Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Help

Reviews Summary for Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa)
Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa) Reviews: 54 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $45 per hour +parts
Description: Most makes and models. Fast turn-around. Well stocked with original equipment replacement parts.
More info: http://www.hamradiorepairfix.com

You can write your own review of the Technical Specialists, LLC (Tampa).

N7EXN Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2018 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service and pricing  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had several rigs serviced by Lee. I live in the area and have been to his shop for a personal chat several times. He's knowledgeable and conscientious, and I cannot imagine him behaving in any unscrupulous fashion. In fact, a couple of times he's determined that the fault was operator error (K4DOFUS) and declined to charge me. I give him my full endorsement and I will continue to have him service my equipment.

W4LWZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2018 00:11 Send this review to a friend
Terrific Service   Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Lee of Technical Specialists for a number of years and he is great. He has even worked on my Icom IC-7800. I have never had a problem with anything Lee has worked on. He has a reasonably short turnaround time.

KE4XP Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2018 01:56 Send this review to a friend
Very knowledgeable with a fair price for repair!   Time owned: more than 12 months
Lee has repaired several pieces of equipment for me in the last five years charging a fair price. Not having to ship my equipment across the country was great with time and price savings. It seems like he is in my back yard; less than 25 minutes away. He will continue repairing all my equipment. I find him to be very qualified to repair equipment. Thanks for being there Lee!

K4UFB Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2018 11:48 Send this review to a friend
GREAT HELP/SERVICE  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just got back into Ham Radio last year and did something stupid to the transceiver. Lee bailed me out not once but twice. Response time was excellent and help was immeasurable. Had to go back to him to have him show me how to do several things and was always greeted with a friendly smile and an understanding composure. He has been my saint.

KW7BUM Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2018 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lee answered all questions and concerns I had with sending my radio.
He tells you how to pack and ship the radio.
His service was prompt and he kept me informed of repair status. The cost was less than anticipated, and Lee assured me there was a 60 day guarantee with the service.
I am very pleased with Lee and I would gladly use his services again.

KC9OET Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2018 22:52 Send this review to a friend
technical specialists is one of the most professional.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a lot of repairs done at technical specialists, and not once,have I had a problem with the equipment when it was returned to me, this is the most professional ham repair shop around, I would certainly recommend this repair shop to anyone for quality repairs.

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2018 22:50 Send this review to a friend
Repaired My YAESU FT 2000  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Yaesu FT 2000 quite transmitting, so I took it over to Lee.
All the finals, pre driver, and bias transistor were blown on the transmit side of the radio.
Lee asked me what amp I was using, and I told him an Ameritron ALS 1300.
He asked if my amp had sticky relays, as these amps are known to have. I said it did, and he told me that that was my problem!

I took the amp over to my friend Rod Clark KC4MMR, and sure enough, bad relays! Well, the relays had cold solder joints! Typical MFJ
Rod re soldered them, and we tested them to be sure all was OK.

My YAESU FT 2000 works awesome again, since Lee basically replaced the entire transmit side of the radio.
Lee has always repaired every radio I have brought him correctly the first time.
I feel fortunate to live a very short drive away from a first class radio repair facility.

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2018 22:35 Send this review to a friend
ICOM 7410 Fixed Economically  Time owned: more than 12 months
The guys on the 3910 Old Goats were complaining about my radio being over 4 kc wide and splattering. So, I took it over to Lee
He found it had a tuner issue that was causing the splatter, and gave me 2 options for repair.

Option #1 - Fix the tuner
Option #2 - Bypass the tuner

I chose to bypass the tuner, since all my antennas are resonant, and I have an amplifier that presents a perfect match to my radio.
Bypassing the tuner was also far less cost !!!

Lee did a splendid job on my radio, and now all those super critical members of the Net are happy, because not only do I sound good, but I also look good on their Scopes.

W1WAB Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2018 21:59 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lee has repaired my FT 817, 897, and TS-2000 and done a great job each time despite my best efforts to blow up these rigs. Prompt service, reasonable cost ... even goes the extra mile as when I had problems getting my TS-2000 to communicate with HRD (turned out to be a bad ribbon connector -- no charge!). Everyone at my club uses Lee.. as he repairs all radio brands; from the old hybrids to the recent PC-like rigs. Bill W1WAB

NS4SS Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2018 19:27 Send this review to a friend
The best and only Florida Ham Radio repair company   Time owned: more than 12 months
We Hams in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area only know of one and only one service company for our radio problems and that is Lee at Technical Specialists. He has been taking care of our equipment needs for quite some time and hope he will continue to do that for a long time to come. It is quite a drive to get there but it sure is worth the trip.