Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-200 Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert AA-200
RigExpert AA-200 Reviews: 28 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $475
Description: 0.1 to 200 MHz Antenna Analyzer with graphical display.
More info: http://www.rigexpert.com

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-200.

KN1R Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2008 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Test Tool!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my analyzer today and used it to tune my 6BTV vertical. This is a great tool. Easy to use and great frequency resolution.

Well worth the extra money you have to fork out to get one.

KF4LYU Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2008 12:54 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This analyzer is awsome.

I really love the extremely long battery life provided by the rechargeable battery that comes with this unit.

the MULTI SWR Mode function and accuracy are really a few of the reasons I actually decided to purchase this analyzer over a few others that I was considering,,,and I am really glad that I did choose this unit over the others.

the graphs are also very nice and makes it a snap to find the resonance of an antenna.

I also like the fact that the units firmware is upgradable via your computer with the supplied usb cord.

I havent used the software provided with the unit yet so I cannot comment on it,,but I am sure it will work flawlessly also.

this analyzer is capable of doing more than I will probably ever use it for, but I am glad that the featuress are avalable if I ever do need them in the future.

but if anyone is looking to purchase an analyzer, then I would very much suggest you buy you one of these jewels,,you wont be dissatisfied.

the only complaint that I have with the unit is that it dosent have a battery strength indicator,,but maybe this is something that will be added in a future firmware update,,other than that,,I cannot find any fault in the unit.

despite the one little issue I have with the mentioned above,,I'm still gonna give it a 5 ,,,I feel all the many pros with this unit are too many to give it a lesser score.

73's
Daniel
KF4LYU

M1BEP Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2008 07:17 Send this review to a friend
RigExpert AA-200, Fantastic.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I came across a Radcom review of the RigExpert AA-200. After the experience I had with the 259Z I was a bit hesitant about buying another analyser. I purchased my AA-200 from RadioWorld UK.

I am amazed on how well it performs on all the functions I have used so far. Iím only a beginner and I have found building homebrew traps and experimenting with antennas so easy with the AA-200. All the readings from the traps are very stable and repeatable. It can continuously check the SWR on all five bands at once on my Cobweb Antenna, which is a very handy function to have.

This is only a very small amount of what the AA-200 is capable of and the build quality is excellent.
It has a smooth, easy to keep clean keypad, and comes with an over the shoulder carrying case with a see through front. It also comes with a power supply/charger and its own Ni-MH battery - battery life is fantastic.
A USB cable to connect the AA-200 to the PC, software and drivers are also included. The firmware can be upgraded through the PC.

I cannot praise the RigExpert AA-200 enough at this time.

W4OP Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2008 10:10 Send this review to a friend
AA-200 Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Over the years I have owned the Autek, 2 MFJ259B's and variants, TimeWave AntennaSmith, AEA CIA, and now the AA-200.
Each had their flaws for my purposes, which include archiving plots.
The AA-200 is a full vector device in that it not only displays X but also the sign (and the equivalent L or C at the freq being measured).
Unlike the AIM device, it does not require a PC be attached at the time of measurement.
I bought mine from RigEXpert Canada as the US dealer was out of stock. The analyzer arrived 4 days later. To say I am pleased would be an understatement. I have compared results with my HP8711B network analyzer with excellent agreement.
The ability to model the connector's influence on results is a great feature.
Although I initially had difficulties with the software (bad USB cable, replaced by the dealer), it is now operating well also. One of the first things I did was go to the AA-200 Website and download the latest firmware and software- seamless. Support from RigExpert Canada has been outstanding also.
I would recommend this analyzer over any of the others I have owned. Rechargeable battery life is excellent as is the build quality.

VE3XB Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2008 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Accurate and reliable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Solid performer.
Spent some time comparing it to my ol' good MFJ-259B and every time AA200 was a winner.
First - the frequency range - AA200 can go as low as 100 kHz which I needed for tuning filters to fight MW interference while MFJ wouldn't do anything under 1.65 MHz. Max frequency is also higher - 200 MHz compared to 175 MHz on MFJ.
Second - very nice graphical interface that gives you whole picture of the antenna characteristics at once and you don't have to write down VSWR readings across the band to build the curve as you do with analog analyzer.
AA200 also allows you to expand the sweep so you can easily see all resonances of the antenna.
But the most I've been impressed by its accuracy when I compared it to the borrowed from the shop industrial Anritsu handheld analyzer - the readings were within few tens and sometimes few hundredths of the unit.
And last but not the least - its portability. MFJ needs 10! AA batteries to go portable while AA200 has it's own rechargeable one.
Great product.

YO3HJV Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2008 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent device for those who want to built their own antennas. For mobile or fixed antennas, this little device is exactly what you need to start tuning without effort the antenna.
Great job, great support. Works as advertised.

EB5ESX Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2007 13:20 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This one is just what i was looking for.
Before this analyzer i owned a miniVNA.
miniVNA is GREAT but you have to go always with a computer. AA-2000 is what i was looking: Don't need a computer to mesure but if you want you can connect via USB to a computer.
Great product and great support form Rigexpert.
100% ok.

SE5X Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2007 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Exactly what I need!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
AA-200 is a new, portable SWR Antenna Analyzer from RigExpert. I use AA-200 for measurements of my portable Buddipole antenna as well my fixed antennas. AA-200 is handy and easy to use and have all the functions I need. With this tool itís easy set my portable antenna for the best SWR for a specific frequency even when itís dark or rain. One of the unique features I like best is the RF signal Ė AA-200 transmits a Ďbeepí with different interval depending on SWR which can be received with a normal receiver when working with the antenna. AA-200 can also be connected to a PC via USB for more advanced measurements and screen dumps. This is exactly the SWR Analyzer I have been searching for long!
New firmware can easily be installed.

I'm just a user who would like to recommend you all to take a closer look on this unit. I give AA-200 5 stars.