Reviews Categories | Ham Software/Apps - Other than logging | PstRotator Help

Reviews Summary for PstRotator
PstRotator Reviews: 50 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $21
Description: PstRotator - handles just about every controllable rotator in common use, provides automatic tracking for satelites and EME, and lots more
More info: http://www.qsl.net/yo3dmu/index_Page346.htm

You can write your own review of the PstRotator.

KU4SD Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2019 23:03 Send this review to a friend
Terrific Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This program is awesome. It was easy to set up and is very easy to use. The SteppIR control works flawlessly for me. The way it interacts with so many other ham radio software programs is amazing. Thank you to the developer of this software for making such a great program that integrates my entire station.

N7GCO Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2018 00:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a great way to automate your station. Works flawlessly with N3FJP logging software. Can't imagine not having it now. The author is very responsive to questions and problems. Sorry I waited so long to use it.

W6UV Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2018 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Does everything I need it to do and more  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been migrating away from HRD and the rotator control application is the last piece that I needed a replacement for. PstRotator fits this niche perfectly and does everything the HRD rotator application did and a lot more.

It interfaces to my Green Heron RT-21 controllers just fine (although one of my controllers was set up to use COM50 and PSTRotator only supports COM1-COM15, so I had to change the Com port number for that controller in Window's device manager--it would be nice if PstRotator supported all possible Com port numbers).

It supports many more maps than HRD does. It even let me create my own maps and install them by copying the map image file to the PstRotator Maps directory. I used a map generation website to create an azimuthal map centered on my QTH and after copying it to the Maps directory, it worked seamlessly.

Te program has a set of twelve presets that can be set to any bearing and labeled appropriately. Another way to point an antenna is to choose a DXCC entity from a pull-down list. There's a "park" button to move the antenna to a parking position when you're finished operating for the day.

N0AN Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2018 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Simply Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am active both on HF (all modes) and 6 meters (mostly meteor scatter on MSK144). I have a Yaesu G-1000DXA rotor and a DigiMaster G232 interface.

This software controls my rotor via WSJT-X software, although it supports a bajillion other pieces of software/logging/etc as well as a ton of rotors. What it can do, in terms of operations is truly astounding.

If you are in the USA, be SURE to install the FCC callbook (it's in Help > Downolad FCC database). Then in settings chose "Use FCC Database". This will result in automatically turning the antenna to the station you click on with WSJT-X. (Tracking config for WSJT-X needs to be done, first)

One can move from manual to "Tracking" mode by selecting it from the main screen. Tracking means get the pointing info from your "source" program. In my case it is WSJT-X.

All I do now, (when I want Tracking) is select tracking and any station (whether with or without a grid square showing in WSJT-X) that I click on in the Band Activity window of WSJT-X will cause the Rotor to point at that station, by looking them up in the FCC database that you downloaded earlier.

If you do not install the FCC database, it has it's own database for dx, but it is not very useful for inside the USA, because if the call isn't in it's database it will "guess" where W7 is or W4, or W1. For DX it works great as JA is JA is JA (pretty much), but that won't work for inside the USA. There is no reason not to let the program download an install the FCC database.

I can't say how impressed I am with the price (around $15), the support (email has been fast and helpful) and performance of this software.

I haven't even scratched the surface of what this program can do with a rotor.

What one other reviewer said is absolutely true: If you have a rotor, you NEED this software (assuming your rotor can be computer controlled).

73, N0AN

WB4OZM Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2018 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent software, super customer service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I could make this long, but I won’t. If you have a rotor, you NEED this software! Best ever and when you have an issue, Codrut is fast, friendly and very knowledgeable.

You will not regret this purchase.
WB4OZM
HC5DX

WA3GFZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2017 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Flawless  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this for 5 years with an ERC-M USB controller in a client server config. It has worked flawlessly and you can't say that about many windows programs. It works with many rotors and interfaces with software easily. Thank you for a great product.

PA3CEV Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2016 04:23 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Using this software in my shack since a few years. Works with every imaginable hard and software combination. I use it to (synchronized) control 3 rotators.

If you run into a problem, it's solved online in no time.

ND8L Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2016 05:21 Send this review to a friend
World Class Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned PST Rotator for a couple of years now and when I upgraded computers had some issues getting it to work with N1MM+.

A couple of e-mails to Codrut and everything is working fine. It never took more than 3-4 hours to hear back from him and his answers were always right on point. Codrut even offered to net op into my PC and help with any unresolved issues.

I can't recommend his software highly enough.

CT1BXX Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2015 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent again !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
In fact the last review was mine, but I need to return here again to express my experience regarding a problem I have had.
Without a logical reason I have a problem with ... no commands to rotator control neither to antenna commutator via relays.
After I have tried some changes I do not found any way to solve. I send an email to Codrut explaining what was going on.
And here is the reason for my second review.
Codrut very promptly offered his help to solve the problem and then, using TeamViewer the problem were completely solved.
I want express my thanks to Mr. Codrut for his help on solving the problem so rapidly, and at same time I would like to tell that whom uses PSTRotator are very lucky: excellent software and also excellent assistance.
If you are looking for a software to control rotator and antenna commutator, please give a try to PSTRotator

CT1BXX Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2015 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Superb !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Remarkable software and remarkable assistance.
Very happy with this software. Now I can control automatically antenna commutator, rotator azimuth and also handle the offset between antennas on same tower.
It works very well with ERC-M and my logbook Log4OM.
My thanks to Codrut for this excellent work.