Reviews Categories | Ham Logging Software | CQRLOG for Linux Help

Reviews Summary for CQRLOG for Linux
CQRLOG for Linux Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $0 - free
Description: CQRLOG is an advanced ham radio logger based on MySQL database. Provides radio control based on hamlib libraries (currently support of 140+ radio types and models), DX cluster connection, online callbook, a grayliner, internal QSL manager database support and a most accurate country resolution algorithm based on country tables developed by OK1RR. CQRLOG is intended for daily general logging of HF, CW & SSB contacts and strongly focused on easy operation and maintenance.
More info: http://cqrlog.com/

You can write your own review of the CQRLOG for Linux.

W9AL Rating: 4/5 Jan 16, 2014 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Best Linux Logger So Far!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using Linux off and on for about two years. With windows the best has been HRD and not having a linux version I had to change to windows all the time to DX, But now I can just use Linux with CQRLOG It's GREAT. I just wish I knew linux better so I can completely use CQRLOG and all it's great programs.

SQ5LTL Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2013 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've tried a lot of logging software. More in MS Windows.
In my opinion it is good to have a linux system, only to have CQRLOG. This program is very intuitive, fast, express support. Nowhere else you will not find anything like this.
I highly recommend to work with Ubuntu (32 bit) LTS

PA3GOS Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2013 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic logger  Time owned: more than 12 months
Through the years I've been using quite a bunch of loggers. Some of them rather expensive. Since switching to Linux, about two years ago, I needed a Linux logger. In my search I stumbled upon CQRLog. I immediately liked it and it has become better and better. The current version (1.6.1) is rock solid. In short: if you are searching for a Linux logger for your daily logging and serious DX-ing, stop now because this is it! Supports LotW, eQSL, HAMqth.com, QRZ.com, Radio control, Rotor control and so on.
Also, on the CQRLog site you will find an active forum where, if you ever need it, you will find help, news and more.

MM0AMV Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2013 11:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Linux Logger  Time owned: more than 12 months
Two years down the track and I cannot fault this logger. I have used it under PCLinux, Ubuntu and now Kubuntu 64Bit and it just works.
Integration with Fldigi is excellent, and support from the authors is first class.
Highly recommended.

Wallace MM0AMV

K8WDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 02:47 Send this review to a friend
After 1 year  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just wanted to give my 1 year review. I see some have had trouble, this is due to the distro not the program, I had some problems as well, but once I found a distro that would run it all has been good, and it did not take long, may be issues with hardware and the disrto, not sure. Anyway, I have tried all of them for a period of time and I like CQRlog the best, this is my opinion, to list a few DXlabs, good, but not for me, HRD, well talk about bugs, maybe the new owners will fix it, although at what cost to you!, CQRlog, just works for me, the details window is great, put in a call into the logger and the details will tell you if you need that QSO for a QSL, for CQ zone, ITU Zone, IOTA etc. I like that, the DX cluster works nice not a bunch of usless info,and the Xplanet is nice as well lists the spots on a adjustable world globe, the awards section is great and the filtering is fantastic no hoops to go through to find out what stations I worked in a particular state. and CQRlog supports SQL filtering not sure how to do that yet, I haven't need it yet.
CQRlog is always being improved, Its LOTW integration is one of the best, so simple, to use and set up, when you do a download it tells you what new ones you got including mode band etc, uploads one click of a mouse, it finds the ones that have not been uploaded and sends them off. nice, the next update will include EQSL support as well, looking foward to that, should be out this month, as I am typing this,
The integration with Fldigi is great as well, this is what I consider to be the best Digi program out there, and it supports free look ups through HamQTH.
All in all I think in my opinion that this is one of the better loggers out there, does what I need it to do, with out a 400 page online manual, I got it up and running in no time, and now can focus on the 180 page manual for my rig.
BTW Peter is also the creator of HamQTH so yes you guessed it this is integrated into the program, no more QRZ screw ups, because they decided to change something, While this software is free as are the look ups, through HamQTH, If you decide to use the program please buy Peter a cup of coffee, he needs it with all the hard work he puts into these two programs.
Oh yea it also supports QRZ lookups which is broken right now but no big deal with HamQTH available, all is good, QRZ lookups should be fixed with the next update.
To bad for all those windows users.....
Tom, K8WDX

WC5B Rating: 1/5 Oct 19, 2011 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Great looking, but unstable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It looks like it would do everything I could ever need. In my longest time allowed (about 10 mins) before crashing again, it seemed to be very nice in how it interfaced with LOTW and the DX Cluster. Unfortunately its VERY unstable. Not sure if its related just to newer distro's or not. Want to change log name? Locked up. Want to make a new log? Locked up. Accidentally put in two periods in a frequency? Crash to desktop. Want to restart and try again. How about bring that DX Cluster back up. Nope, sorry, Locked up. Its a shame, because it looks like if it was stable that it would be better then just about any log out there, linux or win. Paid or opensource.

K8WDX Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2011 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I switched to Linux at the beginning of 2011, had a hard time finding a good logging program, finally ran into CQRLOG, this is a great program I was use to some good ones on the windows side and had gone through several HRD, Dx Labs, Logger32, all were ok, Logger32 was the best, although it took a long time to learn and I still had not gotten close to mastering it.
I loaded up CQRLOG, and started using it. WOW I was on the air in no time fully set up and ready to go. works with Fldigi, which is the best program for digital, and has the best LOTW support out of them all. Peter is real fast to fix and issues that may arise.
If you work portable this is bay far the best logger you will find, here is why. when you load up your portable log, all you have to do is click on update data base, It will either up date the whole log, through QRZ, or you can search the dates and update that way. It will update everything that you could not put in while working portable, IOTA info, grid, Name, address, County, zones, etc...
Next lets say it took you some time to get that portable log loaded up, in the mean time you have made a bunch of QSO's from the house, its been a month, you load up you portable log, now you want to load them up to LOTW, no worries just hit the upload button and CQRLOG will find the entries that have not been loaded to LOTW yet and automatically send them off.
Try that with one of those windows loggers. I am a very happy CQRLOG user, thanks Peter for such a nice Logger that is very easy to use and set up. 73!

OH2GBA Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2010 02:57 Send this review to a friend
Best linux logger  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is by far the best linux logger I have ever tried. I would like to highlight the great support for CQRLOG. Just post your bug/request or any other comment to the cqrlog website forum and you'll be heard.

Perhaps LNXAUTHOR should have done the same? Or should just stick with the virus-like m$ experience ...

LNXAUTHOR Rating: 0/5 Aug 13, 2010 17:31 Send this review to a friend
awful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
decompressing the archive results in a non-sensical install and virus-like experience! AVOID! BEWARE!

KB4MB Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2010 06:18 Send this review to a friend
The best game in town for Linux  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great interface, updates are great, qrz & lotw integration are seamless - no complaints.

Nice installer (rare for linux!), and the rig interface via hamlib is great. The ability to capture info from fldigi and put inside cqrlog without having to do anything is pretty neat, too.

There are always things that can be quirky with linux software (sometimes function rules over form), so my preference for one window over several is my own problem - but other than that, everything is placed well, and I am very pleased that this software is still current and not abandoned.

For any contesters who use linux, there is javalogger http://www.qsl.net/w1jq/ which might suit you better...