Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Help

Reviews Summary for EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL
EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Reviews: 70 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $74
Description: EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL is a add-on controller for azimuth-rotors. It supports the control of various rotors by a standard RS232-interface. It might be installed directly into the rotor-controllers housing or in an external housing.
More info: http://schmidt-alba.de

You can write your own review of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL.

VA2CST Rating: 2/5 Oct 7, 2019 03:39 Send this review to a friend
Good product but horrible support.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the ERC-M (assembled kit at 129USD) to control the G5500. Hook it up and it works great under PC or Mac, detected USB with no issue. Calibration software is helpful. The unit perform as it should. I got the control board with the tiny enclosure (without the LCD readout). Good clear documentation included on CD.

The negative, we are told to get the ERC-M through Vibroblex for Canadian or USA costomers. EXPENSIVE shipping charges for that tiny parcel and it took 3.5 weeks to get that little board to Canada from USA. HORRIBLE support from vibroplex, 4 email got NEVER ansered.

2/5 star, the product is doing it's job properly, well documented but it is the most expensive product out there for rotor control. Other solution should be considered over that ERC-M in my opinion. Total cost in $CA turned out to be way out of budget for this tiny part. I could have get 3 other controllers WITH LCD readout for the same price of one ERC-M without LCD readout...

I would not buy again base on the bad communication and horrible shipping charges from Vibroplex. First and last item I get from Vibroplex.

IW1AYD Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2019 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Seamless integration  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all.
I'd just started to work with ERC-mini connected to a YAESU 2800 DXC. The worst thing was the bad quality of the YAESU mini-din female on the rear panel of the control box. Inner plastic and outer metallic shield weren't not centered. But special whale fat make the trick. This had spread the elapsed time to go on air of some minutes.
Sice opening the box the first click onto a target is a bunch of minutes, no more than a handful without that damned YAESU back panel minidin.
The usual USB driver horror movie went solved flawlessly, just to set up a spare COM port number. At home I use Microham USB & ELTIMA drivers, other FTDI drivers and a physical COM port for K3 FW upgrades. Arduino and Raspberry also have their FTDI ports to be used over time. Well, after one minute of checkout, rotational extremes and firmware, the the ERC application was ready to point targets on the whole round scale.

The used time to go on air was of five minutes, including connections but not the whale fat spreading, USB driver & COM setup, checkout and preliminary overview.

After some usage I switched from the ERC app to the N1MM+ rotor application, with and without the main N1MM+ fired up, since it is well known for me: from the very first run of this last the ERC-mini was seamlessly working. Still having the YAESU control box relays huffing and puffing, but not my hands on it!

Result a seamlessly integrated box working at all, driven both by hand or purposed application. Why there are no six stars?
For sure ERC and Rene by himself will deserve a sixth star, there is the proof.

There was not any problem even from the commercial/sale side: any mail from me got a prompt answerback.In my personal case Rene also wrote back to me at first, asking details of my address. What's better?
I didn't try to ring him, but there wasn't the need.
RTFM worked? Oh yes, the ERC www site is very well done and maintained, there is plenty of informations.

Thanks Rene by another satisfied customer.

73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS Not any whale was armed, my reference about is a simple joke ... next, I am wondering to automatize also my YAESU 450 with my ALA1530: hands are much more needed elsewhere where servo driver operations aren't allowed in the shack.

CX2ACB Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2019 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Very good proguct  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I decided to buy the KIT for the 232 V.4 interface to use with a Yaesu G-2800DXA rotor
The assembly was very simple and its small size allowed me to install it inside the rotor control console, feeding it from there
After calibrating it works very well and is recognized as a GS-232B by the programs in which I have tested it with total success
I recommend the product
Oscar - cx2acb

Yo decidi comprar el KIT para la interfase 232 V.4 a utilizar con un rotor Yaesu G-2800DXA
El armado fue muy sencillo y su reducido tamaņo me permitio instalarlo dentro de la consola de control del rotor , la alimentacion la tome de alli
Luego de calibrarlo funciona muy bien y es reconocido como un GS-232B por los programas en que lo he probado con total exito
Recomiendo el producto
Oscar - cx2acb

DF2JP Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2018 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second review for the ERC.
My module built years ago did not survive a lightning strike. So I needed a new module. Since in the meantime, in addition to the KR-400 still another KR-500 is available, Azimut and Elevation should of course be operated.
So my choice fell on the kits ERC-M and two rotor cards.
One day after ordering the kits arrived here.
The assembly went quickly, but after the check I had to find out that I had soldered the daughter board (USB module) wrong down here. After I had desoldered the module and installed it correctly the first function test came. Although the FTDI driver installed itself immediately, communication with the RC-M was not possible. On inquiry with the designer, Rene DF9GR, I sent back the ERC-M Thursday morning, Friday afternoon the package arrived at Rene (15:30 o'clock) At 18:15 I got a mail, found errors, repaired I send back tomorrow. That's what I call "customer service".
The error was caused by desoldering. A through-plating on the USB module had no contact.
If you are looking for a good, inexpensive computer control for your rotator, have a look at the ERC-System.
Simply excellent.

WU6X Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2018 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Easy Rotor Control Kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just finished building, testing, calibrating and installing the ERC Easy Rotor Control Kit sold through Vibroplex for my Yaesu G-800S rotator. This kit is engineered in Germany, so you can imagine the precise construction ... the instruction manual wasn't too bad either, and the software works well. Once calibrated, the software presents a compass rose on your computer where you can manually or automatically control the rotor, with available presets for "park" and favorite positions. An intermediate-level build, it was great fun to put it together and it works as advertised. Dennis, WU6X

WM5DX Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2018 05:15 Send this review to a friend
Great product and service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the ERC Mini SDX for my Yaesu G-800SDX on Monday from Vibroplex. It arrived on Saturday, well packed with instructions, parts and CD. Installation of the circuit board inside the Yaesu controller case was very quick and easy. The CD had all the needed files but I could not get a new virtual port to come up on the Windows 10 PC. I sent an e-mail to Rene in Germany and had a response (on Saturday) within an hour. Heavy storms stopped everything until Sunday. On Sunday Rene linked up with me on Teamviewer and within a few minutes he had the problem (with my PC) fixed. I purchased the ERC because although it can be controlled by a logging program I wanted to be able to control the rotor independently of a logging program. The included software enables that. I can now hide the controller in a closet or under the desk and control the rotor from the PC screen. It works very well and is very accurate. I am so pleased that I am placing an order for a second ERC to control another rotor on my other tower. The product is great and the service from Rene is outstanding.

N0AN Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2018 05:31 Send this review to a friend
Superb Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was having bad drift problems with the Digi-Master 232 USB interface for my Yaesu G1000-DXA Rotor. It would never stop in the same place twice when turning from CCW to CW. The seller indicated it was caused by my ground connection not being sufficient. I saw constant "jitter" (changing direction indication by up to 10 to 15 degrees while sitting still).

I replaced that with the fully assembled ER Mini-DX usb interface (sold by Vibroplex) and doing nothing more than dropping in the new interface and doing the calibration, solved my "jitter" problems.

Now when I tell the program to turn my antenna to 270, it goes to 270 not 255 or 265...the max error I see is about 1 degree (comparing the software command to the actual rotor position (face of box). There is no longer any position jitter while the rotor is stationary. It sits dead on the heading it had turned to.

Yes, it is more espensive than the prior interface, but at least it works. I am now using it with pstRotatorAz (a WONDERFUL) control program, which looks at WSJT-X and moves the antenna to the direction of either the call sign or grid square reported by WSJT-X. Grid squares have priority.

Now, if I call a station on FT8 or MSK144 or JT9H (FAST), the antenna will automatically turn to the correct heading and not drift around.

Very satisified, highly recommmended.

73, N0AN

N7LRA Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2018 13:34 Send this review to a friend
Perfect!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the ERC "Mini DX" rotator control (USB) for use with my Yaesu G-1000 DXA and HRD. The unit is exactly what I was looking for. Unit came with the correct interface cable for my rotator control box, software, and great instructions. Within minutes everything was connected and working perfectly. Great product!

DL2NED Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2018 15:15 Send this review to a friend
excellent device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the ERC-MINI SDX for my 25 years old Yaesu G-1000SDX short before xmas.
It took 20 minutes to install the ready to use board and 10 minutes for calibration according the excellent manual.
I have attached the rotor interface to my HDR Software.
Very easy and very quick installation. The manual is very excellent and easy to read.

KF4FC Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2017 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent-Great Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
In the 80's I had a satellite setup in our old house. Since we moved I have retired and wanted to setup a new satellite station and chose the ERC-M to control my Yaesu G-5500 for my M2 2 meter and 70 cm antennas. The kit went together without a hitch (and this was the first kit I had built in a while). I have had occasion to contact Rene on at least three occasions for support. He ALWAYS answers his emails for support within 24 hours and on this most recent event we used Skype and Teamviewer and he was able to load a new driver for me within a few minutes. I should add that NONE of the needed support events were due to his product. Two were during my change of computer and operating system and the last was an issue that arose after installing a Flex Radio. I have never had such excellent support for a product. I do not think one could go wrong purchasing one of his products.