Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing & safety gear | Wimo Low-Cost Fiberglasmast Help

Reviews Summary for Wimo Low-Cost Fiberglasmast
Wimo Low-Cost Fiberglasmast Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $30
Description: 19.69 feet (6 meter) long telescopic lightweight Fiberglass Tower. Pushed together this Tower is only 3.83 ft (1.17m) short. The Top Segment is only 0.15744 inch (4mm) thin, very flexible and on Top of it is a metal loop with a Diameter of about 0.16 inch. The Segments are fixed by pulling and turning them into opposite Directions.

On the Tower itself is the following Information written: Product Barcode 8 032578 592337, Product Code 2060600 Delta Pole, International Pro Serie Delta 600-6, Made in China, imported and designed in Italy by LINEA EFFE S.P.A.

At the Wimo Shop this Product has the Order # 18338.06 and costs 19 Euro, wich is 30 US Dollar plus shipping.
More info: http://www.wimo.de/framesetp_d.html

You can write your own review of the Wimo Low-Cost Fiberglasmast.

DJ1YFK Rating: 4/5 Nov 6, 2018 21:12 Send this review to a friend
Decent value for the money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used many different fibreglass masts over the years (Spieth/DK9SQ, DX-Wire, Spiderbeam) and recently bought the 10m version of the Wimo mast.

It's the cheapest of the masts I have, but as expected also mechanically the weakest. The surface is quite sensitive to scratches (not really a concern for me), the "fit" between the sections when extending the mast doesn't seem to be as smooth as with my other masts and most importantly, the top sections are very thin.

For my use case, a 40m vertical, this didn't make any difference, because I used thin wire for the top part (where the current is low), but if you plan to support a dipole/inv-v or a small VHF antenna with this mast, it should not be too high up. A more sturdy mast would probably be a better choice then.

DL7ISA Rating: 4/5 Oct 18, 2008 06:46 Send this review to a friend
Does its Duty  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The only Thing that I dont like is how that Metal Clip was fixed on top of the Mast, it was fixed only by pushing it into the Glasfiber Materiel less than 0.4 inch. I put a wire through that Metal Clip on top of the Tower but the clip EASILY slipped out like nothing when I moved the Tower to the side! I didnt expect there a Clip to be on Top of the Tower befor I bought it but if there is a Clip on Top to put a Wire through, it should be better than this! That Clip on Top has to be at least 12 inch into the Tower to have enough Grip to not Slip out that easy when putting up a Wire! When the Top Segment was flexing to the Side under the weigh of the Wire, the Wire in that Clip on Top simply pulled out the Clip from the Top of the Tower and the Wire fell down to the Groud.

The junk is only on Top, below it the Tower is much better! It fell down several times and the Segment crashed down because I didnt fix them well enough but the Tower didnt break and still does it for me. I hanged a 1/4 Length Wire on it to build a Vertical Antenna for the 20m Band with 3 1/4 Wavelength Radials and had to fix the vertical Wire with Duct Tape on the Top of the Top Segment because of that totaly useless Clip on Top. The Top Segmet is to thin and to flexible to hang a 1/4 Wavelength Wire for 20m on it, that Wire has to be fixed not only on the top Segment but as well on the 2nd Segment too with Duct Tape. All in all this Tower can easily carry a 1/4 Wavelenght Antenna with 3 Radials for the 20m Band. With such a simple 1/4 Wavelenght Vertical Antenna for 20m on this Lightweight Tower I heard on 20m in SSB Stations from Europe, middle East, America and Nothafrica, wich was as much amazing as pleasing. I would rate this Tower 5 but the issue with the Clip I wrote makes me rate it 4.