Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Help

Reviews Summary for COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC
COLLINS REBUILDERS  - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Reviews: 122 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: We repair and repaint Collins S-line radios with many years of experience with over 40 years as an active Ham.

Our services include complete Laboratory testing of all the gear using HP and Bird equipment. We use all original documentation and maintain a stock of parts and an excellent selection of replacement tubes. This is now a full time operation now located in Penryn CA.

See the web site for more details and contact information.

More info: http://www.k2lrc.com

You can write your own review of the COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC.

K5ZSI Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2019 23:25 Send this review to a friend
Completely satisfied with Collins Rebuilders.  Time owned: months
For some years, my Collins 32S-3 transmitter hummed right along, perfectly normal during tune-up and with full power output on all five HF non-Warc bands. Then recently, it began misbehaving. First, the meter needle started fluttering in the grid position. Then grid drive began to drop until there was none at all and no power out. Finally, in a flash, the two 6146 PA tubes blew.

Now, I'm no technician, but I'm not a raw novice either. I knew I didn't have time to troubleshoot the rig, so I called Peter Wittenberg of Collins Rebuilders and described the symptoms to him. He invited me to send the rig to him. Not counting shipping time, it took only a few days for Peter to diagnose and correct the problem. Soon my beloved 32S-3 was back in its place on my operating table. I was amazed at how fast and good Peter is in repairing Collins equipment and boxing radios up for safe return trips home. I really shouldn't have been surprised though. Just look at these reviews! They're all 5/5!

Thanks Peter! I most highly recommend you--without exception.

K6CTW Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2019 05:28 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Service & Quality Work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Peter did a superb job with a KWM-2A, it operates perfectly on all bands and modes. It also looks like it is new inside. I cannot recommend his craftsmanship highly enough. The other aspect to service is communications, and in this area, Peter is once again at the top of my list.
When I finally get to a place where I can run an amp I'll be either taking it for check-out and repair to Peter first, or buying one of the ones he has already serviced and are on his shelves.
Short version - If it's Collins Call Peter 1st!

AC7XH Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2018 22:53 Send this review to a friend
collins kwm2  Time owned: more than 12 months
We have used k2lrc on and off for a couple of years now. This man is pure genius when it comes to any Collins S-line repair . He is easy to work with and unlike many, he returns your equipment pretty quickly. He is not the cheapest but he is one of the best in the business and if you need your Collins repaired you would not ever go wrong using his service

AIRATOMIC Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2018 21:02 Send this review to a friend
Collins 75S-2B Major Repair & Restoration  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I sent Pete/K2LRC at COLLINS REBUILDERS a basket case Collins 75S-2B receiver that was apparently hit by lightning. Pete did a near total rebuild and tuned it to factory specs. It came close to being a parts radio, but now itís a top-quality fine specimen of a Collins receiver. It took a few weeks from start to finish, wasn't cheap, but the radio required a lot of bench time and required a lot of specialized expertise to get back from the dead. Very happy with the work, and recommend Pete's services. I rather listen to my Collins now than anything else I own.

KA9DZR Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2018 14:16 Send this review to a friend
s-line service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
K2LRC Pete did a good job on serviing my S-Line 32S/753 repair an working better then when i first got the S-Line fast service an on time got good reports on the air thank you Pete ka9dzr Dennis

W6TLD Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2018 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Collins 75S-SC Repair/Restore  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Peter/K2RLC is a great and very professional for Colins radio repair/restore service.
I brought one of my receivers, (75S-3C) which I purchased at one of the auction sites for check/repair.
It took him just a few moments to identify the parts to repair.After 2 weeks of restore work, the radio is now working as well as the other most modern DSP rigs....

Thanks, Peter.
W6TLD/TAIKI IIDA

N7KD Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2018 09:22 Send this review to a friend
This is the Place to Go  Time owned: more than 12 months
My KWM-2A had been unused for about a year. When I turned it on it was incredibly noisy on receive and erratic on tuneup and transmit. Peter's shop is located conveniently on my route between home and the location where I have frequent business meetings so I called him and arranged to drop it off in person. He was able to diagnose and repair it in three days and it again works perfectly. When I picked it up he explained in detail what the problem had been and what was done to repair it. His rates are not the cheapest but would you want to engage the cheapest brain surgeon? He is a wealth of information which he does not hesitate to share with his customers. At this point I would not even think of entrusting wounded Collins gear to anyone else.

KC9KGG Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2018 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Continued Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an update of my 2015 review

COLLINS REBUILDERS continues to provides consistently high quality repair/refurbishment services for Collins equipment. Repairs are completed promptly.

Highly recommend COLLINS REBUILDERS

WB5UFR Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2018 04:58 Send this review to a friend
32-S Repair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Peter Just unpacked the 32-S and great reports on air. Information on what was replaced along with description was detailed.
Thanks
Wayne
WB5UFR

K2NX Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2018 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Saving my KWM-2A  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kudos to Peter for bringing my KWM-2A back from the nearly dead. I acquired the Radio used about 6 years ago. It developed a problem with reduced output in the LSB mode early in 2017 and I chose K2LRC to tackle the matter based on reviews of his work. I chose wisely. Peter provided detailed guidance on packing and shipping the radio. He not only corrected the LSB problem but also spotted several other issues including a cold solder and a binding PTO shaft. Before making any repairs he consulted with me on them, gave me options and pricing. The radio came back to me in beautiful shape with a proof of performance chart showing receive sensitivity and TPO on each band. I highly recommend Peter for service work on the classic Collins rigs.