Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-microphone Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

Reviews Summary for RADIOSPORT HEADSETS
RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Reviews: 133 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $159. USD
Description: RS20S Stereo/Diversity Receive with Carbon Fiber Finish. 24db Noise Reduction with 3.5mm Plug and 1/4" Adapter
More info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/index.asp

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

KL4QG Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2019 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Best Headset /Mic made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have two behind ear hearing aids -80 % and 85% hearing lost-63 Doctor tell me 3-5 years I’ll be deaf nerve damage for chicken pots-
RadioSport lets me use my spec aids and hear very clear -
First headset let me do that and no RFI running 1500 watts with my Flex 6400M
Owner also answering phone and helps with questions very honest answers
If you want best than buy RadioSport -Anyone with hearing problems he designed these work with Hearing Aid and u can pump extra volume to hear great-
Feel Free email me
Joe
Bethel Alaska

KE8ILV Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2019 23:21 Send this review to a friend
Best headset I've ever used.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've used a lot of high-end headsets (David Clark, Sennheiser, Koss, Bose, Heil, Telex) for a lot of applications (aviation, industrial, pro audio) in a lot of environments (cockpit, jet engine test facility, steel mill, laboratory, music studio). The radiosport RS20S stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the best of them. The RS20S has it all: robust construction, excellent fit and finish, long-use comfort, effective ambient noise isolation, and high-intelligibility audio. It has reasonable weight (18.6oz) for a full-sized over-the-ear set, and the large headband pad and gel earpads spread the weight out effectively. And the combination of stereo, 6kHz response, and low impedance in a listen-only configuration isn't to be found on any other set - that I could find anyway. The removable (and replacable) cord, headband pad, and earpad covers are also great features. The RS20S is the last communicaions headset I'll ever need.

KF6BKH Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2019 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought these to go with my Omni 7 for contesting but I have received so many good audio reports I now use these for every day use. The comfort and fit and finish is top notch. The only bad thing I can think of is the high price but if these last me as long as my old headset did then its is not a bad deal.

VK5ISO Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2019 05:34 Send this review to a friend
Updated review: problem solved. Great company to deal with!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After reading my mildly negative review of Feb 25, 2018, in which I mentioned repeated problems with the headband coming loose, Dave Bottom, WI6R, founder of Radiosport contacted me by email and told me that he had become aware of the issue and that his team had redesigned the headband cover.
Dave very kindly proposed to send me the new headband cover for free (even thought my warrantee had long since lapsed), as long as I would cover postage to Australia.
I have just received the new headband cover and it has completely changed my experience of this headset, which I use everyday for CW. I cannot recommend it too highly in the light of its superb build-quality and the remarkable company ethics evinced by Dave and Arlan Communications which are in keeping with what amateur radio is all about!

N6MWA Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2018 20:54 Send this review to a friend
RS20CR  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The quality, comfort and audio characteristics are simply the best I have encountered at any price level for a communications headset. What really makes these headphones special is the build quality. This is a product you can buy once and depend on it over time unlike some other "premium" products which have the unfortunate tendency to literally fall apart. A great product!!

NQ5T Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2018 22:06 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding ++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently received the RS60CF. It's a great headset. Took me a long time to decide to take the plunge .. and I'm glad I did.

I had read reviews of how "heavy" they are. They may be heavier than average in the hand, perhaps, but not heavy on the head at all. Very comfortable — spent several days operating with them nearly all day, and they were as comfortable at the end of the day as they were in the morning. More comfortable than even much more expensive hi-end audiophile headsets I use for music listening.

Build quality is superb. Everything about them is just … superb. Yes, they cost more than a CM500. And yes, you get what you pay for — in either case.

Next stop is an RS50SL for lightweight travel …

KK4WL Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2018 14:34 Send this review to a friend
RadioSport RS60CF-DDE/M350-ADJ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great headset. I have always used headsets
and have tried 4 on in the last 6 months. Some ok but none great until this one.
I tried a heil pro7 for Icom and never could get the rf out of the audio. The price is crazy but after using other headsets I believe this is the best deal. I am using it on a Icom IC7610 and could not be happier. Great TX and RX audio. Dave is the best to deal with. I only gave it a 5 but it is really a 10. 73

W7BV Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2018 12:14 Send this review to a friend
RS60CF and new RS50SL both excellant  Time owned: more than 12 months
After several years of using the RS60CF deluxe flex-boom mic, stereo headset, I am still very impressed by the excellent audio and construction quality, external noise reduction, and comfort this headset provides even after several hours on my head operating my Elecraft K3. More recently, I purchased the new, lightweight RS50SL flex-boom mic, stereo headset for use with my KX2 and KX3. I'm equally as impressed with it as I am with its big brother. As a plus, its optional carrying case has room to carry my KX2 along with the headphones making a compact package for travel! These Radiosport headsets are by far my favorites of the many high-end ones that I have used in the past for amateur radio operations. Finally, the responsive service Dave provides is terrific.

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2018 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Not sure what I was thinking  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
... Waiting so long. I have bought several nice pairs of headphones over the years that are audiophile quality. My last being a set of Sennheisers that was terribly uncomfortable.

After the 160 CW contest last weekend, I had had enough and searched for "comfortable headphones for amateur radio". This lead me to several glowing reviews. I almost bought the set with a microphone and would have spent the money however, I just could not get past the $100 for the radio cable part of it.

So I but the new radiosports on and could not believe how comfortable they are. I had some concern with their choice to roll the bass off at 200hz as for eSSB there is some important qualities in this region. However, they sounded fantastic on SSB and of course CW as well.

Very high quality. Should last me for decades.

W5JON Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2018 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Finally  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After years of trying to find the perfect headset, this is it. The outside noise cancelling is excellent. And they are so comfortable, I can finally operate for hours and totally forget that I am wearing a headset. They really are the best and last headset I will ever need. Thanks Dave GREAT product.