Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC Help

Reviews Summary for Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC
Midwest Technical Services,  Tim Moes WDØFKC Reviews: 83 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Reasonable
Description: Full Line Amateur Radio Repair located in Watertown,S.D.
More info: http://www.midwest-technical.com

You can write your own review of the Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDØFKC.

K2YWE Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2019 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent all around  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Tim repaired my FT-990 (AC version).
We had a brief conversation first over the phone confirming that it made sense to send Tim the radio. It came back quickly and fully functional again. The price was fair.
I can recommend Midwest Technical Services without reservation

W2LO Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2019 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Did Several Repairs   Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had Midwest Technical do several repairs over the years on ICOM transceivers. The work was done correctly the first time at reasonable rates and the turnaround time was short, maybe 8 to 10 days.Naturally, the time required may be longer if Tim has to source certain parts, etc.

Tim certainly has my vote and also my future repairs! Great work!

AA8OY Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2019 21:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Yaesu FT900AT that after many years of use for special events, stopped transmitting. I contacted Tim to discuss the issues and he felt it was worth repairing. I shipped the radio to him to evaluate and he very promptly replied with a detailed analysis and cost. I gave the go ahead and in just a few days the radio was back in my shack, performing better than I ever remember it working. I am impressed with the service, the quality of work and the responsiveness of Tim. You can trust this man to handle your repairs.

K8CIX Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2018 22:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service as always!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just sent Tim Moes of Midwest Technical Services my FT-450D for repairs. Came back in a week working perfectly. Tim has bailed me out more then once and he is always professional, Technically Superb and has more then fair service rates. Got a problem, email Tim and it will shortly disappear. Roger, K8CIX

K9WD Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2018 03:12 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent him my slightly Ill 857D. Had it back within 2 weeks. Very good price and communication.I would not hesitate to give him a repair.Seems like a decent honest guy.

KL7EZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2018 03:10 Send this review to a friend
Very Professional Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Mr. Moes recently provided exceptional service on my vintage Kenwood TS-430S & TS-130S Transceivers. I requested Tim to provide a comprehensive assessment/alignment and to replace parts and/or repair the transceiver as necessary. Most folks wouldnt invest much money into an older model transceiver, but these rigs belonged to my father (WL7BHJ).

The transceivers returned working great within a just few short weeks. Tim carefully packaged each transceiver for shipping and both were received at my home in great condition. The process was painless as I closely followed his shipping suggestions. Tim promptly and thoroughly answered all my questions via phone calls and emails. Tims fee is also very reasonable. Tim was sure to provide an upfront quotation on the anticipated expense as not to potentially do more than necessary. I will not hesitate to send my Kenwoods back to WD0FKC if future service is needed. I recommend Midwest Technical Services, Tim Moes WDFKC, professional services. Thanks Tim!

Scott (KL7EZ)

W8NET Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2018 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tim has fixed many rigs for me and my friends. The last (Oct. 18) was a Kenwood TS-830S Gold Label in awesome condition. I bought it from a SK estate, and wanted check EVERYTHING out. I shipped 2 new 6146 finals to Tim, and he did his magic: Replaced the band switch coupler, grid resistor; aligning the receiver; neutralized the new tubes; cleaned up switches and pots; re-soldered the display connections and thoroughly tested it. He even replaced a missing stainless steel case screw! DETAILS!

HONEST, FAIR PRICES, GOOD COMMUNICATION, FAST - THE BEST. I wholeheartedly recommend Midwest Technical Services. THANKS TIM!

SWLCHRIS Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2018 21:31 Send this review to a friend
TS430 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent Tim a short email regarding the issues.I had low transmit after replacing a meter light.I had issues with intermittent power levels and at one time the entire system shut down before coming back to life a day later. Some of these issues were more than likely of my own doing. He stated it could be a number of things.
So, I read the reviews on here as well as talking to a ham op in Utah who also recommended him and shipped it off on a Saturday,
It arrived at his shop on monday and he verified it arrived in one piece and would be getting to it in a few days.
On the next MOnday I got an email stating the radio was good to go. Parts were replaced , alignment done, coax connections repaired connections to the finals also repaired.
I get home tonight March 9th and see my box in the living room I had a huge smile on my face.
Well you can imagine how careful I was unwrapping and unpacking the box. Finally it was on my desk. Coax hooked up. Microphone hooked up. Power supply hooked up. Stepped back leaned forward to push the power button and wasn't sure what was going to happen since the last time I turned it on it shut off on me.
Tuned around on the 40 meter band, heard a F8 station and threw my call out. He came right back to me. Signal report of 5 7 . He was at least a s9+10. Contact made and huge smile on my face looking at my swr\rf power meter and seeing full power out. I just happened to look at the front to realise my proc wasn't even on and mic at 4 and putting out full power.That was amazing I never had a transmission like that the whole time I owned it. The receive was lot quieter the transmit a lot more powerful.All in all a fantastic job by Tim and greatly appreciated.
Fast turnaround , great work, great rates and excellent service all around.

N0GB Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2018 09:29 Send this review to a friend
FT-2000D Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent a FT-2000D to Tim for repair. I got it back in a week. Tim made all the repairs at the chip level and updated and aligned on all bands. The radio had taken some static charge and both pre amps, mixers and Rx's were shot. I am very happy with MTS. I highly recommend Tim for anyone who wants to get repair work done in a timely and affordable schedule. Heck, the shipping was more than the actual cost of the repair.

W4CVG Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2017 10:30 Send this review to a friend
I will be sending him all my work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tim is great guy to do business with, Does what he says and at great turn around time. I have been a ham for 30 years MIDWEST TECHNICAL SERVICES best I have ever done business with. This may go under my old call KA4UET new call is W4CVG. Would recommend him to any Ham needing equipment repair. THANKS TIM FOR JOB WELL DONE.
W4CVG