Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners/Matching Networks | LDG IT-100 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG IT-100
LDG IT-100 Reviews: 62 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $180
Description: The LDG IT-100 is the new tuner for your IC-7000. It replaces the venerable AT-7000, adding push button control, LED status indicators and faster, quieter tuning.
Specifications:
* 1 to 125 watt power range (SSB and CW), 100W on 6M
* 2000 memories for instantaneous band changing.
* Power rating 6M (50 to 54 MHz): 100 watts
* Controlled from Icom Tuner button on radio.
* Compatible with any Icom radio that is AH-4 or AH-3 compatible.
* Compatible with: 7000, 706 (all), 703, 718, 746 and 756 (all).
* Tuning time: 0.1 to 6 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune.
* 1.8 to 54.0 MHz coverage. Built-in frequency sensor.
* Tunes 4-800 ohm loads (16-150 on 6M), 4-3200 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun.
* For Dipoles, Verticals, Vs, Beams or any Coax Fed Antenna.
* Ready to use with included 1 foot radio interface cable and 1 foot coax jumper.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/products.php?cID=1

You can write your own review of the LDG IT-100.

AD4IE Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2019 02:48 Send this review to a friend
Love it and it-7000  Time owned: months
I have an IC-7000 in my truck with the AT-7000 and an IC-7000 with the IT-100 in the shack that I take for portable operating. Both work perfectly with my radios and have a wide range of tuning. I also use the IT-100 with my 9:1 UNUN and 53 feet of antenna and a 33 foot counterpoise. Loads all bands 40 meters and up. I haven't tried any bands lower than 40 meters. I should do that on my SOTA activation this week.

G8FXC Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2019 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Impressive tuning capability!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this to go with the IC-7100 that I use on our boat. I brought it back to the house to test it on my fixed antennae, but was not paying enough attention and accidentally swapped the HF and VHF antennae. I was thinking that the sensitivity was a bit disappointing until I realised that I had made a 5&5 SSB voice QSO with a French station two or three hundred miles away on 14 MHz through a 2m collinear vertical - the LDG IT-100 got the SWR down to just over 2:1!

Connected to a proper multi-band HF vertical, the results are excellent...

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2019 22:03 Send this review to a friend
updated review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't normally post multiple reviews for products, but this little tuner deserves another "5".
As I stated in a previous review, I operate FD on my buddy's farm. I use my 706g on a HUGE backhoe battery. I had used the little MFJ mobile tuner in the past, but I spent more time trying to get a match on my OCF dipole than actually making contacts (when switching bands). Regardless of a 'chart', it's just touchy....
I operated a few hours again this year with the IT-100. The difference is hard to describe, just switch bands on the 706, hit 'tune', instantly there with NO SWR.
Trying to protect the un-obtanium finals in the 706g that I hand carried back from Tokyo, the week it was announced.
I could NOT be more pleased with such a simple, efficient piece of gear!

ron
N4UE

K6PBL Rating: 4/5 Apr 14, 2018 22:45 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a 20M dipole in my attic that I tune with the IT-100. It allows me to work SSB and CW on 10, 20, & 40, and WSPR on about everything else

KG3V Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2017 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Mobile Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had an IT-100 tuner for 6 or 7 years now, and it just keep ticking without an issue. I use it with an ICOM IC-7000. Used it as a base Radio for awhile but then mounted it in my Ford F-150 pickup. It has been there for over 5 years now. Mobile environment is tough - high/low temps, vibration, etc. But this thing just keeps working. Would certainly recommend it to anyone building a Mobile station with an ICOM rig.

KB4OIF Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2017 12:48 Send this review to a friend
very good tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have a windom 6-80 meter up about 38 feet. It's a bit of a compromise on 80 meters. The IT-100 tunes it right way with no problems.

N7WLF Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2017 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Works Great.. No Problems  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The auto-tuner in my IC-746 decided it was time to quit. Repair estimates were upwards of $300.00 for parts and labor. I found the IT-100 works on my Icom and tunes better than the internal tuner did when it was new. And was less than half of the price of repairing the internal unit. This is definitely the way to go.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2017 18:09 Send this review to a friend
WORKS PERFECTLY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just attached this new unit to a new ICOM 7200. It is being used with two 53' end fed antennas on the roof. It tunes quickly and the SWR appears to be below 1.5:1. The speed matches any built-in tuner I have ever had.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2016 12:28 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a 10-20 OCF dipole on my roof. I also have the Icom 7300 with it's internal tuner. The internal tuner does well with 20 and 17, but miserable with 15, struggles a bit with 10 and cannot even get near on 40. I cannot get up the roof again to do any serious antenna trimming so have to rely on the tuner. When I had my Pro III that internal tuner allowed me to operate all bands 10-40 - quite remarkable. So I thought I would give the IT-100 a try but didn't really expect much. Well, it is tuning all bands 10-40. Yes, even 40 meters on an antenna cut for 10-20. It doesn't require a power supply as it gets power from the radio.

N1OIE Rating: 0/5 Aug 27, 2016 19:36 Send this review to a friend
Junk and terrible customer service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Mine went belly up after 4 months of very limited use. You call the 800 number for customer support, and it tells you to send an email. That goes into the ether, and maybe they'll get back to you. They don't. Finally I got a snarky message back (after having to contact HRO to light a fire under them). So I sent back the piece of junk, they got it back to me after a month, and it still doesn't tune my 40m antenna. Elmer loaned me a manual Kenwood, and am able to tune everything with that. I understand equipment breaks ... It happens. The kicker here is the terrible customer service. LDG is all good if you don't have a problem. I won't be buying another of their products, ever.