Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-microphone Headsets | Heil Pro-Set Elite 6 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Pro-Set Elite 6
Heil Pro-Set Elite 6 Reviews: 98 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $182-$193
Description: The Heil Pro Set Elite is the ultimate boomset designed for commercial sportscasters, podcasters and amateur radio operators. For nearly two years, Bob Heil and his design team have been working with broadcast engineers and serious amateur radio operators to bring the BEST headset containing the most amazing features. The Pro Set Elite oers dual side, full ear mu with high rejection of outside noise, speaker phase reversal, rugged attached microphone boom, exible to 6 coil cable and washable ear pad covers.
More info: http://heilsound.com/amateur/products/prosetelite/

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro-Set Elite 6.

KC0PUN Rating: 1/5 May 21, 2019 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Poor Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had mine several years, went to put them on and the left side popped out of its socket and dropped to the desk. Upon inspection apparently the plastic that retains the headphone had broken
and would no longer function. Sad thing is the cost for repair, S&H is almost halfway to another headset. I own 2 other Heil headsets and the construction on those is far better than these.

K7PG Rating: 1/5 Nov 28, 2018 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Very Disappointed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had My Pro Set Elite for several years.
A week ago I took it off the shelf to use on the Swap-Net I was to be Net Control. First off I was notified by the listeners I was intermittent. I quickly swapped to my hand mic to continue. I tried to trouble shoot for the bad connection, NO Luck.
The Quality I found inside was poor. I have other
Heil Products. My confidence was shot.

AB1MX Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2018 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Customer Support Part 2  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought newer ear cushions and the proper adapter for my ICOM IC-706mkIIG. They are comfortable and I go to them vs. speakers and desk mic.

W4ANT Rating: 2/5 Oct 24, 2018 18:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio Reports - Poor Construction  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using a ProSet Elite 6 with the HC6 element for contesting and DXing for a number of years now and have received GREAT audio reports. However, about five years into it's life as I was preparing for SS, I could not get any audio input to the rig from the headset. I ordered a new adapter as it is the weakest link in the audio chain (no outboard processing -> headset-adapter-transceiver). No joy with a new adapter so I called Heil and sent the headset back for repair. Heil repaired the headset by replacing the entire wiring harness. All good. I'll preface the following with - I'm not hard on equipment and this headset was stored hanging and not being thrown around the desk! Next thing that happened was the cheap plastic clips which hold the ear cups to the headband broke, first one side then both sides. I reinforced the clips with a figure 8 tape and nylon tie configuration. Yesterday, I found the headset inoperable again experiencing the same situation as first described above. I'm not going to spend another "minimum shop fee + shipping" to have this headset repaired. I like the audio reports I get with it but it's construction and durability have much to be desired hence the rating of 2 instead of lower. I really like this headset IF I could only count on it to work when I need it to and not fall apart without good cause.

KB3FTE Rating: 4/5 Oct 18, 2018 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Connector Problem   Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a revised review!

The connectors attaching the ear pieces to the head band started to break at some point after the warranty ended.

I do not handle my equipment roughly, however, in light of the majority of reviewers not having this kind of issue, I have to assume mine was an unusual case.

In response to my previous review Bob Heil reached out to me and made things right by sending me a new headset!

N4EEB Rating: 1/5 Oct 6, 2018 00:38 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
In ham shacks across the fruited plain, their lays small piles of broken Heil trash. There is nothing elite about the Pro-Set Elite. I just took mine out of the drawer to get ready for contest season, and the freaking headphones fell off the headband from failure of the toy-like plastic that they use to make them. I'm done with this company. There are at least other options on the market now. Mr. Heil has gotten rich off the misery of tens of thousands of customers with his poor quality.

W3NA Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2018 05:15 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my Heil Pro-Set Elite 6 headset for 5 years or so.
I have always received great audio reports on SSB, with internal rig audio set up on my FTdx5000MP and this headset. When I use my Flex 6500, I just unplug the headset from the Yaesu and plug it into the Flex and receive the same great audio reports.
Recently the mic became intermittent and I could not fix the problem. I had not abused the headset, so I didn't understand why they would break. Brief emails with Bob Heil and he promised he would take care of the problem. Actually he said, "I will take care of you." So, I shipped the headst off to Hell Sound and within only ONE week, problem solved. Needless to say, I am very happy with the outstanding service from the folks at Hell Sound. This level of customer service is so rare and reminds me how fortunate we are, as ham radio operators, to have vendors who are not only approachable but stand behind their products.
I plan to thank Bob Heil in person at Dayton in 2019.

NY2F Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2018 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Comfortable and light  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have enjoyed this headset for a year. Lightweight Very good audio. Coiled cord also a plus. Comparing to other Heil Headsets that i have owned...

SV2OEL Rating: 1/5 Oct 18, 2017 11:44 Send this review to a friend
WHAT CORD IS THIS....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
2 DAYS USE AND A DONT NOW WHAT I MAKE WITH CORD.....I THINK IT IS FROM CHEAP CHIANESE-SORRY-WORST APPLICATION AND I AM AFRAID A CUT IT IN USE....THE END OF HEADSET AND THE PLUGS I THINK ITS NOT FOR HARD WORK....I AM VERY SORRY BUT I PAY MORE MONEY FOR THIS HEADSET

KB6CA Rating: 1/5 Oct 17, 2017 10:01 Send this review to a friend
Very poor quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this headset from HRO a year or two ago. Last night I was copying cw, went to take off my headset, and the right side crumbled and broke off. A little plastic bracket broke off and the whole right side is hanging by a wire. Very disappointed as I had paid over $100 for this. It's unusable. Will not buy another Heil product.