Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | czech army morse key Help

Reviews Summary for czech army morse key
czech army morse key Reviews: 32 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $http://www.czechmorsekeys.co.uk/
Description: The key was made in the early 1950's for the Czech armed forces, presumably for the army. It was part of an HF base station which was called Type RM31 (although this may have been just the receiver reference), so the type name
stuck and was then associated with the key. I now think the transmitter was called Type RS41
More info: http://www.czechmorsekeys.co.uk/index.html

You can write your own review of the czech army morse key.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2019 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Smooth key to use

VK5ISO Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2019 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Marvelous key  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
These are marvelous keys for beginners and if bought in Germany, are extremely competitive.

Pros:

1. Lend themselves to very relaxed sending
2. Built like a tank
3. Inexpensive (one can still get them for 30-40 Euros on ebay.de)

Cons:

1. Don't have the precise tolerances of the Junker and if you try to regulate the tension below 60grs or so ,become a bit unresponsive,

2. Rather uncomfortable knob (for me at least!)

3. Very light and designed to be bolted to a mount. One needs a non-slip pad.

The rubber membrane inside the base of the keys clearly indicates that they are flame-proof keys, designed to be used around kerosene, etc.

In a nutshell, if you can afford to spend a bit more, get a Junker, otherwise, I think you would be perfectly happy with one of these czech keys!

HL1ZIX Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2018 06:27 Send this review to a friend
Best starter key. So good nothing will measure up after  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have 4 keys now, three of which are straight keys. One of them is a nice Bunnell, costing $90. Another is a $220 handmade key from England, which is gorgeous, but I have determined that this Czech key fits my style better.

If you are starting into CW, this is THE key to buy. I will be transitioning to paddles, but this Czech key is just a joy to use. It is quiet, and even the dits and dahs sound cleaner. It is the perfect key to start with, and prices are still fair. I paid 60 for this, and they were originally half that. I still feel like I got a bargain.

If you can get one, GET it.

I added a non-skid pad underneath, and it's perfect.

LB1LF Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2017 04:14 Send this review to a friend
Looks can be deceiving  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered one of these a couple of years ago based on the rave reviews and more-than-reasonable price.

I've found it is a joy to use, even though it looks a bit clunky - tension is easily adjustable, the knob sits at a comfortable height and it is as sturdy as they come.

This is only my second straight key, but I do not think I'll need more - this key is brilliant, very comfortable to use and seems indestructible. It would be a bargain even at twice the price I paid (Some $30 incl. shipping, unless I am much mistaken.)

K0INN Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2016 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Smooth as silk!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Been looking for a long time for one of these. Finally found one at a reasonable price on ebay. The Czechs are known for their high quality armaments and this key is very well designed. Very sure, smooth, and quiet. Makes me want to do some straight key QSOs.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2015 18:18 Send this review to a friend
one of the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Own 10 straight keys.Recently got an RM31 and find it to be one of my favorites.Superb feel and built like a tank.Heavy so doesn't slide around on my glass desk top.A keeper!!!

ZL4TE Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2015 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Very nice  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought a couple as the supplier had almost sold them all. Two great examples, very nice action once set up. I really enjoy using the key. If you get the chance to buy one, they are well worth the money

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2013 10:00 Send this review to a friend
great key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A limited number of these are now available from Karen, W4KRN:

http://www.his.com/~jrusso/ CzechMorseKeys_ 210613_USA/ index.html

Got mine yesterday, wired it up, made one QSO, adjusted it, made another, adjusted it again.

Very smooth key. Found the trick in adjusting the spring is to slacken it until continuous contact, then add just a bit of spring.

First straight key QSOs since I passed the General in 1959. Now have three keys side by side and ready to go: Vibroplex Champion, K8NA P4 and this one.

Bill

AC2KK Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 07:04 Send this review to a friend
This is a Very Nice Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this key after 40 years off the air because I always liked CW and wanted to work code again. The key is reasonably priced and is a pleasure to use. Took me less than 5 minutes to adjust it.

WA7KGX Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2013 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Beetle Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this out of curiosity with the ridiculous hope it might rub off on my CW skills.

My unit had a few tiny white specks on the top. A black felt tip pen made them disappear.

Mine came with a limp cord about a yard long terminated in a banana plug pair. It fits into a pair of banana jacks almost perfectly.

It might be possible to mod the extra contacts to short the key when the knob is pulled up.

The base on mine is not quite flat. There is a microscopic wiggle of the base as the key is used. If you apply a no-slip mat as suggested on their web site this might disappear.

They knob is a non removable army type. Its height is lower than some.

I call it the beetle key because it reminds me of a beetle.