Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP Help

Reviews Summary for TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP
TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP Reviews: 180 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $450.
Description: LP-100A Digital Vector wattmeter with complex impedance display (R+jX) / autoranging 50mW to 3KW (5 & 10KW options) / bright, fast Graphic VFD display / simultaneous display of POWER and SWR (or REF PWR) in numerical & bargraph form. Additional displays for dBm, RL, compression & calibrated field strength in dBm. Automatic band-by-band power correction with built-in frequency counter / peak hold mode / flash upgradeable firmware / serial interface / free control, monitoring and plotting software / SWR alarm / NIST traceable calibration / much more.
More info: http://www.telepostinc.com/

You can write your own review of the TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP.

VA3VMD Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2019 22:16 Send this review to a friend
A definite TOOL in the Shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hands down a very HIGH QUALITY, ACCURATE tool that is worth every penny. Ordered, delivered and received within 1 week. Plug in and go. I didn't even have to configure my call in the device, Larry already programmed it.

If your running an amp and want to get granular on your input and output by far this is a HIGH quality product. It's not cheap, won't disappoint and in my opinion worth every $$.

K6KWX Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2019 17:05 Send this review to a friend
The best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the LP100A for two years now. I am not sure I would ever transmit without it (the only place I transmit without it, is in the field). Not only does it provide in a quick glance every parameter important to transmitting, but it is also an absolute top quality product. Simple to run too, calibratable to precision, easy push-button selection of the parameters needed. I wish my car dash worked like this one :-). There is not much to add when (as of this writing) there are 178 reviews, each of which is a 5.0. I am now ordering the dual-coupler option, and will update my review once in use. A shout-out to Larry Phipps (N8LP) for in-person answering any inquiry.

W9WO Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2019 23:02 Send this review to a friend
As Good As Everyone Says It Is!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello.
I completely agree with all of the positive comments that others have already said about the LP-100A. I bought my LP-100A with the dual coupler option in March of 2013 and it has performed superbly ever since. As much as I have good to say about the LP-100A itself, If you can believe it I have even higher praise for the man behind the product. Larry Phipps, (N8LP) supports his products like nobody I've ever seen. Anytime I've had a question or a concern Larry has responded to my email within a couple of hours. I've even seen him providing support to another person on the LP-100 group page on Christmas day 2016. Who else supports their product like that. Bottom line is this. Yes it's not the least expensive but I'm convinced there's no better available for the amateur radio operator. Do yourself a favor if you're in the market then give it a serious look. I highly recommend the LP-100A. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.
By the way I also have one of his LP-700 Digital Station Monitors. Check that one out as well. All I can say about it is WOW!! But that's for another review of it to follow in time.
Darrell W9WO

AB3ME Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2019 20:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased a MFJ-828 because I was trying to be frugal with my radio hobby...what a mistake!!! I returned it to HRO 4 days after I received it after going thru the calibration process several times. I immediately purchased a LP100A and received it a few days later. Double the money, but quadruple the performance. Worked correctly right out of the box. My recommendation to anyone wanting a really good watt meter to use in your station is to save your money, the wait to purchase a quality and accurate meter like the LP100A is more than worth the wait. Hats off to Larry for producing a great product!

G3YZY Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2018 14:40 Send this review to a friend
The design of the LP-100a in most excellent.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned this power meter for a couple of months and many thanks to Larry for excellent communications and quick delivery to the UK. As a retired antenna and RF consultant to UK MoD and industry I used power meters in my job on a regular basis. The design of the LP-100a in most excellent and I would have loved to have had access to one during my career! Highly recommended!

K0WA Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2018 01:55 Send this review to a friend
It's all true  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've wanted one of these for years. Finally pulled the trigger. Fantastic product. I hughly recommend this watt meter plus.

W7NEE Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2018 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fantastic piece of equipment! I use a Flex radio to drive my Quadra Amplifier. The screen on the Quadra is getting quite dim. I installed the Lp-100A and found that I was overdriving my amplifier with the Flex! I very glad to have purchased this precision piece of equipment! It has saved me some repairs in the future of my amplifier! Great product I would highly recommend it!

BU2AH Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2018 14:00 Send this review to a friend
I won't sell it ...   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Right now, for sure, 2 ham radio tools I won`t sell them, the one is my 500w bird dummy load and the rest one just is the LP-100A.
On the other hands, The LP-500/700 is my next step.
ps. I am waiting for my second KPA-500 to feed LP-100A. YES, just because of LP-100A, so I bought one more KPA-500.(The original one has been sold 2 years ago. HAHAHA

KA5ROW Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2018 08:53 Send this review to a friend
Money Well Spent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have enjoyed my new LP-100A never an issue. The best part for me is the PEP hold and the audible alarm for SWR, sometimes I change antennas and forget to re-tune the amp. I set my hold for 1 second but you can go as long as 5 secs if you wish. There are a lot of other things you can do but so far, I just use the power and the SWR. I have owned this right a 6 months.

WB6OUE Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2017 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Best watt meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. The LP100A is not cheap by any means, yet it is very high quality, and accurate. If you want the best get this one for sure. Their station monitor looks very nice to, but the cost is preventing me from purchasing one at this time.