Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Help

Reviews Summary for W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting
W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Reviews: 118 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Description: Plans, installs, maintains, and repairs amateur radio antennas, towers, rotators and related cabling. Also paints rusting towers and performs Insurance Estimates. Nearly 50 years of amateur radio experience. Will provide service anywhere worldwide, with clients in the USA, Carribean, and South America. Member of the CQ Contest "Hall of Fame". Supports towers 20' to over 200', for Big Gun DXers, Contesters, and Little Pistols. Supports all types of antennas and towers. No task too small, no project too large. Reasonable rates. Contact John directly for a consultation and estimate. John Crovelli W2GD/P40W w2gd@hotmail.com 908-391-5611 (c)

You can write your own review of the W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting.

WA1CVN Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2019 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Removed 62 foot Rohn 25 tower  Time owned: more than 12 months
John did an excellent job removing my 62 foot Rohn 25 tower with the associated beam antennas. He did this without damage to the antennas. The price was fair for the removal and appreciated.

WT0S Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2018 23:36 Send this review to a friend
excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just ended a 45 minute conversation with John and for the second time in 6 years, John was once again extremely helpful and very cordial.

I had many questions ranging from tower sizing for antennas to guy wire sizes and even antenna arrays and as usual, John was very helpful and took the time to answer my questions in a very professional manner.

John I appreciate your time and very much respect your opinion. Thanks again and I would highly recommend you to anyone.

Sincerely,
Don
WT0S

W3WKX Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2018 11:40 Send this review to a friend
great AGAIN !!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
New rotor broke under warranty. Only about 5 months old. John came before warranty ran out, brought refurbished one, took down broken one, put up refurbished one, and I sent it in for repair. No second visit for John due to his great idea. Saved money, time and down time. Thanks again John. Would definitely use john again as long as he continues working. Good, reasonable and safe. T2X rotor replaced one that was 37 yo.

K3PH Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2017 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Job As Always!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a lightning hit on my tower behind the house in early August and I immediately contacted John (I have used his service before, always with excellent results). John walked me through making a list of the antennas and other items that were damaged in the strike. In 24 hours, he had an estimate ready for sending off to my insurance company!

Very shortly after that, he was at my QTH, removing the damaged equipment in preparation for the installation of new equipment, when I had it ready. Within a week of my getting the new antenna, rotator, etc. ready, John was here installing the new equipment! And, when the SWR wasn't what I was expecting, he was able to tune the antenna on the spot. His experience really paid off!

If you need antenna and/or tower installation or repair, contact John. You won't be sorry! He does excellent work, with great attention to details, and his rates are reasonable.

W3WKX Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2017 17:28 Send this review to a friend
new rotor and thrust bearing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John once again saved the day for me. I needed a new T2x rotor installed, along with new mast and thrust bearing. He recommended I do those also. He was absolutely correct. He and Bill, w2rq, came on time and did the job in several hours. Very professional, neat, and reasonable. I would definitely use John again for anything related to my tower and yagis. The tower and beam and rotor are 37 years old, and the rotor went bad..This new rotor was just placed and everything running great !!

K2EQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2015 09:15 Send this review to a friend
Great job, great guys!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found John and Bill delightful down to earth folks and a pleasure to work with. The work was done (installing a 50 foot tower with Force 12 beam, VHF/UHF antenna and OCF dipole offset from tower) very professionally, very safely and very timely. Almost as important as the work John did on site, was his meticulous help to me with making sure I purchased the correct materials. Even with that, the Rohn tower did not fit together properly and John had to become an instant mechanical engineer. And then Force 12 'forgot' to put the balun in the box even though the shipping label said it was in there, so John improvised with an instant home made balun. Awesome work, Awesome service, Awesome guys!!

WX3G Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2015 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Job As Usual   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In an earlier review for John's service 7 years ago, I indicated that I would most certainly and without any hesitation rehire John and his assistant Bill once I upgrade from my TH2 to a better antenna around the sunspot peak (plus/minus a few years). Well, I did just that this September as it was time to retire the TH2 and move on to something a bit more sophisticated. John and Bill arrived promptly on the day of installation and went right to work dismantling the TH2 from a Rohn HBX tower, and beginning the task assembling a brand new Force 12 XR3 that I bought from a fellow ham at a reduced cost. Unfortunately a few of the tubular sections were missing as I had not inspected the contents of the box which had arrived a few weeks earlier. John immediately put in a call to Force 12 and made arrangements with them to fabricate and ship the missing sections to my house the next day by overnight mail. The package arrived on time by 10:00 AM the next morning and John and Bill were able to complete the installation by early afternoon, with the antenna exhibiting the quoted broadband specifications. John also served as the honest broker in suggesting how the additional costs of the missing sections and expedited shipping might be partitioned among the seller and myself. The actions John took to complete this project on time using his extensive connections in the ham community are extremely commendable, along with the quality of his work, attention to detail, and absolutely pleasant attitude. For the second time in the past 8 years I STRONGLY recommend W2GD antenna installation service if you are looking for a job to be done right the first time and at a reasonable price. Thank you John and Bill for your excellent service!

AJ2I Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2015 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John and Bill did an excellent job on my hexbeam! They arrived on time and completed all the tasks as promised. John suggested Unistrut for attic bracing for my Glen Martin tower with lag bolts. VERY strong! I felt very confident throughout the install that it would go properly and smoothly, which they certainly did. Bill and John are a great team and I highly recommend their services.

N3ZC Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2015 09:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Job as Always  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 3-El SteppIR was having issues. High SWR everywhere. I contacted John and he suggested giving SteppIR Support a call as far as eliminating the SDA-100 Controller, cables, etc, I figured out the Driven Element was not moving, broken shaft (older model motors). I decided to replace all 3 motors while the antenna was down on the ground. I contacted John and he fit me into his booked up schedule. I also figured I'd put up a 2M Beam (M2 17 Element beam) He put that up too. Him and his helper took care of everything. They did a neat job, showed up at the time planned, and took about the time he said. He also "Pre-Lubed" my tower cable, checked everything with a once-over, made sure everything was taped-up, etc. I've used him several times before, and always with the same result, a great job at a reasonable price. Hire John, no need to look anywhere else!

WG2Y Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Job All Around  Time owned: months
I needed to have a balun and coax replaced on my tower. I contacted John and his response was prompt. The scheduled day had temperatures in the low 30's. That did not deter John He arrived and did his work in a professional manner. If it was a warmer day I would have fired up the grill and cracked a few open with him. He was that much fun to have around. Call him if you need tower service you will not be dissapointed.