Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Help

Reviews Summary for CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
CLEAN RF   VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS Reviews: 30 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS
SPLATTER VIEW
AM MODULATION MONITOR
Various models and combos.
More info: http://www.cleanrf.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the CLEAN RF VARIABLE RF SAMPLERS.

WA4NDR Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2018 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Very good product and great customer service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My setup is 3.5 watts from a SDR driving a high gain amplifier so I had some questions. Tyler promptly answered my questions and offered to modify my RF-D for low power applications. My Splatter View 2K quickly arrived in the mail. The build quality of the units is excellent. I rate this product a 5 because I can't think of anything needing improvement.

KC2GNV Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2018 21:30 Send this review to a friend
This product is a must have for anyone with an HF amplifier.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the Splatter View and was interested in looking at my signal on the scope, and wasn’t really sure how much splatter I would find on my signal once I got the product. The Splatter View came extremely fast and everything was easy to setup and came with instructions, several cables/connectors. I can say that before I had the CleanRF Splatter View I never knew just how bad my transmissions were. I don’t think most hams really understand just how easy it is to check their signal with this product. Most hams will just tune blindly for “max smoke”, but this product is a must have for anyone with an HF amplifier that want to tune it up right. Just like every ham loves their panadapters to see the stations, the Splatter View gave me for the first time the visibility to see my signal out of my amplifier. Let me tell you seeing is believing. Not only did it give me the ability to see my signal in the oscilloscope, but it also taught me how to properly tune my amplifier. With the Splatter View it takes out all the guess work and makes tuning up my amplifier quick and easy. With this product I will get many years out of my amplifier. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a visual guide on tuning up their amplifier. I can’t believe how bad some of my “saved” tune settings were. I could now see clearly where I was splattering/flat topping in the scope’s trapezoid. Once I saw the flat topping I was able to adjust my amplifier tuning to be clean and linear. Now I can get on the air and be sure my signal is clean and linear! Thanks Tyler for making a great product. Thanks to you I am now linear!

Brian
KC2GNV
San Diego, CA

N9HLL Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2018 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Fantastic support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great company to work with, Tyler went above and beyond to make a minor modification on mine due to my unique operating conditions with a high gain amplifier and very low drive levels. Great build quality and works perfectly, Highly recommended.

AG4F Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2018 11:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product, excellent service and communication!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just started using both the RF sampler and demodulators from CleanRF / Tyler. I tried the direct connection to the unused tuner port first instead of the sampler, but couldn't get good consistent results. The devices from Tyler are very well made and very easy to use. The documentation on his website is fantastic, allowing even someone unfamiliar with the use of a scope in ham radio (i.e. me) to start getting valule immediately. The order was shipped very quickly. Tyler sent me several emails with detailed information and responded to my emails very quickly. If you want to monitor your linearity, digital waveforms, etc. this is the way to go.

WR6G Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2018 12:46 Send this review to a friend
Very professional product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tyler builds a quality product and provides excellent customer support! If you care about your transmitted signal this is the way to go. Buy the combo and make your scope useful instead of it collecting dust on the bench. If you do not have a scope they can be purchased cheaply on ebay. You wont regret it!

WA6AM Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2017 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Great product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clean up your tx signal.Very EASY to set up and priced fairly. Support is fantastic Thanks Tyler!

K7OME Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2017 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Simple and Effective  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Splatter View arrived faster than expected. The package contained everything required to install the product and connect to my o-scope. I read over the downloaded manual and had no trouble with the initial setup and calibration. I think I sent three emails to Tyler with simple questions that probably should have had obvious answers but Tyler answered them all within the hour with patience and thoroughness. Tyler is the best! He helped me get past the new amp jitters and into the world of legal limit power. I highly recommend this product!

WK6F Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2016 13:53 Send this review to a friend
tyler gave great help  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tyler will help you till all is operating correctly.
to keep you within 3kHz bandwidth,the need of these rf samplers is a must while running a legal limit amplifier.I was told I WAS 7KHZ WIDE BY A OFFICIAL OBSERVER SO THE NEED TO SEE MY AMP WAS LINEAR IS A MUST. NOW TRANSMITTING WITHIN 3KHZ. you can not go wrong so buy one!

WA4IRE Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2015 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I discovered that my amplifier was not operating in a linear fashion due to improper tuning. It was very easy to correctly tune the amplifier for linear operation by making a test count into the mic and adjusting the amplifier for the classic trapezoid pattern.

It was also very easy to detect amplifier overdrive issues on SSB and AM when viewing
the trapezoidal pattern. Reducing the exciter power output until the trapezoidal pattern looks normal corrects the problem. Adjusting the modulation level to 100% on SSB and AM is
a breeze when monitoring the trapezoidal pattern on the scope.

The Splatter Viewer is a great product and I highly recommend it!

wa4ire

KD1AB Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2015 06:17 Send this review to a friend
No More Guess Works!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
USPS 2nd day Priority became 5th day delivery, and I got RF-S2K / RF-D samplers yesterday. They really work. I have checked all my three amp's linearity ranges. I am working on my microphone settings.
I have been ham for over 50 years - all those years guess works have become no more guess works!!
Nice product, Tyler!