Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing & safety gear | MFJ-1906 Fiberglass Mast Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1906 Fiberglass Mast
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $139.95
Description: 33 foot "super strong" fiberglass mast, 33 feet extended, 6 feet collapsed, six 8-ft. sections, 13 lbs.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1906 Fiberglass Mast.

KD2BS Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2018 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Meets my needs on 40  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this mast to hold a 40 meter dipole, and it does just fine. I have the mast on the side of the house using 2 foot Rohn standoff supports. I guy it near the top with 3 thin strands of Mastrant guying cords. I keep it at about 26 feet. I could go higher but no need to and it's very solid in the wind using only a few feet of the top section. And, I can raise and lower it in minutes.

WB8VUU Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2018 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Very Usable, even for a Hi-Q TAD  Time owned: more than 12 months
We've been using our MFJ-1906H since mid-2013 as the mast of a Hi-Q 4/80 Tune-A-Dipole (TAD) mounted to our Full-Time MotorHome (see photo on QRZ). It's been great to use. The entire TAD antenna can be assembled (using the bottom 3 sections) and on the air in less than 30 minutes. It puts the TAD at about 22 feet AGL (w/ 1 Ft. retained in each of the upper tubes). When it gets breezy (not stormy) I just drop the upper tubes another 1 Ft.

The only negative I can report is that the fiberglass finish is showing signs of erosion (probably due to UV exposure). That is happening primarily on an exposed upper area that faces south during our 7 month "Snowbird" roosting in Sebring FL.

KB3BTO Rating: 1/5 May 15, 2010 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Field day worthy but not much beyond that.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If one is pressed to "get higher" then this mast will meet minimal requirements. This product is more fitted for wind socks and not much else. Once you, "Place a mark 1 foot from the end of each tube except the largest one" and do the math you won't end up with 33 feet.
Also, the top section is too flimsy and arcs under minimal weight - in my case a 20 meter dipole - even with guying at 2 levels.
It has withstood this past winter's winds here in Pennsylvania and it is relatively inexpensive and it will provide you with additional antenna height but that's about it.
Yes, it gave me additional dipole height; but can I honestly recommend it? Nope.