Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7410 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7410
ICOM IC-7410 Reviews: 110 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1,999.00
Description: Icom's newest mid price range HF/6 meter all mode base radio.
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/hf/7410/default.aspx

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7410.

KB9FMV Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2019 00:17 Send this review to a friend
BEST RIG I EVER OWNED  Time owned: more than 12 months
The NB and NR are unbelievably GREAT this rig has the best receiver I have ever owned! Transmit is outstanding ! If you get and opportunity BUY THIS RIG !

WU7X Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2019 03:37 Send this review to a friend
A real keeper!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was looking at the IC7300. Must have been color screen envy or something. But then looked at the specs, and at my experiences using the 7410 and came to my senses. This radio has a wonderful receiver. The NB and NR functions are incredible. And it is built like a tank. Max SSB output appears to be around 84-85 watts. I've never used compression so can't comment about that.

For the past year I have run the radio for 15 sec. 50% FT8 duty cycles for hours at a time. Ant 1 with an AH4 is seamless; one button to push and away you go. Running it with my Acom 1000 20% power output into Ant 2 and my Mosley TA63N gives me a clean 200+ watts output also for hours at a time. It works beautifully with my BY2 and Kent paddles when I'm trying to get a new country. In the past 14 months I've worked enough stations to be able to apply for digital DXCC, digital WAS, WPX, and finish my mixed WAZ. For a contester one might miss not having a second receiver. For a DXer like me this is a near perfect radio. Good form Icom!

KB7AA Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2018 15:33 Send this review to a friend
mike upgrade  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
very happy with my 7410! Have 3 other Icoms slightly older but use all. If you are bent on using the hand mike, suggest you look up ab5n.com. For about 50 bucks, he will upgrade the original cartridge in the mike to really pump the audio. Enjoy!

W0BKR Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2018 01:54 Send this review to a friend
Great ICOM Secret!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Did a comparison (on air) receive test between the 7410, 7300 and field. THe 7300 came in last. Now, to be far, may be some NR settings etc., but the 7410 signals jumped out much more so then on the 7300. Icom never really marketed this radio much but the receive performance is near or the same as teh 7600 and 7700 and much cheaper...can't go wrong.

W5DVG Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2018 23:51 Send this review to a friend
Really great transceiver  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Finally purchased a base (full size) rig for the shack. (Been running Yaesu mobile rigs along with my Drake TR-4C and HK SB-104A). The rig I purchased is a used like brand new IC-7410. All I can say is WOW! Excellent receiver and great audio signal reports.Use a Heil PR-781. Love the NB/NR feature. So....I purchased another IC-7410 like new as a backup. The IC-7410's are fantastic rigs for around $700 to $900.

KK4CUL Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2018 19:58 Send this review to a friend
My Second One It's So Great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I ended up having to sell my first IC-7410 and regretted it for a couple years. After owning the first one for almost a year, I had used it at least once a day. So when I found one for sale on QRZ for $150 cheaper than the one I sold a year and a half ago, I snagged it up.
Station is modest - Stock HM-36 microphone, IC-7410, LnR EF-Quad 40, 20, 15, & 10m EFHW slightly sloping from ~30 to 20 feet and a 25A Jetstream switching PSU. I also have an 1:1 isolation UnUn right as the coax goes into the shack. The built in ATU can match the antenna 1:1 completely from 60M thru 10M. I get ~110 watt peaks on 20 meters, and at least 100 on the other bands (SSB, RTTY); ~45 watts AM on 20 and slightly lower on the other bands. I receive frequent unsolicited comments on signal clarity and audio quality with MIC gain ~33%, compressor ~40%, TX bandwidth full scale, TX Bass +2 and TX Treble +1. I've owned 3 other Icom HF rigs, two Kenwoods, and a TenTec; none of them received as many comments as this rig.
The receiver is very good on 40 with my antenna. I've worked all over east of the Mississippi, a lot of southern states, the occasional west coast and Canadian stations already since I got this rig a couple months ago. Also a handful of European countries, all barefoot! The DSP Noise Reduction is the best I have ever used. Up to about 40%, it really helps calm down QSB and QRN. For QRM, the 3 adjustable filter widths with passband tuning work wonders to get that station running too much compression and a kilowatt! The autonotch nullifies carriers and tuners in about half a second and the manual notch is great for clipping off someone who is within 2 KHz of you. The DSP Noise Blanker is extremely effection for certain band noises as well as powerline noise. About the only noise it struggles with are Plasma TVs, which makes sense since that's so broadband and dynamic.
Enough with the technical stuff, how about operating? I wanted a full base radio. I've had a TS-830S and loved the build, size, layout, and amount of physical buttons. The menu system is simple: one main one for rarely changed settings, then two rows of function buttons that have small submenus of their own. Simple one button press band changing, direct frequency changing with one button push, and the knobs and buttons are laid out very logically. The built in speaker is mediocre, like almost all modern rigs but an external brings it to life! I use a 6" full range paper woofer. It also just looks great! If you want an easy to use, but extremely functional and customizable base transceiver for $800<>$1000, this is the one for you! Also, unlike the IC-746/Pros, each of the finals are rated for 100 watts and the whole back of the radio is a heat-sink, allowing it to be rated 100W full duty cycle! It is built to last.

MM0XXW Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2018 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Simply super!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
In the UK these radios still command prices (on the second-hand market) of between 900-1200.
However what you get for that is an extremely capable transceiver.
The menu is straight-forward and very easy to set up and the manual is clear and concise.
Tuner is the quickest I think I've ever had and the combo of NB+NR+Notch takes out the majority of the urban hash I get into both my vertical and dipole.
I have no real gripes with this set at all with the possible exception of getting the cIV and the USB to work in tandem which was a bit fiddly.
It's all been said in previous reviews but all-in-all if you're able to get your hands on one you won't be disappointed I can guarantee that!

K6TB Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2018 16:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started out in the hobby with a 706MKIIG, then upgraded to a 7410. Somewhere along the line I got a case of the stupids and sold the 7410 and went back to the 706. That lasted all of a month, as I bought another 7410. The filtering, passband tuning, notch, and noise blanker are all fantastic and make life easier when the going gets tough. The receiver on this radio is simply suberb. I have used a friend's 7600 extensively and I feel the 7410 has the better receiver! As others have stated, this radio is built like a tank; all it really is is one big heat-sink. Even after hours of demanding operation like RTTY contests, this bad boy is literally just warming up. The day may come where I get a 7610 or the current flavor of the month, but I will never unload the 7410 again.

W4HM Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2017 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Receiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased two Icom IC-7410's new before they were discontinued. The rig is very well built, the main knobs and buttons are well laid out, it's called ergonomics. The main knobs and buttons are their on the front panel for easy access, which means no deep menu searching. The menu system itself is pretty simple and understandable.

The receiver is nothing short of amazing. It has excellent characteristics as far as 2 kHz spacing IMD, better than any other Icom rig I've ever owned, which includes a IC-718, IC-751A, IC-746 Pro, IC-756 Pro/2/3, IC-7300 and even my IC-7600. It's tied with the Kenwood TS-590/SG and very close to the Elecraft K3(S).

On transmit it produces very high quality audio that get's lot's of compliments. I use the Heilk iCM and HM-12 microphones

It's a great rig and it's a real shame that Icom discontinued it's production.

The rig is also great as an SWL'ng receiver with excellent performance on the LF and MF bands.

If I had one criticism it would be the monochrome screen but that's what it comes with!

KE0OHO Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2017 23:34 Send this review to a friend
A Sleeper of a Radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Used off the Bay I could tell it had sat a lot by the slight dust settle on top of the big knob, I have had nothing but trouble-free operation. Iv owned 2) 746Pros that worked great but I wasent on HF yet!. The 7410 has a higher level of the systems in it, built into a heavier duty radio chassis and a smaller number of units sold, its not as popular as many others. Its a sleeper. Its a purchase that im very pleased with. Iv had many good reports in usb, using its 100 watts thru a LDS 100 watt tuner instead of the internal tuner, a Windom 133' dipole, my contacts have been typically using 300-600 watts. Doing very well in DSP using HRD. I would recommend this as a great second hand radio. Its been great for me.