Reviews Categories | Ham Logging Software | CQRLOG for Linux Help

Reviews Summary for CQRLOG for Linux
CQRLOG for Linux Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $0 - free
Description: CQRLOG is an advanced ham radio logger based on MySQL database. Provides radio control based on hamlib libraries (currently support of 140+ radio types and models), DX cluster connection, online callbook, a grayliner, internal QSL manager database support and a most accurate country resolution algorithm based on country tables developed by OK1RR. CQRLOG is intended for daily general logging of HF, CW & SSB contacts and strongly focused on easy operation and maintenance.
More info: http://cqrlog.com/

You can write your own review of the CQRLOG for Linux.

M5RFD Rating: 4/5 Sep 26, 2018 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Good, comprehensive logging program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only just started using CQRLOG, so I haven't come across any 'niggles' yet. And I only use it for listening logs. Installation on my (laptop) system which uses Ubuntu 18.04 was a breeze, just by following the instructions on the website.
Adding my first QSO details was easy. What is a little quirky is remembering that the various windows dont automatically lock, so the QSO list does not automatically lock to the top of the QSO entry window. CQRLOG would be ideal on a separate dedicated monitor, so the various windows as above plus dxcluster, grey line map etc, could all be displayed together.
All-in-all, this is a great addition to the limited number of Linux usable ham programs. As a long-term Linux user (15+ years), Linux is the only system I use on my laptop and its nice to have a fully-formed program like this.

NG7A Rating: 0/5 Sep 16, 2018 04:12 Send this review to a friend
Can't import ADIF easily  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not easy to install, great if you have a lot of time to waste. The program does not run without installing a separate DB. Does not easily import existing logs via ADIF -- only options appear to be importing files via online DBs like clublog and hamqth.

OK1DTM Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2018 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Great logging program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Working perfectly with Xubuntu 18.04

KJ7WT Rating: 2/5 Mar 7, 2017 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Could not get it to run under Mint  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried installing under Mint - I kept getting errors that seemed to indicate that MySQL wasn't running/couldn't connect, etc. Then after installing all those packages, I still kept getting the same errors. I also got a "It looks like apparmor is running on your system..." cqrlog said that running a fix would correct this - but no, it didn't. I suppose if you're a Linux wizard, and love fiddling with terminal commands, this might be a decent program, but I could not get it to run, and online help was not very effective. Most stuff I googled assumed a great familiarity with Linux workings/terminal commands. Not user friendly for noobs.

ON5HB Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2017 05:15 Send this review to a friend
Using it for years and years, love it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this nice logger for years and years.
Peter has done a very good job in writing this software.
Nothing compares to it, it simply contains everything you need.
Keep up the good work Peter, you're the man!

And if you run into trouble, Peter is always there to fix it.

73's Bas - ON2HB

K3DGR Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2016 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Logger...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been testing Windows and Linux loggers for years and have dumped Windows a few years back as being too bloated and slow, etc.. and installed several different kinds of linux distributions. I prefer the Ubuntu distributions with the XFCE interface as it is the most responsive and runs the hardware more efficiently. Installed CWRlog latest version and using Petr's script on his web site, installed the logger flawlessly. It is a fantastic general purpose logger which is available to all. I would highly recommend this graphic logger. Thanks Petr and Martin for a Professional grade logger!!, 73's Dave,aa3ej

M0DRH Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2015 07:36 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for Day to Day use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Been using Linux now for just @ 18 months.
Linux Lite, an almost Win XP like distro.

cqrlog is an excelent Logbook for day to day use.
Maybe a few features missing for contests/DXepiditions users,
but ay, it's under active development, and open to suggestions.

IK0DWJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2014 06:42 Send this review to a friend
One of the best and most comprehensive logging programs  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Cqrlog is one of the best and most comprehensive logging programs for radio amateurs. I am using it with great satisfaction on a debian testing (jessie). Some of my colleagues OM, windows users, are envious because I use cqrlog, when they, to achieve the same performaces, are forced to use privative software.
Thank you Petr and Martin its authors and developers, cqrlog you give us is really an excellent free software. Another equally important prerogative of cqrlog is that Petr listen to the desires of its users with regular updates, sacrificing his time with ham spririt. Petr, what you're doing for us OM is invaluable, personally I will try, in my limits, to give you some small satisfaction concrete, not only in words, with regular donations.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2014 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Log but not for contest  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent general purpose logging software. I wish it had also the features of N1MM contest software. For contest I use Xlog. With both CQRLOG and Xlog you can key the transitter via cwdaemon.

W9AL Rating: 4/5 Jan 16, 2014 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Best Linux Logger So Far!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using Linux off and on for about two years. With windows the best has been HRD and not having a linux version I had to change to windows all the time to DX, But now I can just use Linux with CQRLOG It's GREAT. I just wish I knew linux better so I can completely use CQRLOG and all it's great programs.