Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ron Baker - WB4HFN Help

Reviews Summary for Ron Baker - WB4HFN
Ron Baker - WB4HFN Reviews: 42 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Drake and Collins expert repair and restoration
More info: http://www.wb4hfn.com/

You can write your own review of the Ron Baker - WB4HFN.

N9AI Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2018 21:47 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Drake Work  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sent a TR7A to Ron because the output was low.
He did a terrific job fixing it up and getting
the output corrected.
I would recommend him to any Drake owner that needs
a bit of help.

N4PSE Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2018 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ron repaired my R4B; great communications, turnaround, and fair pricing. Do not hesitate to use this nice guy for your Drake gear.

KB2DHG Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2018 20:21 Send this review to a friend
repaird my T-4XB  Time owned: more than 12 months
My DRAKE T-4XB had died and after several attempts to repair it myself, I had to finally give into sending it out to a professional. My search for the best Drake Repair person pointed me to Ron. AND I AM SO GLAD I found him.
He fixed my T-4XB which turned out to have multiple problems. Not only did he fix it, it came back looking and working better than ever! His pricing is very fair and he is honest. I could not be happier THANK YOU RON BAKER!

K3XR Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2018 12:26 Send this review to a friend
FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ron has repaired two Drake rigs for me the first in 2015 a TR-4CW RIT and just received back from Ron a TR-7A both rigs performed like new his repair rates are very fair and turnaround time among the best I have encountered. Ron has more than earned all the accolades he has received here on eHam.

N3WNG Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2018 14:04 Send this review to a friend
TR-4Cw Renovation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my newly purchased rig off to Ron for a complete overhaul. Ron sent me a detailed invoice less than a month after receipt of the rig, with accompanying photographs. His prices are very fair for the work he did, but what really amazed me is the the appearance of the radio. If I didn't know better, I would swear this 40 plus y.o. radio came off of the assembly line yesterday. I have an antenna tuner and wattmeter in his shop now for a re-do. You will not go wrong with WB4HFN!

KJ7MX Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2018 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: months
I sent Ron a Drake C-Line that I had picked up for a very reasonable price. Receiver was weak & no output from transmitter. I opted for his "restoration" flat fee (plus parts) option which includes a lot of extra attention like cleaning the PTO, new blue vfo filters, repainting the white lines on the controls, tube socket cleaning and retensioning, etc. I also had him repaint the cabinets, which turned out to be very close to the original finish texture.

It was about 5 weeks total from the day I shipped to the day I got them back, so two weeks shipping total. Receiver needed an alignment, transmitter needed an alignment, new tube and a couple caps. All I can say is WOW! This is the 5th C-Line I've owned over the last 35 years and none of them have performed like this one. The R-4C is HOT, the T-4XC loads smooth to a full 140 watts out on my MN-2000 on 40 meters. They literally look like they just rolled off the assembly line in Miamisburg, and operate like it too. The price was a good value considering the amount of work completed

NW0Q Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2018 18:41 Send this review to a friend
NW0Q  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently had a pair of Drake Twins and an L4B refurbished by Mr. Baker. The end result was amazing; extremely high quality work and attention to detail. Prices were more than fair for the work done. It was a pleasure to work with Mr. Baker. He is patient, knowledgeable, and an excellent communicator. His services are highly recommended!

KG6AQZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2017 10:23 Send this review to a friend
TR-7 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 15+ years of great service, my trusty TR-7 began to act up.The digital readout ran wild rendering the radio unusable.Ron did a super repair but then the readout failed again.Ron found the trouble was a translator board which was replaced, solving the problem.He repainted the case a second time with like-new results.The TR-7 looks and acts like a new radio.A special surprise was the PTO.The smoothness is unbelievable and a pleasure to use.Overall, the radio looks to be good for another 15 years. Tnx Ron.

KK0DJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2017 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Old World Quality and Integrity  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Simply put, Ron knows how to do business and please his customers. It isn't just that he is a master at repair, no. It isn't just that his communications are terrific, no. It's not just the fact that he spends more time and effort than anyone else and gives that little bit more, no. Ron is a Ham that the world will miss terribly when is time to add SK to his call comes. There will not be another business that could take up where he ends... so Ron, here's to many more years of health and energy! My TR7 is just like it was when it came off the factory floor... in many cases better. Thank you for your quality, your integrity and your honor. 73 de KK0DJ

N9JCQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2017 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Experience!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I asked Ron to check out issues I had with my Drake TR7. He did a thorough job evaluating all the ills with the radio and made recommendations as how to get it right. He did a great job fixing and aligning the radio.

I have had it for 15 years and this is the best operating condition the radio has been in. He is very thorough and detailed. You can see why he gets the high marks he does. I would strongly recommend Ron for your repair work. You will not be disappointed.