Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Help

Reviews Summary for EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL
EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Reviews: 67 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $74
Description: EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL is a add-on controller for azimuth-rotors. It supports the control of various rotors by a standard RS232-interface. It might be installed directly into the rotor-controllers housing or in an external housing.
More info: http://schmidt-alba.de

You can write your own review of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL.

DF2JP Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2018 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second review for the ERC.
My module built years ago did not survive a lightning strike. So I needed a new module. Since in the meantime, in addition to the KR-400 still another KR-500 is available, Azimut and Elevation should of course be operated.
So my choice fell on the kits ERC-M and two rotor cards.
One day after ordering the kits arrived here.
The assembly went quickly, but after the check I had to find out that I had soldered the daughter board (USB module) wrong down here. After I had desoldered the module and installed it correctly the first function test came. Although the FTDI driver installed itself immediately, communication with the RC-M was not possible. On inquiry with the designer, Rene DF9GR, I sent back the ERC-M Thursday morning, Friday afternoon the package arrived at Rene (15:30 o'clock) At 18:15 I got a mail, found errors, repaired I send back tomorrow. That's what I call "customer service".
The error was caused by desoldering. A through-plating on the USB module had no contact.
If you are looking for a good, inexpensive computer control for your rotator, have a look at the ERC-System.
Simply excellent.

WU6X Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2018 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Easy Rotor Control Kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just finished building, testing, calibrating and installing the ERC Easy Rotor Control Kit sold through Vibroplex for my Yaesu G-800S rotator. This kit is engineered in Germany, so you can imagine the precise construction ... the instruction manual wasn't too bad either, and the software works well. Once calibrated, the software presents a compass rose on your computer where you can manually or automatically control the rotor, with available presets for "park" and favorite positions. An intermediate-level build, it was great fun to put it together and it works as advertised. Dennis, WU6X

WM5DX Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2018 05:15 Send this review to a friend
Great product and service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the ERC Mini SDX for my Yaesu G-800SDX on Monday from Vibroplex. It arrived on Saturday, well packed with instructions, parts and CD. Installation of the circuit board inside the Yaesu controller case was very quick and easy. The CD had all the needed files but I could not get a new virtual port to come up on the Windows 10 PC. I sent an e-mail to Rene in Germany and had a response (on Saturday) within an hour. Heavy storms stopped everything until Sunday. On Sunday Rene linked up with me on Teamviewer and within a few minutes he had the problem (with my PC) fixed. I purchased the ERC because although it can be controlled by a logging program I wanted to be able to control the rotor independently of a logging program. The included software enables that. I can now hide the controller in a closet or under the desk and control the rotor from the PC screen. It works very well and is very accurate. I am so pleased that I am placing an order for a second ERC to control another rotor on my other tower. The product is great and the service from Rene is outstanding.

N0AN Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2018 05:31 Send this review to a friend
Superb Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was having bad drift problems with the Digi-Master 232 USB interface for my Yaesu G1000-DXA Rotor. It would never stop in the same place twice when turning from CCW to CW. The seller indicated it was caused by my ground connection not being sufficient. I saw constant "jitter" (changing direction indication by up to 10 to 15 degrees while sitting still).

I replaced that with the fully assembled ER Mini-DX usb interface (sold by Vibroplex) and doing nothing more than dropping in the new interface and doing the calibration, solved my "jitter" problems.

Now when I tell the program to turn my antenna to 270, it goes to 270 not 255 or 265...the max error I see is about 1 degree (comparing the software command to the actual rotor position (face of box). There is no longer any position jitter while the rotor is stationary. It sits dead on the heading it had turned to.

Yes, it is more espensive than the prior interface, but at least it works. I am now using it with pstRotatorAz (a WONDERFUL) control program, which looks at WSJT-X and moves the antenna to the direction of either the call sign or grid square reported by WSJT-X. Grid squares have priority.

Now, if I call a station on FT8 or MSK144 or JT9H (FAST), the antenna will automatically turn to the correct heading and not drift around.

Very satisified, highly recommmended.

73, N0AN

N7LRA Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2018 13:34 Send this review to a friend
Perfect!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the ERC "Mini DX" rotator control (USB) for use with my Yaesu G-1000 DXA and HRD. The unit is exactly what I was looking for. Unit came with the correct interface cable for my rotator control box, software, and great instructions. Within minutes everything was connected and working perfectly. Great product!

DL2NED Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2018 15:15 Send this review to a friend
excellent device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the ERC-MINI SDX for my 25 years old Yaesu G-1000SDX short before xmas.
It took 20 minutes to install the ready to use board and 10 minutes for calibration according the excellent manual.
I have attached the rotor interface to my HDR Software.
Very easy and very quick installation. The manual is very excellent and easy to read.

KF4FC Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2017 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent-Great Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
In the 80's I had a satellite setup in our old house. Since we moved I have retired and wanted to setup a new satellite station and chose the ERC-M to control my Yaesu G-5500 for my M2 2 meter and 70 cm antennas. The kit went together without a hitch (and this was the first kit I had built in a while). I have had occasion to contact Rene on at least three occasions for support. He ALWAYS answers his emails for support within 24 hours and on this most recent event we used Skype and Teamviewer and he was able to load a new driver for me within a few minutes. I should add that NONE of the needed support events were due to his product. Two were during my change of computer and operating system and the last was an issue that arose after installing a Flex Radio. I have never had such excellent support for a product. I do not think one could go wrong purchasing one of his products.

PY7RP Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2017 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own an ERC-M dual axis rotor control by DF9GR. I use it to remote control my 2 x Hy-Gain T2X over the internet. I bought it in kit form with ethernet port support. I am not good in eletronics but i could myself assemble the kit without any problems. The documentation is very detailed and once you read it carefully you wont be disapointed after the assembly. It worked at first, no headaches. I really recommend. Rene, DF9GR also maintain a fabulous customer support and even offered remote access support to my PC in case of any configuration issue.

W1AJT Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2017 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Functionality & Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Yaesu G-800SA controller became non-linear; 330 degrees was 330 degrees but 50 degrees showed as 0 degrees and full clockwise rotation showed as 90 degrees on the controller but the antenna was at 270 degrees. I tried to buy a used controller but was getting prices from $250 to $350 when a new complete G-800DXA was $480. The factory cannot fix these controllers and although I have someone that can fix it, it would have been a tedious process.
I saw eHam reviews of the ERC controller boards. Rene at ERC assured me the board would get me back to accurate pointing besides the benefits of SW control. I bought the assembled USB version and couldn't be happier. The build quality is excellent and the accessories shipped with it have everything needed. For my case it was six wires that had to be integrated into the Yaesu controller. The ERC worked immediately and after the extended calibration just works great. I used the ERC control utility and N1MM rotor - both function perfectly with no effort there are many more SW packages the work also. If you have a flakey controller that can still turn the antenna or want a SW interface this is the best possible solution. Thanks for a great solution at a reasonable price Rene.

AB9YC Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2017 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Great addition to my rotor controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is great addition to my rotor controller. I bought the USB kit version and enjoyed the assembly. This is _not_ a kit for a first time builder. There is no solder mask on the PCB, and there are no part by part installation steps. But there are excellent pictures to aid in positioning, and with the small number of parts it was a fun assembly project.

Putting it into my G450A controller was a bit of a challenge. I only removed the outer cover and with patience shoe-horned the board into the housing and made the connections. It might have been easier with a more extensive disassembly of the controller housing.

It works great, and as advertised. It works with several programs on both Linux and Windows. A great addition to my station.