Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | czech army morse key Help

Reviews Summary for czech army morse key
czech army morse key Reviews: 32 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $http://www.czechmorsekeys.co.uk/
Description: The key was made in the early 1950's for the Czech armed forces, presumably for the army. It was part of an HF base station which was called Type RM31 (although this may have been just the receiver reference), so the type name
stuck and was then associated with the key. I now think the transmitter was called Type RS41
More info: http://www.czechmorsekeys.co.uk/index.html

You can write your own review of the czech army morse key.

WA2DTW Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2013 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, comfortable key  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Possibly the best straight key I ever used. Comfortable. Easily adjusted.

REMOVED_KG9HE Rating: 1/5 Mar 28, 2013 04:57 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Curious,,,so purchased key based on eHam reviews.

New key arrived quickly. Action is much like Johnson master key,,,mushy at best,,not direct contact with preferred feedback but contact points like relay.

Case was damaged,,,back right corner of lid shattered as if dropped on concrete floor prior to shipping.

Notified supplier,,,he did not offer any relief, restitution or solution. Wanted picture,,,I guess to prove damage. No camera here and with so little invested,,,I tried to repair lid by gluing pieces back together. Phenolic slivers don't glue well. Patched the damaged corner with coax seal and spray painted. Key will go on shelf as oddity.

Can't recommend because don't like key action.
Damage unfortunate,,,but as I said not much invested,,,not worth return shipping and re-ship cost.

Biggest disappointment was supplier response to problem.

WV9K Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2013 17:30 Send this review to a friend
!NICE! Key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered from the UK and it was here in just under a week.

Made up a "Y" cable with a phono and a 1/8" mono plug on it and stuck it in the adapters and plugged those into the plug on the key.

I was most pleased, I think "buttery smooth" would describe it well!

I found no need for any kind of anti-skid feet or pad.

Still putzing with the settings, but even as it is, it is a pleasure to use.

Would never have thought, it looks so clunky but use certainly dispells that idea :). Took a chance with the 5/5 ratings and gave it a go.

Now I may try Straight Key Night, with my previous straight key (rat shack I think) I could just never get inspired.

Heh, this one makes me want to use it.

Not my Kent dual paddle or the Vibroplex Brass Racer, but for a straight key every bit as good.

Safe to say it exceeded my expectations!

VE3FAL Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2013 17:08 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this key from the UK supplier after reading other reviews by folks who have used them. I have a KENT straight key that has been my favorite among all my keys and cooties. The key arrived in under a week to Canada in the packaging described and in pristine shape. I opened the packaging and took the key out, opened the top and made adjustments to suit me after reading on the website how to set it up. I must also say this key performs amazingly and does practically send morse code on its own, it is so smooth and quiet to operate, effortless code. It is a nice welcome to my shack and will be operating with it for a long time.

EA5BLP Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2012 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Historical and excelent key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the key from the uk supplier. The delivery was very fast, only 3 days. The key is one of that pieces who makes feel you as a guardian of the historical heritage of telecommunications. Although I use most of the time my electronic keyer with a paddle, itīs really a joy to make QSOs with this very smooth straight key. I suggest to adjust it carefully, according with your personal taste. Take your time and test different spring pressure and key distance. Once this is done, the results is really excelent, as it is the almost perfect shape of the key. Really an old machine like built today !
I put three little autoadhesive anti-slip bases under the keyer (used for ash-trays and chears)but this is not really absolutely necessary. The key is quite stable.

M0GNA Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2012 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Superb...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked mine up on e-bay for just Ģ10.It came wrapped in its original grease paper, factory fresh albeit 50 or 60 years old.I pushed two 4mm banana sockets to the fitted plug and cable and adjusted the action to suit.Its an absolute delight to use,so smooth and quiet.Its built to last and is worth a lot more than the current aking price.You wont get a better bargin belive me.

IZ4KBS Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2012 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Amazingly good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned several keys, both cheap and expensive ones, but this one is by far the best of all. Excellent feeling, precise keying, well built, reasonably priced, what else ? Ah, yes: mint conditions even if it is almost 60 years old. Seriously, like brand new! I've never had a great fist at the straight key, but this one key has changed everything.

MM0IMC Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2012 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful Quality!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's unbelievable that this key is about 60 years old! It's a fantastic bit of kit...

KJ5XF Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2012 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Nice straight key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received the Czech Army Morse key approximately a week after I ordered it.
It's sturdy and arrived in great condition. If you have been thinking about getting a straight key, get one. The price is also hard to beat!

EI6IQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2012 13:17 Send this review to a friend
excellent,well worth the money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have various straight keys and paddle keys, but this key is such great value for money. once set-up to your desired requiments, it is a joy to send with. it sure as hell beats the crap out of my hi-mound. Treat yourself to a fine piece of equipment, because once they are Gone, there Gone.