Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Breedlove Antenna Mounts Help

Reviews Summary for Breedlove Antenna Mounts
Breedlove Antenna Mounts Reviews: 51 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $85
Description: Breedlove Machine makes a variety of mobile antenna mounts which are
machined from solid brass. The one shown is their ballmount with an
included quick disconnect.

They also make stake pocket mounts, and high-voltage insulators for use
with auto-couplers.
More info: http://breedlovemounts.com

You can write your own review of the Breedlove Antenna Mounts.

W1ADE Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2018 14:24 Send this review to a friend
NO more messing around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My mounts came yesterday. I bought a 3" puck and a ball-mount with 4.5" plates. Both are equipped with quick connect fittings.

I spent the rest of the evening mounting them to the mobile. I'll run some new coax today.

These mounts are fantastic. They might seem expensive at the checkout button, but their mass and simplicity and machine work make you forget all that when you open the box.

I put the ball mount on my LR fender (as our state police used to run their low-band antennas). I mounted the puck center rear of the deck lid. Simple and rugged, I don't know what else anyone could want in a mobile mount for HF.

Note that you'll not get any paperwork or email hoopla-just good mounts. I ordered on the 3rd of July and received my order on the 7th.

If I ever need another mobile mount, I'll buy Breedlove. That's the bottom line.

N0HWY Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2018 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Strong and good looking  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have a 2014 GMC Sierra with a tonneau cover and I recently completed my mobile installation. Yes, you saw me on the road to Dayton. Jerry's mounts fit perfectly in the stake pockets and hold my Tarheel and Larsen antennas securely. These mounts are beautiful and very solid. In addition, I have a quick disconnect so removal of the antennas before the car wash is a snap. Jerry's service is very fast and he answers all emails. I cannot imagine a better place to do business.

KC7YRA Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2017 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Solid machining at a cheap price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ordered a number of things from Jerry over the years. Every one of the has performed as expected. Whenever I have questions, a quick email exchange generally clears up any misunderstanding.

Once I get any of the mounts (or whatever I order), I generally modify them to fit into my exact situation. I drill and tap accessory points and security straps, THEN I put some type of finish on the item. All of the aluminum parts I've received have been without a finish or in it's raw form. I generally make my modifications then powdercoat. His brass parts are finish quality IMO.

WA8QQU Rating: 0/5 Sep 7, 2017 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Extremely Poor Design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a stake pocket mount that is completely unusable with my 2017 Ram 1500 with a tonneau cover. No thought was put into this mount at all other than to drill five holes. It does NOT fit over side rails as is advertised, the metal plate is ridiculously thick and prohibits the tonneau from closing, the NMO mount itself is centered and conflicts with the tonneau- all of which could have been thought of during design. He did offer to make one custom for me for $10 extra if I sent dimensions, so I designed on in CAD and he said he wasn't able to use that. I'll just get it 3d printed in stainless and sell the drawing myself instead of giving him a true thoughtful design. Now I'm going into hurricane Irma without an antenna- I couldn't eve MAKE his mount work. Unless you have a beat up 1974 truck without a tonneau, forget Breedlove.

K3TD Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2017 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Superb quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a fender ball mount that could be used for 6 or 10 meter FM. The ball mounts from commercial antenna manufacturers are unfortunately very poor quality mechanically and prone to rust. Jerry's hardware is all brass or stainless steel and extremely robust. The ball mounts are also more compact than commercial units. I am very pleased with his mounts and accessories. I found Breedlove Mounts at the K0BG web site at www.k0bg.com

AE4MM Rating: 3/5 Jun 27, 2017 04:43 Send this review to a friend
Update: Solid product, be prepared to do metalwork  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Update to my previous review. I've raised the rating to a three. The mount itself is well made, very solid, and when installed provides a very neat and clean appearance. There are visible machining marks if you worry about that sort of thing.
This would be a 5 if it wasn't for the fact that I had to cut sheet metal away inside my stake hole to make the mount work.
I provided, via email, the truck make, model, and year along with the make and model of my antenna to the manufacturer, asking what was needed. After ordering what he recommended, it arrived and we discovered that it would not work without cutting large slots forward and aft in the stake hole pocket for the clamps. Because there is not another similar mount that feeds neatly from inside the pocket, I cut the truck rather than send the mount back. While I'm happy with the result, I think someone who is in the business of selling pickup truck stake hole antenna mounts should maybe have a reference list of the roughly five standard stake hole sizes and pocket dimensions so they can recommend the correct mount, or ask for dimensions, or even just say they don't know. $80 is an expensive mount when competitors are $20, so the mount should come with excellent service and product knowledge.
My two cents.

WD5GBS Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2017 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Custom Mount  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jerry fabricated a custom hitch mount for my HF Antenna. I called him Friday afternoon and I had it in my hands Monday morning (he's in NC and I'm in TX). I had specified certain things I wanted, and specific measurements and he followed them to the tee! I'm very pleased with his attention to detail and the quality of his work. This is the second mount he's fabricated for me and I'll be back for more.

N9MXQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2016 09:55 Send this review to a friend
So-239 stake pocket mount   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this to mount my Opek HVT-400b on my truck. I thought at first it was a bit pricey.. but you get what you pay for..I may bust the antenna, or rip the quarter panel off my truck,but this mount won't be damaged. Install was simple, quality is excellent..

K9VUJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2016 16:06 Send this review to a friend
More than great mount  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my horizontal trailer receiver hitch mount. One word to describe it is awesome. It is built and I mean built. Bolts nuts bar material everything is oversized. If somebody in the parking lot backs into this, it won't hurt the mount, but might hurt the car backing into it. It holds my antenna and protects my rear bumper at the same time. No kidding.

Dale, K9VUJ

WL7CLA Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2016 04:26 Send this review to a friend
Best made antenna hardware I have ever seen  Time owned: more than 12 months

I have been using a BreedLove ballmount as well as QC and foldover hardware since 2009. Top quality and extremely durable.