Reviews Categories | Microphones for ham radio | W2ENY base microphone Help

Reviews Summary for W2ENY base microphone
W2ENY base microphone Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $between $50
Description: This is a nice electret base mic that is offered with an 8 pins plug wired for any radio by your request that provides a clean crystal sound.
More info: http://w2eny.com/

You can write your own review of the W2ENY base microphone.

N8CT Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2019 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Good sounding microphone.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently picked up a newer Yaesu transceiver from an estate and did not have a microphone to work with it. I had a Radio Shack studio mic that I temporarily wired up so I could use VOX and try out the rig. It worked OK and I got OK audio reports with it. I ordered one of these desk mics from W2ENY and when it arrived, I hooked it up and put on the monitor headphones. I could not believe the difference in my audio. It was night and day difference. First thing I had to do was turn the mic gain way down, this thing has gain. The clarity of the audio surprised me. It was crisp but with a very good mix of highs and lows. I get unsolicited comments on my audio now. I am sure there are other microphones out there that would sound better or the same, but for the price, very hard to beat. My only dislike, it is in a plastic case and when sitting on bare desk top, it picks up vibrations and noise from the desk top, my solution, put it on a rubber mouse pad for insulation.

K4CWQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2018 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Good buy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I give this mic a 5 for good audio reports I get, the great price and quick service from the seller. I use it with my Ten Tec Scout and Jupiter. I bought a 4-to-8-pin adapter and it also works great with my Icom IC-718.
Only negatives are it's smaller than I expected, with small base and small wire. I hope it holds up to continuous use.
I highly recommend it.

W3MT Rating: 4/5 May 20, 2018 00:03 Send this review to a friend
Fast shipping!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob's quick shipping is commendable! The mic has a fair price and is all of what its advertised to be. The mic's element is red hot and won't need much gain. It could use more highs in the audio. Not a great mic, but a good one for sure.

KB8LKH Rating: 0/5 Jan 6, 2017 04:18 Send this review to a friend
COMPLETE GARBAGE  Time owned: more than 12 months
- Mic initially wasn't wired correctly, for an Alinco HF transceiver. Sent back to be looked at. He asked that I not rewire it myself.

- Mic had all kinds of RF feedback. None of my other Mic's did.

- Cheap build and quality control.

- Lack of willingness to correct issue. Kept wanting to blame it on being something at my end. Um... None of my other Mics had these issues.

W6UXB Rating: 3/5 Jan 15, 2016 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Cheap with bad QC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am giving it a 3 because the mic does sound OK but very cheaply made, mine did not work and I thought it was due to not getting phantom but I was wrong after rewiring the connector twice I opened up the base and found the ground from the mic element just floating around inside it never was connected.

N0RRS Rating: 0/5 Jan 8, 2016 11:02 Send this review to a friend
A piece of Chinese junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not worth the money. The mike did work a well and sound decent, but the microphone is made entirely out of plastic. The weighted base consisted of a bag of sand wrapped up inside of bubble wrap and shoved up unto the mike base. Bob said he usually uses fishing sinkers to weight the base but ran out...lol. To Bob's credit however, he did offer me a $20 partial refund, which I accepted, but if you're expecting a high quality metal weighted mike for $49.95, keep your money because this isn't the mike for you.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2015 02:56 Send this review to a friend
got me back on voice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been 100% cw op for the longest time. Just ordered this mic and have been getting excellent reports on my audio. And it arrive 2 days after I ordered it. Now all I want to do is talk to people!

KJ4RFX Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2015 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Super Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this mike from Bob and he accidentally shipped it with the wrong connector. I sent him an email and he was back to me in just minutes with suggested fixes, including the option of sending it back. We decided to have him send me the right connector and let me solder it on in place of the wrong one. A quick and easy solution. I'd do business with him again any time.

Bryan Jackson
KJ4RFX

K4NBC Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2015 11:30 Send this review to a friend
The best mic an at affordable price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What this microphone is super, Bob W2ENY makes a great base microphone at an affordable price and he shops fast too, and with the right radio connector attach no adapter needed

And I see the difference right away and th quality too, so I recommend this microphone.

WB0FTY Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2015 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my mic today from Bob. Made a half dozen contacts with all telling me it had superior audio and sounded excellent compared to the mobile mic and base mic I was using. I am extremely happy with it. He had it all wired including the battery box so just plug and play.