Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Advanced Communications & Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Advanced Communications & Electronics
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $45.00
Description: Emtron Dealer and Repair, as well as others
More info: http://www.advcommunicationsinc.com

You can write your own review of the Advanced Communications & Electronics.

K4AXF Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2019 16:44 Send this review to a friend
Top Marks  Time owned: months
I bought an Eddystone EC-10 receiver knowing it didn't work - actually completely dead. I tried a couple of remedies myself, to no avail. So when George said bring it on down, I did just that.

He put it on the bench, found the problem and fixed it in no time at all. (An open cap in the IF that I would never have found.) It was a pleasure and an education watching him troubleshoot.

George is a degreed electronics engineer, now retired, and is now devoting himself to fixing radio gear. He has all the test gear needed for anything radio - from DC to daylight.

Very reasonable rates; I wanted to pay him more than he asked for the repair, but he wouldn't hear of it. I enjoyed our visit enormously and look forward to visiting again.

N4DWK Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2007 20:57 Send this review to a friend
Amp Repair  Time owned: months
I've had an Emtron DX-2 for about a year and have had no problems until last week, suddenly wouldn't tune up on 160m, called George who owns the business, told him my problem, he said bring it out, he meant the next day, he was in the middle of a big project, but I misunderstood and showed up that afternoon. He took it in anyway and put it on the bench, found the problem, repaired it and sent me on my way.
I'm a happy camper.
He can fix most any amp, radios too, if your in need give him a call 434-237-8255