Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface
Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Reviews: 268 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $89
Description: The new SignaLinkTM USB combines the performance of our SL-1+ with a state of the art “built-in” low-noise USB Sound Card. This innovation delivers optimum performance while eliminating the need to attach to your computer's existing sound card. Convenient front panel controls and simplified installation make this one of the most user-friendly interfaces on the market.
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2019 02:30 Send this review to a friend
Worked well  Time owned: more than 12 months
You had o follow the directions..It worked as advertised..

Had it working with my Kenwood 590S

W4FID Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2019 12:08 Send this review to a friend
have 2 of them. Very good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had one on my IC-746PRO before I sold the rig. I have one on my X-108G. I installed one on a friend's TS-570. All were easy to install and configure. You do have to follow the directions and get the FT8 set up stuff done correctly. All work very well and are reliable. Tigertronics staff on the phone were helpful in getting the right stuff ordered. The X-108G isn't a popular rig but they knew all about it. There is a caution in their instructions about wire size for the jumpers. They supply the right gage. If you use your own and the gage is too big it will stretch the IC sockets. But in 2 cases I used the supplied jumpers and in one case I used their plug in chip and it was easy/fine.

W3LI Rating: 2/5 Jul 14, 2019 11:28 Send this review to a friend
I gave up  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was using my SignalInk with a TenTec Jupiter.
It was a constant pain to keep adjusting the radio rf gain and audio level along with constantly changing The RX control on the device. Not very stable. I have given up on the digital modes. Not much fun.
No help from the MFG when I called.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2019 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had mine for years .works great for me .

K6TLA Rating: 4/5 Jul 14, 2019 02:05 Send this review to a friend
Good when working  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Works well when it works. THe radio interface is selected by a configurable jumper inside the unit and a radio specific cable. After making changes to accommodate a different cable type the unit would not key the transceiver. A user has the choice of buying preconfigured jumper modules or using short solid wire jumpers to set the output of the unit for a particular radio. The modules or jumpers interface with a 16 pin IC socket on the motherboard. THe female pins on that connector become worn and intermittent after the jumper configuration has been changed a few times. I found the preconfigured jumper modules wouldn't work at all because of intermittent connections after the wire jumpers had been used. Perhaps this has been corrected in newer production runs but it is a problem.

KB1QYH Rating: 0/5 Jun 20, 2019 02:20 Send this review to a friend
Worst product EVER!! DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the worst piece of ham radio equipment I've EVER bought in my life. All different kinds of documentation, nothing matches. The first thing you have to do to get this working is to take it apart and fiddle around inside!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! They give you little wires and you have to wire the jumpers to the board FOR EACH RADIO YOU WANT TO USE THIS WITH!! If you have two different radios, you are out of luck!!! Rewire it for the other radio! That is, if you can even find the documentation for your radio- EXTREMELY POOR INSTRUCTIONS are given. Also, multiple ways of connecting the device to your radio- mic port, data port, etc.... GARBAGE PRODUCT!!! I'm sending mine back and buying a plug and play Rigblaster Advantage instead.

Don't buy the signal link!!! You were warned!!!!

NF0G Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2019 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Working Great for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I like having the external knobs to adjust sound levels. Much easier than digging through menus. It is working great for all modes I have tried it with. Very easy to set up and operate.

NC7U Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2018 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Signalink USB and Linux  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the Signalink to replace the defective SCU-17 (CAT interface broke) connected to a Yaesu FT-450D. This freed up my computer sound card. The Signalink has great frequency RX response. Was able to adjust ALC and not over drive. The PTT light did not light but not a big deal for me. The soundcard chip (PCM2904 was easily detected by my Mint (Linux) OS. Also suggest purchasing the 6 pin jumper to prevent wiring errors.

KT4QF Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2017 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Alright... Ya got me.   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've long held the opinion that the entire point of having "soundcard digital modes" in the first place was to preclude the need for additional interfaces. Anyone who struggled with getting a Baycom TNC to work in lieu of writing a check for a KAM, or anyone who understands that RTTY once consumed oil from Western Electric can see what I mean. So, for the last decade I restricted my concern to PTT considerations and let the stock motherboard sound handle the rest. I saw no need for another unit.

Having recently gravitated to FT8 I started operating more digital than ever. I bought a new radio (FT891) and made some cables to handle the CPU connection. I heat shrunk a few chokes on them and went at it. Everything seemed to work fine, but I noticed strange behavior in my power meter. Tuning a second radio monitor my output, I realized I had a major ground loop problem, and it wasn't giving up easily.

I had been contemplating buying a SignaLink to make it easier to get on the air with a Mac I use for music production so I broke down and bought one hoping the isolation might solve the PC noise problem as well.

It did. As others have pointed out, it makes things much easier with cleaner output than by internal sound interface alone. I realize that some of the isolation-only solutions on the market might have solved the problem, but the SignaLink handles everything with much less complexity. As reluctant as I was to make the investment, I'm glad I did.

W6KKO Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2017 20:52 Send this review to a friend
Easy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two. They work very well with several radios I use them for:
- 817ND
- 897D
- 480SAT

From SSTV to PSK31 it gets the job done.