Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Batteries America PB-42L Help

Reviews Summary for Batteries America PB-42L
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $$42.95
Description: Replacement battery for the Kenwood TH-F6A, 1800mAh Li-ON
More info: http://www.batteriesamerica.com

You can write your own review of the Batteries America PB-42L.

KRAPP Rating: 0/5 Oct 10, 2018 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Beware BatteriesAmerica  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a battery for my VX-6. Got the "nobatt" error. Complete reset of radio and got same thing. Put stock batt back in and all worked as it should. Put in another stock batt and all was good. Put BA batt back in and it got uncomfortably warm.
Emailed BA with this data nd was told "we never heard of this before".
Explained I wasn't comfortable risking damage to my radio with their product and wanted to return (3 days after purchase). Was told they would exchange but not refund, at my shipping expense. Told them I ,didn't want to risk another and would like to be refunded for the clearly defective product.
Never heard from them again.
I would suggest not risking damage to your equipment using the inferior products from BatteriesAmerica EH Yost... unless you don't care about your radio.

AB2ZK Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2010 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Great battery  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using Batteries America for 4 years now, buying batteries,chargers, and DC power cords for the following HT's: Yaesu VX-7RB,Icom 91AD, & Kenwood TH-F6A. In all cases the batteries have been exceptional.I've had no charging problems and the charges last much longer that the OEM batteries.In the one case where I purchased a battery eliminator that crapped out after 3 weeks,they immediately sent me another with no questions asked.Their PB-42L batteries are a quality product that I recommend without reservation.

NS7C Rating: 1/5 Mar 16, 2010 10:56 Send this review to a friend
Very short life  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this battery to replace the factory Kenwood battery that reached end of life after about 7 years of daily service. The replacement from Batteries America has lasted 1 year, and now only holds its charge for a couple hours. I contacted Batteries America, and they told me the warranty was 6 months and there was nothing they could do. Obviously the quality of this particular battery was poor, others may have a different experience. I won't be buying the replacement from Batteries America.