Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | On The Air Communications Custom-Built Interface Cables Help

Reviews Summary for On The Air Communications Custom-Built Interface Cables
On The Air Communications Custom-Built Interface Cables Reviews: 111 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $22.50 and up
Description: On The Air Communications makes custom interface cables.
More info: http://www.w4ain.com

You can write your own review of the On The Air Communications Custom-Built Interface Cables.

WI6X Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2019 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent cables, service, phone, and email support!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Elecraft recommended that I get an enhanced data cable to connect my Elecraft KPA500 amplifier, Elecraft KAT500 tuner, and Yaesu FT-450D radio.
Phil made two cables for me: one cable from the amplifier's AUX to the tuner's AMP and one cable from the tuner's XCVR to the radio's Linear jack. When I change bands on the radio, the amplifier changes bands. Neither the E850463 Aux Interface Cable nor the Key Line cables (sometimes called a PTT line) are needed.
Phil patiently spent time with me on the phone to walk me through the correct cabling procedure and configured the amplifier's menu to work with my radio. Same-day email replies. Will buy from him again.
His contact information is:
Phil Parrish W4AIN On The Air Communications, 7304 Rainbow Dr, Louisville, KY 40272 https://www.w4ain.com (502) 713-0200

K0DLG Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2018 03:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Service, Excellent Cables  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Phil at OTAC constructed the enhanced cables I needed to interface my Yaesu FTdx30000 radio to my Elecraft amp and tuner. They work flawlessly. With the push of one button, my Yaesu radio automatically band switches the amp and sets the tuner to the correct tuner memory location for lowest swr. I would certainly use this company again for any cables I might need in the future.

W7TZZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2018 10:04 Send this review to a friend
First Class Business, first class product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OTAC was recommended to me by the folks at Elecraft for the supply of "Enhanced" cables for connecting their KPA500/KTA500 package to a Yaesu FTdx3000 transceiver. The response from Phil was immediate and my order was placed. The cables received are beautiful in their appearance, fit and finish. I had a question for Phil and composed and email to OTAC on a Sunday morning not expecting a reply until Monday. To my surprise my phone rang within and hour of hitting the key, it was Phil. He wanted to be sure his reply email went through as he had some computer problems. Now that folks is customer service!

W7HLR Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2018 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Above & Beyond  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All too rare these days, you run across a company and a person who will go the extra mile to help resolve a problem. Then, when it is determined that problem was not caused by their product, but another in the system, you begin to wonder if you were you just dreaming about customer service as you always hope it would be. Phil Parrish at OTAC is not a dream. He is a truly exceptional person and technician. He has my business for life and my highest recommendation.

W0RI Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2016 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Custom/Special Cables  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I needed a special cable for my shack, I turned to Phil Parrish (OTAC). After a brief email exchange and phone call, he confirmed exactly what was needed/requested. Shortly there after I received my new cables and they were perfect.
I highly recommend Phil to make your special need cables.!!!

Dirk
K9DFS

N8RWE Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2016 20:43 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Phil at On The Air Communications does a fantastic job making adapter cables! There's not enough space here to talk about the quality work that he does. Great service, communication, and economically priced. Look no further than 'On The Air Communications' for your cable needs.

W0ZS Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2016 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I placed an order with Phil via e-mail. He called me the next day and asked a few questions about the cable I needed. I received the cable in a timely manner. The cable works great. I highly recommend Phil.

K8PVD Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2015 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Great product, prompt service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the second time I've used Phil. As before, terrific service, great product, and quick delivery. Never a problem with his cables. The on-line payment and ordering process through PayPal is slick and Phil is very responsive, even over a weekend. Don't hesitate to order.

K6SBA Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2015 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Quality & Price = A++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OK, a cable is a cable, right? Not so much. I needed a cable for a Signalink interface to a Yaesu MKV. Sure, I could have bought it from the manufacturer or a number of retailers. But after reading all the "5" reviews on eHam, I had confidence it was going to be "one and done" with Phil. I received the cable a few days after ordering. The supplied cable was obvious first class as far as materials and construction. Of course it worked perfectly.

Phil's prices are very reasonable, and lower than any other reliable source that I could find.
Maybe cables are pretty boring; until they don't work. A cable from On the Air Communications, is just another item in my life I don't have to worry about.

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA

KI4DHB Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2015 15:50 Send this review to a friend
Phil is first class  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I phoned Phil due to being recommended by the people at Elecraft. I had purchased a 500 watt linear along with the tuner. I had also purchased a new Yaeseu 991, to use with the amp, as a portable or backup station. Phil not only designed and built the cables I needed, but stayed on the phone, to make sure that everything worked. Talk about customer service, Phil has got it. Will definitely order again, as soon as the new Icom comes out.