Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Yaesu FT-950 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-950
Yaesu FT-950 Reviews: 299 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $1840
Description: The Yaesu FT-950 is an HF/6m transceiver which features IF DSP as well as 3 kHz, 6 kHz and 15 kHz roofing filters. The transceiver can be interfaced with the DMU-2000 to add additional functions such Band Scope, Audio Scope, X-Y Oscilloscope, World Clock, Rotator Control, and extensive transceiver status displays, in addition to station logging capability. The optional RF µTuning Kits may be connected via the rear panel, providing improved selectivity to protect the receiver from close-in interference on a crowded band.
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/0950.html

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-950.

NZ5L Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2019 19:17 Send this review to a friend
works very well  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it used 5 years ago in mint condx for $800, and it has everything I need in an HF radio. I LOVE the built-in tuner, tunes anything I throw at it. The DSP noise filter is good for this price range, but not great. I get great reports on the audio, even with the stock mic, thanks to the EQ control. Selectivity is excellent, also quite stable. 6M is mostly dead, but if it ever comes back I have hopes of making a contact on that band. I just hope writing this review will not jinx me.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2017 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Nothing needed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The second FT950 I brought, an am loving it, (WHY) because using it with a G5RV is a winning combo in my book the radio hears great with very low if any background noise, an it transmits a full 100+watts on all bands it covers with its hand mike, if I do DXing with or without using my AMP a SGC-500w cube an a Heil Pro 7 headset it all works together nicely. The first FT950 worked good as well but did not know how to tune the radio as well as I do today, after using a FT9000D an learning how to tune that radio, the FT950 is a piece of cake, no extra filters needed to get the most out of the radio, hope I have learned an will not let this one go for a long time. ( a GREAT receiving radio), easy to tune...73s......kb6hrt

PY2KNK Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2017 03:01 Send this review to a friend
great equipment  Time owned: more than 12 months
I already have my Yaesu FT950 for over 5 years, and it was one of the radios I was most impressed with the quality of reception and transmission, and along with MD 100 Yaesu microphone I only get great reports.
I'm really very satisfied, cost-effective, really all good, and recommend it with my eyes closed.

73 to all

PY2KNK

ZS6MAR Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2017 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one for a 2 year great easy to use radio.
Must say the VFO very sensitive at times but still a great radio. Use it for DX and has never let me down.

K5AZE Rating: 4/5 Jul 12, 2017 19:26 Send this review to a friend
It seems to work well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At first when I discovered that it had a menu driven power control it was a deal breaker. Well DUH?
However I soon found out that you can assign it to the "CS" button and it is very easy to access, not great but not bad either.
I acquired this radio so I could venture into the world of pan-adapters and HSDR which I find the software install both multi-dependent and convoluted. It's somewhat gimmicky.
I'm not sure this radio is any better than my FT-1000MP, time will tell.
I have been inactive for over thirty years and have little to compare it to at this point except to say; it wasn't a worthwhile investment just to try ADR...

K4LSX Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2016 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Magnifique!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have two...love them!

VE1FG Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2016 04:54 Send this review to a friend
great rig no reason to upgrade for awhile..  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
hi to all my name is mike my call is ve1-fg bought the ft-950 not a year ago yet used and can say it is the best rig for its price ive owned yet.easy to use and has more than enough bells and whistles for me. added a heil pr-781 mic to it with a boom arm and have been enjoying it ever sence.best 73 to all ve1-fg Canada.

M3IUC Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2016 03:56 Send this review to a friend
BEST VALUE TRANSCEIVER  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have given this 5 stars simply because of value for the money. Ok there are better radios out there but not at this price i paid £800 for mine with the optional remote control and the voice memory unit and dust cover. from a display in a Ham shop good as new. audio is very good on receive and transmit after reading the manual several times to get the best from this radio, it is well worth taking the time to do this. I now use a studio condenser microphone with a phantom 48v power supply operated with a foot switch picture on qrz under call sign m3iuc.
some reviews have said they dont like the auto tuner , i will admit it is noisy but it does the job well , i am using a 119ft end fed long wire and a 9.1 unun and it tunes every band from 1.8 to 30 mhz without any problems.The radio i had before this was a ft920 also a very good radio but i think this one has just got a edge on the 920. If you can pick one up for under £900 and i know you can go for it you wont be disappointed.

N8QN Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2016 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Still Impressed...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Approaching 5 years of continuous trouble free operation.

K3KRN Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2016 23:08 Send this review to a friend
great rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this rig since 2009 and have not had any problems at all. I've done all the firmware updates and keep it turned on 24/7. by the way, the roofing filters work! highly recommend.