it would be fixed. Took his time and a couple phone calls. No charge. No 100 mile trip to his place to drop it off and pick it up. Knowledgeable. Helpful. THAT is what ham radio was in the past and I'm delighted to see a guy who still is like that.

W3ULS Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2018 11:43 Send this review to a friend
FTdx5000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being located on the east coast, as I am, Bill's service is way more convenient than the Yaesu service center in CA.*

Also, he does a first-rate job--prompt and professional.

Highly recommended.

John, W3ULS

*Have had good results with the CA facility over the years, so no complaints there.

W7BJ Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2018 14:41 Send this review to a friend
My FT-990 is NEW again.  Time owned: more than 12 months
N4ATS, Bill provided excellent service on my Yaesu FT-990. He made all the repairs and tuned up my precious radio to like new condition, it really works well. Bill also repaired my Yaesu FL-7000 in a prior year. Take a look at his repair station on QRZ, your radio or amplifier will be handled with care. I highly recommend N4ATS for radio repair. Three cheers for Bill and THANK YOU for a job well done.